Song written by Muse for Adam Lambert

bunerz

i even thought that back when i heard the studioversion :stunned:

i just listened very closely back then and thought 'yeah, the guy has a big voice, and know how to treat it. a bit to polished for my taste,but i can hear why people like him.... :) oh wait.....WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO THE PIANO?!:eek:

it sounds like they played all the instruments on the computer....its so fucking dead and cold:stunned: thats it.... i cant listen to this! :mad::fear: '

then i ran right back to that scetchy demo. listened to the instrument and singing there, and realized yet another reason why i love Muse so much:happy:

real people playing real instruments with real emotions will always sound so much warmer/is effin sexy :happy:

I know right! :eek:

How on earth can you think that ''Hm great, we got a song from Matthew Bellamy, the god of making new sounds and music... but let's fuck the piano sound up and make it sound like a big (out of tune) computer.. and OH OH, let's take a emo girl that can't even play properly and make HER play it! :LOL:

When the piano part started I freaked out and probably looked like a kid seing his parents having sex or something like that...

I don't understand what wen't through whoever was in charge of that 's head...

BUT, Adam does have a nice voice. A little bit boring sometimes, but still great! :) :)

I still have a hard time believing Matt wrote this song. I listen to Adam singing it and I think, yeah, it sounds like something Celine Dion would sing. I can totally see it. Even the Muse recording doesn't sound Musey to me. It sounds like Muse doing some abysmal cover. I don't know, at first I found it okay, but now I really can't listen to it at all. Just my opinion, of course. ;)

I remember Matt saying in an interview that he often goes off on a tangent in his songwriting and writes songs that aren't suitable for Muse. He relies on Dom and Chris to filter them out but he wants the opportunity to write other stuff as well.

To me this song sounds completely in keeping with Matt's tender side and I really like it - but the original, not Adam Lambert's version, because he's completely ruined it imo! :stunned: I think Matt needs to vet the singers before he gives away his songs. :LOL: No honestly, there's a skill in song interpretation which I think a lot of singers lack.

I don't think Matt's always the best at putting over the sentiment either - I'm thinking - Guiding Light - and even Resistance possibly could have been improved by drawing the vocal back a bit, but this one works imo.

And I'm just going to add that because Matt never intended to be a singer, I think it's remarkable what he has achieved actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't really care about the fact that Muse wrote a song for Adam Lambert, in fact I agree with Matt, he is interesting and well, so are Muse (on top of being awesome of course!). I really like the song 'Soaked', and even though the version by the band tops Lambert's big style, it's a great song and someone's got to release it. Disappointing that they didn't but still, I love the song. :)

I agree with him 'though. I don't know many bands who'd have an equal opportunity with Muse to be remembered still after 50 or so years. They have a good chance right now to become legends, and it's all thanks to their talent and dedication alone.

I agree with him 'though. I don't know many bands who'd have an equal opportunity with Muse to be remembered still after 50 or so years. They have a good chance right now to become legends, and it's all thanks to their talent and dedication alone.

Yes it's a very nice comment. I only just read it. Why did he not go to the gig though if he loves them so much?

+1 :happy:

As for Lambert, I think he's a good singer but his style just doesn't appeal to me. It's a little too over-the-top and polished for me. But I like him in the sense that he hasn't felt the need to bash on other musicians - it's nice how he keeps mentioning Muse in such a positive tone.

My mom is a huge Adam Lambert fan. I went with her to one of his concerts in Kansas City. I actually like Adam Lambert. He definitely isn't one of my favorite artists or anything, but I enjoy a couple studio versions of his songs, including "Soaked". The live version was terrible however. The cool piano bits were missing and it just sounded weak. :$

When I saw this topic title I was shocked :eek:

I listened to the song by Muse first as was appropriate...and then could only find live performances by Lambert so chose one with good sound... and well... He uses a big amount of echo, at least that's what it sounds like to me, voice is ok, but he sings so many bits and pieces wrong to my feeling that I don't like it much. With "wrong" I mean the way Muse do it sounds right and the way he does it sounds wrong, even through I tried to listen unbiased. That obviously means that Matt hit the right notes and Lambert the wrong ones. :chuckle:

his version of soaked just shows what amazing musicians matt' date='dom and chris are! this guy has a decent voice, but his band totally ruins the song for me. especially the piano is awfully played, but the rest doesn't sound nearly as good as muse's version either.[/quote']

This. I don't really like Adam, but he does have a nice voice imo, and there's nothing wrong with the way he sings it. But the band's sound is so WEAK compared to what I expect out of a Muse song.

At any rate it's a nice change from hating covers because the singer is bad, not the band. :LOL:

Yes it's a very nice comment. I only just read it. Why did he not go to the gig though if he loves them so much?

Yeah, there was a gig he was supposed to go to because I remember seeing his tweets posted on the gig thread. Apparently he had a migraine and decided not to go. :rolleyes: I think I'd go even if someone had just cut my arm off! :LOL: Okay, slight exaggeration. :erm:

Yeah, there was a gig he was supposed to go to because I remember seeing his tweets posted on the gig thread. Apparently he had a migraine and decided not to go. :rolleyes: I think I'd go even if someone had just cut my arm off! :LOL: Okay, slight exaggeration. :erm:

I would never, EVER go to a concert while having a migraine. I would be half-blind and hiding under the bed.

Archived