Song written by Muse for Adam Lambert

bunerz

So I bought this song today on Itunes (released today) and I think it's amazing. His voice is really good, the production is unbelievable, as you would expect from a pop recording. It really empathises how much of a great song writer Bellamy is. He should hand more of his unreleased songs to other artists instead of letting them go unheard. However, I think Soaked is such a good song that it really surprises me that it didn't make BH&R when tunes like Exo-Politics did. Bizarre.

So I bought this song today on Itunes (released today) and I think it's amazing. His voice is really good, the production is unbelievable, as you would expect from a pop recording. It really empathises how much of a great song writer Bellamy is. He should hand more of his unreleased songs to other artists instead of letting them go unheard. However, I think Soaked is such a good song that it really surprises me that it didn't make BH&R when tunes like Exo-Politics did. Bizarre.

I agree.

Muse always wins at the end of the day, but I don't subscribe to the thinking that I should hate something because it's written but not sang by Muse. This Adam boy can sing, I had no clue who he was before Soaked and I checked out some of his other stuff and most of it is absolute crap apart from Time For Miracles which is excellent.

Checking some of the Adam Lambert forums most of the people there think Soaked is the highlight of the album. So well done Matt.

PS The production really is outstanding. It's so loud without suffering from clipping or distortion. It just sounds so crisp and clean. Whoever produced it Matt Bellamy & Co should look to drafting them in for the next album. I'm not even joking.

Muse always wins at the end of the day, but I don't subscribe to the thinking that I should hate something because it's written but not sang by Muse. This Adam boy can sing, I had no clue who he was before Soaked and I checked out some of his other stuff and most of it is absolute crap apart from Time For Miracles which is excellent.

Checking some of the Adam Lambert forums most of the people there think Soaked is the highlight of the album. So well done Matt.

PS The production really is outstanding. It's so loud without suffering from clipping or distortion. It just sounds so crisp and clean. Whoever produced it Matt Bellamy & Co should look to drafting them in for the next album. I'm not even joking.

Adam's album & Soaked is produced by Rob Cavallo (best known as Green Day albums producer)

Adam's album & Soaked is produced by Adam Cavallo (best known as Green Day albums producer)

That explains it then. I'm not a big Green Day fan but Boulevard of Broken Dreams is a huge record with immaculate production and it always impressed me how explosive it sounded on a loud system.

For a second there, I thought you were kidding, but alas :facepalm: He butchered Starlight IMO, so...

Well the funny thing is, is that I clicked a link in the sig of the person who posted the album cover, and an ad for Adam's CD was on the site :chuckle: And I must say, the album art IS a little disturbing... It somehow reminds me of the MoTP nebula on the single version *shiver* :eek:

I'm sorry, but I can't see this working too well...

SHOCKHOUND: How did you score the song "Soaked," which is an unreleased track by Muse?

LAMBERT: That was wild how that all worked out. I think somebody at my record company knows somebody that knows somebody. I don't know how they found them. That was quite an honor to be given that song. That one is left of center, definitely [an] acquired taste. People that love music will get it, but some people will get confused by it. It's risky. It's different.

• 3 months later...

that the hell muse selling music to an american idol? where is your market now? Teenpoopers??? Twilight? What the!!! Please don't go down this road it isn't good! also adam lambert is not that good! looks dumb wearing that emo/goth/punk look his "band" isn't that good. please muse don't be a sell out band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dct8Ol-XyOw

Listen to that piano... They're seriously abusing this song.

i even thought that back when i heard the studioversion :stunned:

i just listened very closely back then and thought 'yeah, the guy has a big voice, and know how to treat it. a bit to polished for my taste,but i can hear why people like him.... :) oh wait.....WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO THE PIANO?!:eek:

it sounds like they played all the instruments on the computer....its so fucking dead and cold:stunned: thats it.... i cant listen to this! :mad::fear: '

then i ran right back to that scetchy demo. listened to the instrument and singing there, and realized yet another reason why i love Muse so much:happy:

real people playing real instruments with real emotions will always sound so much warmer/is effin sexy :happy:

adam sang it better than matt..just saying. listen to the muse demo, then adam's. though you guys will prob like muse's better...but whatever. adam's voice sounds cleaner. :happy:

Just because something sounds cleaner doesn't mean it's better. Micro Cuts, for example, is very hard to understand, personally, but that doesn't mean its bad. In fact, if I could understand it I probably wouldn't like it as much. Heavy Metal isn't usually clean sounding, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sound as good as clean sounding country music.

If you think that we will like Muse's version better, then I believe it is safe to say that we would think that Matt has a better voice.

Opinion gets us nowhere with these conversations.

adam sang it better than matt..just saying. listen to the muse demo, then adam's. though you guys will prob like muse's better...but whatever. adam's voice sounds cleaner. :happy:

he does have a really lovely voice :) and does seem to be trained in singing, and have less flaws in his voice than a lot of others.

i would love to see him rock out on a musical-stage or something too, because he seem to have the strength in his voice to back something actually quite challenging like that up,and sing it the way i would love for that to sound :) (strangely written sentence, but im sure you know what i mean.)

but at the same time Matts voice have a different personality,rawness and tone to his voice that made me fall in love with it way back when, and still make me favour him over a lot of singers, better scholared or not. sure, you could claim me biased as a muse-fan, but the fact remains: his voice just connects with me differently than adams, is all :)

From Critic's Choice:

As on “Idol” his finest moments here are also the most straightforward. “Soaked,” written by Matthew Bellamy of Muse, is a slow, luscious power ballad that could have been sung by Celine Dion.

:chuckle:

Well it does sound a bit like Celine Dion could sing it with the treatment Adam Lambert gives it! :LOL: He has got a very pure voice but for goodness sake! :LOL: Matt's take on it imo is a lot more intelligent - soft and intimate and you feel the sentiment of it. And Matt's version sounds real and nothing like a power ballad.:D

And the instrumentation sounds better on the Muse version! :)

Archived