Big Night Out 2010 - Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore, 3rd Feb 2010

Demonocracy

Just looked at some reviews and it's not looking as good as the TZ7 for gigs.

Oh, that's too bad. It's such a disappointment that they excluded manual settings from the TZ7; they could've made it a perfect point and shoot.

This however looks great!

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/LUMIX+Digital+Cameras/Super+Zoom/DMC-TZ10/Overview/3377869/index.html

The TZ8 would appear to be the successor to the TZ6. This TZ10 is the successor to the TZ7. Want!

Aaaahhhhhh, I see. :) That got me all confused. Hmmm... I wanna get the TZ10 for myself. I just borrowed this TZ7 from someone else. Hee. The image quality isn't at par with that of DSLRS with bigger sensors (I had to edit out the noise for some of my gig photos), but it's very powerful for such a compact camera. I'd get it for the video quality, most of all.

Oh, that's too bad. It's such a disappointment that they excluded manual settings from the TZ7; they could've made it a perfect point and shoot.

Aaaahhhhhh, I see. :) That got me all confused. Hmmm... I wanna get the TZ10 for myself. I just borrowed this TZ7 from someone else. Hee. The image quality isn't at par with that of DSLRS with bigger sensors (I had to edit out the noise for some of my gig photos), but it's very powerful for such a compact camera. I'd get it for the video quality, most of all.

Yeah, the TZ10 would be the one to go for as it has HD so pics/video/audio would be as good as (presumably better than??) the TZ7 :happy:

I have vids! :) they're in HD and I was in front of the stage, so, yeah, go and see :p

I also have 71 photos posted here (mostly of Matt, 'cause I was on his side):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alypaap/sets/72157623240193255/

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Wow those pics are just ...stunning! :D

Oh, I answered you there & got your reply, but I'll say it here as well in case anybody else wants to ask: I used a Panasonic DMC-TZ7. :) Your O2 videos look great, too! It has incredible sound & video quality for a point and shoot. They're coming out with the TZ8 which finally includes manual settings for still images.

Now why does that not surprise me?! :rolleyes::LOL:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/LUMIX+Digital+Cameras/Super+Zoom/DMC-TZ10/Overview/3377869/index.html

The TZ8 would appear to be the successor to the TZ6. This TZ10 is the successor to the TZ7. Want!

Not another Panasonic! Honestly, I'm beginning to think that the .mu shop ought to stock these things - being the Camera Of the Muser...maybe they could get us a decent discount! :p:LOL:

Ooooh. Panasonic should give out free TZ10's (or better yet) LX3s during Muse gigs. :p

Gonna upload my other vids in a while. I have half of the Helsinki Jam, the last part of Undisclosed Desires, and half of Sunburn + Matt playing random chords on the piano + Dom talking. :p I hesitated to upload them at first 'cause they were incomplete, but the sound/image quality makes up for the lack of the other parts, I guess. :D

The TZ7's battery life is one thing I'll have to complain about. It doesn't last long enough to be able to take several vids during gigs. :(

Ooooh. Panasonic should give out free TZ10's (or better yet) LX3s during Muse gigs. :p

Gonna upload my other vids in a while. I have half of the Helsinki Jam, the last part of Undisclosed Desires, and half of Sunburn + Matt playing random chords on the piano + Dom talking. :p I hesitated to upload them at first 'cause they were incomplete, but the sound/image quality makes up for the lack of the other parts, I guess. :D

The TZ7's battery life is one thing I'll have to complain about. It doesn't last long enough to be able to take several vids during gigs. :(

Yep, that's a well-documented issue and is exactly why I bought a spare Panasonic battery for my TZ7 (it has to be a genuine Panasonic one or it won't work) and I had to use it at both the gigs I've used the camera at.

Anyone thinking of buying this camera though shouldn't be put off by the relatively short battery life because it is a fantastic gig camera as you can see from the videos those of us who use the camera have taken!:happy:

^ I agree with you though :) everything else about the camera is excellent. the batteries died on me right after Knights of Cydonia ended, so i wasn't that annoyed. (though i had no more pictures of my own when we crashed the after party & met dom. sigh)

Oh, Undisclosed Desires in HD is up already. :D I don't have the entire performance, but the quality's brilliant, so check it out! :) I'll post the last two once they're done.

dfZv3nFSQac

I have vids! :) they're in HD and I was in front of the stage, so, yeah, go and see :p

I also have 71 photos posted here (mostly of Matt, 'cause I was on his side):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alypaap/sets/72157623240193255/

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Thanks for sharing those!

:LOL:

I cannot afford to change my TZ7 right now - I had it for less than a year... Muse management really needs to start a deal with Panasonic though!!

Oh, I answered you there & got your reply, but I'll say it here as well in case anybody else wants to ask: I used a Panasonic DMC-TZ7. :) Your O2 videos look great, too! It has incredible sound & video quality for a point and shoot. They're coming out with the TZ8 which finally includes manual settings for still images.

What... I think I brought the wrong camera in that case, thats why I didnt go panasonic cause of the non manual settings. Shit.

What... I think I brought the wrong camera in that case, thats why I didnt go panasonic cause of the non manual settings. Shit.

I can see you've been using the SX 200 IS. I was initially planning to get that camera for my brother (we've been loyal Canon customers since the non-digital days), but the sly salesman at the Sim Lim store in Singapore managed to convince me to get the Lumix. I think he might have been trying to fool us by passing photos taken with ISO 1600 as the basis for the Canon model's lower image quality, but until now I don't think I really went wrong with listening to him. :p I loathed the SX 200 IS's pop up flash, and optical zoom is also not possible while recording videos.

I can see you've been using the SX 200 IS. I was initially planning to get that camera for my brother (we've been loyal Canon customers since the non-digital days), but the sly salesman at the Sim Lim store in Singapore managed to convince me to get the Lumix. I think he might have been trying to fool us by passing photos taken with ISO 1600 as the basis for the Canon model's lower image quality, but until now I don't think I really went wrong with listening to him. :p I loathed the SX 200 IS's pop up flash, and optical zoom is also not possible while recording videos.

Yeah I was uming and aahing between the two cameras for ages and stuck with Canon purely cause I've only ever used canons and know they are reliable. The pop-up flash did worry me but I've got used to it now I guess and the zooming whilst recording, well you win some you lose some. I wanted manual controls which the panasonic didn't have. Haven't really tested the camera fully yet so need more time to tell whether I've made the correct decision.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm bumping this thread a little but I just have to say..

I went to this show and it was my first Muse concert. I was visiting people in Singapore and had to get tickets to this, I mean Muse and Rise Against together?!

Anyway, it was definitely an amazing show. I had pretty good seats and everyone was standing up and going crazy. Great atmosphere.

I stayed back after the show and met Chris, he signed stuff for everyone and I got my Resistance poster signed. I wish I could've taken a picture with him but I didn't have my camera.

I'm sure the shows in Australia will be just as great.

Archived