People's Choice Awards

bunerz

Nominations just announced - They were nominated!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091110/ap_en_tv/us_people_s_choice_awards_nominations

Rock band: Daughtry, Green Day, Kings of Leon, Muse, Paramore.

Muse: :awesome:

Daughtry: :vomit:.

In a world with good taste, Muse would easily knock down the competition.

However, seeing as that's not the case, my bet is on either Green Day or Paramore :noey:

I can understand Green Day. I cannot possible fathom why in the world people would even think to listen to Paramore :(

I concur....

Well I spent my ENTIRE day off (with the exception of lunch and bathroom) voting for Muse on two different computers so those creepy Paramore fans can get it shoved in their face, so let's say 6 votes a minute for... 10 hours now... 6 x 60 x 10... PLUS that 180 from yesterday... *does crappy math* .....

3780 VOTES!!! :pope:

*faints*

OOOOHHHH and I have access to 32 computers at school tomorrow... hehehehe :ninja: Paramore is going down... *twitch* ..... [/obsessed]

I've voted about 20 times so far, but I don't know if it's worth it anymore. Of those bands, Muse is the one that the most average Americans will not have at least heard of. Everyone's heard of the others. I bet it will be Green Day or KoL. :vomit:

I will keep trying. Our only hope is that those other bands don't have fans as obsessive as us Musers.

I've voted about 20 times so far, but I don't know if it's worth it anymore. Of those bands, Muse is the one that the most average Americans will not have at least heard of. Everyone's heard of the others. I bet it will be Green Day or KoL. :vomit:

I will keep trying. Our only hope is that those other bands don't have fans as obsessive as us Musers.

I don't know if it's worth it anymore.... and HOLDDDDD YOU INNN MY ARMS!!!! I just wanted to HOLLLLDDD you innn myyy arms!!!!!

*cough* .... :$

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ON TOPIC, I threw in a HELLUVA LOTTA votes, see above posts :rolleyes:, and I think we can do this. I've contacted quite a few friends, who are on computers 24/7 that promised to pitch in for the sake of my sanity ;)

*goes away to vote*

To clarify, they're not nominated yet, but the top 5 on that list get nominated. Then "the people" vote again for the winner. Hmmm. They have a tough road against all that mainstream crap on the list. (Just my opinion... :rolleyes:) But you can vote multiple times! :D

still open for voting, I have to skip a lot of categories though since I don't watch much TV

I voted but, I have a feeling Green Day will win. They have a huge fanbase. It would be nice to see Muse win a music award in the states, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. The only radio stations that play them are the alternative radio stations. Even then they are rarely played and will only play their latest singles, unless you get a radio dj that loves Muse and will play them a little more during their time slot..even then that is RARE.

Green Day/Paramore/Kings of Leon/Daughtry all get played on several different types of radio stations..which reach a broader fanbase. Also not all of the twatlighters like Muse...so yeah.

I voted but, I have a feeling Green Day will win. They have a huge fanbase. It would be nice to see Muse win a music award in the states, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. The only radio stations that play them are the alternative radio stations. Even then they are rarely played and will only play their latest singles, unless you get a radio dj that loves Muse and will play them a little more during their time slot..even then that is RARE.

Green Day/Paramore/Kings of Leon/Daughtry all get played on several different types of radio stations..which reach a broader fanbase. Also not all of the twatlighters like Muse...so yeah.

Th Current in the Twin Cities, (granted it's a public radio station) played Uprising quite a bit for a while, lately they've been playing MK Ultra, and today they started with the New Moon remix of IBTY. I'm still pushing for Undisclosed Desires:)

• 1 month later...

i'm guessing that, as in the past, the winners of the award are usually the only ones that show up. yes...the people's choice awards are like that. and judging by the picture of what's her toes from paramore i'm guessing they have won this.

let's hope i'm wrong. i often am :LOL:

well..i don't care if i'm right actually. i think these awards are kinda lame. :p

Archived