Song written by Muse for Adam Lambert

bunerz

I was shocked when I heard this. Actually, I didn't believe it. I thought I knew Muse's entire catalog. I guess I can be wrong.

With that said, I love Adam Lambert. He has a fantastic voice and an amazing range. The guy can sing a fking laundry list and make it sound great. I have every song and video the guy has made. Adam was interviewed and said he would like to collaborate with Muse. I guess he got his wish. I'm happy for him.

About the cover: I hated it, but Bowie did the whole androgynous thing too. Adam's cover is really campy. The guy doesn't take himself too seriously.

Oh...and the guys aren't obligated to tell us every side project that they'll venture into. We aren't entitled.

david-bowie.jpg

so....i havent listened much to this guy, but seems like he has some resonable pipes. i could totaly imagine him singing something a bit more musical -ish than rock, though. but when singing the right song and all, he would probably be ok.

why care about how he looks? so hes a bit dramatic and over the top on the cover and on stage-anyone remember david bowie back in the day?? what about freddy mercury at times??huh??huh?? thought so.... the dudes were a bit weird.and very over the top. doesent stop me from loving their music though;)

what i chose to care about when it comes to lambert though: the guy seem to have pretty good taste in music :D not saying everything he seems to have chosen fit him, but he has taste :D and that could possibly/maybe end up in a pretty fun album :) not saying i will run and buy it....but still.

and....Matt writing for a fan?? giving away a song to a project pretty much started by a fan -again?? cool dude!

well mr bellamy, when will it be my turn?

one of my photobooks might need a soundtrack in the future ;):LOL:

Because their website tends to be behind.

Kirkbot will likely have a post about it in the news section about 4wks after the album is released :p

Personally, I like Adam Lambert. Sure, he goes a bit overboard, but his performance of Tracks of My Tears (live, not studio version) was amazing, and Mad World was good too.

So I don't really mind Muse donating a song that they were likely to never record anyway to him.

As far as Lady Gaga goes, she also wrote a song for his album. Should be an interesting album...I might just download it.

Oh dear god... does this explain it? Geez Matt, this GaGa obsession is going to far! :noey:

:p

Kirkbot will likely have a post about it in the news section about 4wks after the album is released :p

Oh dear god... does this explain it? Geez Matt, this GaGa obsession is going to far! :noey:

:p

haha As much as I really dislike Adam Lambert I do think its really nice of Matt to Donate one of his songs to a Muse fan, it just shows what a nice guy he is

haha As much as I really dislike Adam Lambert I do think its really nice of Matt to Donate one of his songs to a Muse fan

I don't. ;)

I am still afraid that they're going about things the wrong way here in the US and are getting themselves waaaaaaaaay too closely linked to pop culture fads. I'm afraid it's going to hurt their chances over here in the long run :erm:

Are you sure this was a Muse original? Theres nothing on the old reliable MuseWiki?!

Because there was nothing to say about it. Other than a title I knew nothing to write the article on, it was listed on the Warner copyright catalogue (I'll find it in a second), and I had assumed it was an alternative titles for Rain or something.

I don't. ;)

I am still afraid that they're going about things the wrong way here in the US and are getting themselves waaaaaaaaay too closely linked to pop culture fads. I'm afraid it's going to hurt their chances over here in the long run :erm:

Ya since Undisclosed Desires is going to be their next single, as much as I love that song it is a pop kind of song and im afraid that its gonna end up on a top 40/pop station like JYY. That is what happened to Green Day's 21 Guns =(

I dont wanna be hearing Hanna Montana, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, and then Muse! after (Not that I listen to that station but my bus driver sometimes puts it on in the mornings and I dont want Muse to get real popular here that way)

i had never seen anything by this guy but having watched a clip now it strikes me that he's like an overstyled, over acting Brian Molko. this must be why simon cowell is trying to have 'rock' acts on x factor.

matt's obviously doing it for the money. and then muse will 'cover' the song and blow him away..

i had never seen anything by this guy but having watched a clip now it strikes me that he's like an overstyled, over acting Brian Molko. this must be why simon cowell is trying to have 'rock' acts on x factor.

matt's obviously doing it for the money. and then muse will 'cover' the song and blow him away..

Uhhh I wouldn't say he was doing it for the money, just the popularity. They just wanna become more well known.

I dont wanna be hearing Hanna Montana, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, and then Muse! after (Not that I listen to that station but my bus driver sometimes puts it on in the mornings and I dont want Muse to get real popular here that way)

I feel the same, but still... if it's their own song that was their own thing and became big, I wouldn't mind it as much. It's the constant linking to American Idol, Twilight and Lambert that's irking me.

If they gain a big following for what they are, then so be it, but if they gain a big following because "ZOMG! tehy r so kewl!!! i liek to imageen edward kissin' bellaaa wen i here tehr songz!!!" then what's the point, really? Unless you're just in it for the money (which I don't think they are)

Uhhh I wouldn't say he was doing it for the money, just the popularity. They just wanna become more well known.

More known where, though? I don't remember them doing things like this when they were trying to make it in the UK or Europe... it seems like a new phenomenon with them trying to break the US. I hope they realize that it is possible for them to be successful here without linking themselves to the latest fads :erm: but the more i look at their decisions with regard to the US and our stupid pop culture crap the more I think they don't....

http://www.warnerchappell.com/

Register and search for it there. You can listen to it.

ah, thanks for that.... :shifty:

But it's his album...why so many other contributions?

There are many recording artists that collaborate with song writers. And many song writers that happily contribute to talented artists.

It's just the way of the recording industry whether we like it or not.

There are many recording artists that collaborate with song writers. And many song writers that happily contribute to talented artists.

It's just the way of the recording industry whether we like it or not.

But the way this is sounding is that all of these people are writing songs for him in which case he isn't doing anything except getting more songs for his album. :erm:

Archived