Song written by Muse for Adam Lambert

bunerz

er...why not?

Because it's leaked material.... I'm not sure if the mods are heavy on this one, but I know that early on in the thread over in Songs & Releases Niall said something about not posting the song, not sure if he just meant specifically talking about ripping it or if youtube counts :unsure: So, I don't really know, but I figured I'd say something just in case :)

Because it's leaked material.... I'm not sure if the mods are heavy on this one, but I know that early on in the thread over in Songs & Releases Niall said something about not posting the song, not sure if he just meant specifically talking about ripping it or if youtube counts :unsure: So, I don't really know, but I figured I'd say something just in case :)

hmmmm better safe than sorry, I suppose. thanks for the warning:happy:

another long post from me

The thing is, they don't really need to make it into the top 40 charts, just the Alternative and Rock charts (which they consistently have, at least the alt one, since Abso) I think that would be enough to give them a solid base, which along with the exposure they could get from local rock stations through gigging (giggidy) would put them over the edge.

Sure, they wouldn't be Beyonce, but they can do just fine for themselves without being that big. It's a big market, and the charts are national - so you can be really popular in a particular region or with a particular subset of the population without making it on to the big charts. I think they realize that it's harder to get attention in the bigger market, but I think they've miscalculated just how much attention they need.

Black Holes debuted in the top 10 without the Twilight or any other pop culture links and without having a big hit single at the time of release. Starlight nearly made it into the hot 100.

That's why I don't get this push that they're doing... it seems wrongheaded to me - like they think they need some sort of chart position or radio play that they really don't need. They've been steadily building a fanbase here since '04 and I thought they were doing a pretty good job of it... so why the sudden embrace of all things pop culture?

I said it in the post to musemom, but I'm all for casting a wide net, i'm just a little concerned about the waters they're choosing to fish. It seems like they're focused mainly on the pop market lately and they can get fans that way, but they seem to be neglecting the rock market. It seems to me that they'd do better at getting long term fans if they put their effort into that market rather than hitching on to fads.

The thing is, I'm not entirely sure I believe that they really understand how faddy the stuff they're attached to is, there seems to be almost a naivete about it (like the twilight = lost boys comments... which also worries me because I wonder if they're getting bad advice about this stuff....

:chuckle: yeah, the world would be a better place if there was more balance between the pop, hiphop and rock ;) Maybe I'm just being a "back in my day" old person, but it really seems like things have gone downhill in the last 10 yrs or so when it comes to music. It's so hard to find good stuff.... i blame limp bizkit. That was the turning point, in my memory at least... durst :fear:

And I know they haven't changed their music, I'm more concerned with what sort of image they're getting over here... and tbh I am afraid that they're going to be pressured to start changing the music if they keep going down this road... I'm afraid they'll get big off of a fad, then they'll release an album that won't connect to the fad and lose those people and the label will get on their cases about the type of music they're making like happened with OOS. I'm not particularly worried about the band imploding, just about them retreating back to europe so that I can't ever see them again! :supersad: (i know, i worry too much )

As a side note, a lot of people complain about how bad music is here based on what you hear on the radio and how much better it is over there, but tbh from what I've heard the couple of times I've listened to Zane Lowe for Muse news doesn't sound a whole lot better than what you get on the radio over here :chuckle: Doesn't appeal to me at all, at least... maybe that's not a good source, though, I dunno :p;)

And sorry for the rant earlier :$ i just needed to get that out of my system. I've been a little angry with a certain meerkat lately :shifty:

Yep, I agree with you here, i'm not particularly in favour of them joining the fad as you put it :p but eh, i'll respect what they wanna do. I think you along with many others here are somewhat protective of the boys and none of us want them to make any bad decisions and have it backfire on themselves... but, they're big boys aren't they... as much as I'm slightly annoyed at their involvment with things such as Twilight (mostly 'cause I hate them being known as a "Twilight band") we've just gotta let them get on with it I guess. I really don't think they will ever go against us true fans just to please the pop world, it's just so not them. I think they know what they're doing... well... at least I hope :chuckle: it's quite baffling, I'm really just trying to make some sense out of what they're doing but... not really having too much luck :LOL: ahh Muse, you're forever confusing us all. But anyway, lets not get worried just get, we'll save that for if they ever appear on iCarly :D then we'll really have a reason to be pissed off!

Oh, and Zane's a cool guy and everything but his radio shows are pretty crap :LOL: please don't go by what he plays :p

That most certainly is not a guy!

:stunned:Srsly.:erm:

And majorlulz at this!:rolleyes:: facepalm::LOL :

nope... it's a guy... or at least, he claims to be :p

Yep, I agree with you here, i'm not particularly in favour of them joining the fad as you put it :p but eh, i'll respect what they wanna do. I think you along with many others here are somewhat protective of the boys and none of us want them to make any bad decisions and have it backfire on themselves... but, they're big boys aren't they... as much as I'm slightly annoyed at their involvment with things such as Twilight (mostly 'cause I hate them being known as a "Twilight band") we've just gotta let them get on with it I guess. I really don't think they will ever go against us true fans just to please the pop world, it's just so not them. I think they know what they're doing... well... at least I hope :chuckle: it's quite baffling, I'm really just trying to make some sense out of what they're doing but... not really having too much luck :LOL: ahh Muse, you're forever confusing us all.

For me I don't think it's not so much being protective of them as it is a bit of selfishness ;) I don't want them to screw up here because if they do and we end up back in '01 mode it'll be harder for me to get their music and get to their gigs :p Like I said in another post somewhere, I don't think they would screw up to the extent that they'd disappear, but they could screw up their chances over here. There's also an element of feeling like you're seeing someone do something questionable and you're holding your breath thinking "god, i hope they know what they're doing!"

But yeah, baffling really is the word for it. I really don't understand what the master plan is... or maybe there isn't one!

I partly wonder if it's some sort of "experiment", where they're trying something new to see what it's like...

But anyway, lets not get worried just get, we'll save that for if they ever appear on iCarly :D then we'll really have a reason to be pissed off!

I'm hoping for a Jonas Collaboration my own self :yesey:

Oh, and Zane's a cool guy and everything but his radio shows are pretty crap :LOL: please don't go by what he plays :p

:chuckle: I didn't mean that his stuff was typical of what exists there... but is he typical of what you generally find on the radio? Or is he just generally off the wall? :p

For me I don't think it's not so much being protective of them as it is a bit of selfishness ;) I don't want them to screw up here because if they do and we end up back in '01 mode it'll be harder for me to get their music and get to their gigs :p Like I said in another post somewhere, I don't think they would screw up to the extent that they'd disappear, but they could screw up their chances over here. There's also an element of feeling like you're seeing someone do something questionable and you're holding your breath thinking "god, i hope they know what they're doing!"

But yeah, baffling really is the word for it. I really don't understand what the master plan is... or maybe there isn't one!

I partly wonder if it's some sort of "experiment", where they're trying something new to see what it's like...

I'm hoping for a Jonas Collaboration my own self :yesey:

:chuckle: I didn't mean that his stuff was typical of what exists there... but is he typical of what you generally find on the radio? Or is he just generally off the wall? :p

Ah, I see :LOL: well... I really have no idea what's going on in their heads so... let's just say we hope they know what they're doing and we'll leave it there :p they're just mad. And they enjoy confusing us.

O rly, I'm hoping for a Lady Gaga collab :D

Nah, I only listen to Zane when Muse are on and I always sit there thinking what utter tripe most of it is :p plus he plays rap music and we never hear that normally on the radio... Absolute Radio is a good example, they play good stuff on there.

oooOookay...

1.OMGWTFUSRS?

2.Did Lambert save Matt's life?If not - there's no excuse.

3.Lambert's not a woman?:wtf:Rly?..-->http://www.rcarecords.com/adamlambert/adamlambert_foryourentertainment_cover.jpg :eek:

4.This song is too beautiful...:(

5.Why the hell Matt wants Muse to be big in America?

6.I'd like Lady Gaga collab - i'm sure it would sound epic.I don't like her but she's awesome live.

Well, I don't quite see why Matt gave such a gorgeous song to Adam Lambert, but that's his choice, and in a way, I guess it's no different to composing film music etc, it's just a side-project really. I love the Muse version though, so I hope it's a new b-side :happy:

Not a B-side but now that it has been released all over the internet we have a new Muse song :D

I'd say that Matt liking this song, and not being allowed to have it on any of Muse albums, has found a way to get by Dom &Chris and have his song released one way or another :p:LOL:

Edit: or maybe he finds it so crap that he just wants to have a bit of fun with this whole give away campaign:eek::ninja:

Okay this should hopefully answer most questions raised on this thread and it also confirms what a few of us thought (i.e. Soaked is the song that was lost in Cliff's beard).

It's from a Japanese interview and kindly translated by Uchu and posted on the "soaked" thread:

Matt talked about Soaked a bit to the previous issue of the Japanese magazine 'Crossbeat'. Following is translation of the article.

Bellamy: ... But I rely on Chris and Dom so much whilst I sort out various ideas. I mean, I sometimes propose ideas which are not suitable for Muse or simply not good. Then they try to sort out that kind of ideas which eventually go well.

Crossbeat: Could you pick up and tell us the 'not good ideas' you have come up with for example?

Bellamy: I wrote a song called 'Soaked' when we were making Black Holes and Revelations, it is just like 'Nikita' by Elton John or that kind of tunes from 80s. According to our publisher, it's a Adam Lambert-esque song, who took the second place in American Idle, that is to say it's such music. I want to write various genres of music, classical music, pop music, and anything. I suppose Muse have the clear distinction that we must not get over, however, I sometimes cross it as a songwriter. When I'm about to do so, I can make it clear thanks to help by Chris and Dom.

Translated by Uchu

Archived