From her Facebook...

Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix

Today at 03:41

I am totally obsessed with the new MUSE cd.

Everytime I listen to it I feel like I am riding this mad wave of euphoria.....and I am sort of overtaken with the overwhelming desire to sing along really REALLY loudly or burst into tears.

It's not really a rock record or even a progressive rock record or even a modern Opera but it seeps and sprawls all over me and I recognize my own human experience in it:

When I am at my most vulnerable and when I am at my most rageful

my most indignant

my most humane

my most cruel

and my most beautiful

and poetic

and romantic

DO you think if I met him, Mat Bellamy might love me back?

Yes, yes, yes! <3 :happy:

I freaked out when I read this because Shirley is one of my heroes. She's one of the women who inspired me to be a lead singer in a rock band. Anyway, I I knew she liked Muse because they're listed under her favorite music section and in the back of my mind, I wondered if she would write a FB note about it. She writes a lot of notes to keep communicating with her fans (really top notch I think as a performer) and so I had this sneaking suspicion she would love the new album and write about it. Glad I was correct. :D

As for "Mat" loving you back, Shirley, all I can suggest is that you wear your finest "cherry lips" and see what happens... as Matt has said, he's rather suggestible and easily led... He also loves aggressive female singers!

I was going to say "join the queue" which may well be the sort of queue that would occur if Wembley Stadium opened late! :LOL: (I thought she was talking about love not sex btw or maybe there's supposed to be a nudge nudge wink wink at the end :LOL:)

I think at least we can say that this album is capturing hearts and minds which is nice!:happy:

Nice comments about the album :D:D

I was going to say "join the queue" which may well be the sort of queue that would occur if Wembley Stadium opened late! :LOL: (I thought she was talking about love not sex btw or maybe there's supposed to be a nudge nudge wink wink at the end :LOL:)

I thought the same :LOL::LOL:

I freaked out when I read this because Shirley is one of my heroes. She's one of the women who inspired me to be a lead singer in a rock band. Anyway, I I knew she liked Muse because they're listed under her favorite music section and in the back of my mind, I wondered if she would write a FB note about it. She writes a lot of notes to keep communicating with her fans (really top notch I think as a performer) and so I had this sneaking suspicion she would love the new album and write about it. Glad I was correct. :D

It's not even the first time she wrote about Muse. Many (!) years ago she wrote Garbage studio diaries and mentioned in one of them that she wished she wrote Unintended. :awesome:

...btw your nickname is great :happy:

It's not even the first time she wrote about Muse. Many (!) years ago she wrote Garbage studio diaries and mentioned in one of them that she wished she wrote Unintended. :awesome:

...btw your nickname is great :happy:

Haven't gone back to read all of the diaries, but that's awesome she wrote about Unintended as well. I have to agree. I wish I wrote that song. It's so damn gorgeous! Then again, if either one of us had written it, we wouldn't have Matt's beautiful voice singing it!

And my nickname? Favorite Garbage song. ;)

Haven't gone back to read all of the diaries, but that's awesome she wrote about Unintended as well. I have to agree. I wish I wrote that song. It's so damn gorgeous! Then again, if either one of us had written it, we wouldn't have Matt's beautiful voice singing it!

And my nickname? Favorite Garbage song. ;)

It would be nice to hear her sing a cover of Unintended. :yesey:

Hehe it's one of my fav Garbage songs as well. SO beautiful!

Isn't it marvellous when someone else finds the words when you can't? Yah! for Ms Manson and her impeccable taste. My brother had a raging crush on her back in the '90s and went to see Garbage when they played at the other end of the country. I was wildly jealous. They had some crackin' tunes. And I always loved Shirley's style. I remember making a dress modelled after the one she wore in the 'Stupid Girl' video.

From her Facebook...

Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix

Today at 03:41

I am totally obsessed with the new MUSE cd.

Everytime I listen to it I feel like I am riding this mad wave of euphoria.....and I am sort of overtaken with the overwhelming desire to sing along really REALLY loudly or burst into tears.

It's not really a rock record or even a progressive rock record or even a modern Opera but it seeps and sprawls all over me and I recognize my own human experience in it:

When I am at my most vulnerable and when I am at my most rageful

my most indignant

my most humane

my most cruel

and my most beautiful

and poetic

and romantic

DO you think if I met him, Mat Bellamy might love me back?

Shirley rocks :D

• 11 months later...
OMGOSH!!!! :eek: I totally got to meet Shirley Manson after the show at Muse's second LA gig!!! :D

She is so sweet and pretty and she was nice enough not to get weirded out by my fangirliness! Oh and I hope this doesn't sound creepy but she smelled really pretty too! :LOL:

Nice! :happy: Did she enjoy the gig?

Archived