Muse peaked at Absolution?

Novus Dies

I think so, probably some of their best work, last 2 albums have gone other places but just didn't hit that mark at all imo. Here's to hoping they peak again anyway :awesome:

edit: F^"$^ing ghey....won't let me make poll.

:yesey:

Absolution is my favourite album. I love everything about it. :happy:

Here is a hideous, not-to-scale graph which illustrates how I feel about the difference in quality between Muse albums:

If the curve continues, we could see another OoS-level album next. Of course, it doesn't work like that in real life. :p

Showbiz should be higher.

Absolution is still my favorite Album, yeah. It's a (little) peak, but the other albums are awesome to, but not as awesome as Absolution.

i have to agree that the OoS and Absolution eras were the best

i wish i was into Muse at that time, but i was only about 8 or 9 and i didn't know they existed :LOL:

it just seems like such a good era because of all the live performances and the songs of the time

BH&R and TR are awesome but i prefer Abso and OoS

Whilst I don't think Muse have by any means peaked in terms of creativity, they'll never top Stockholm Syndrome at Glastonbury for absolute live perfection.

Every second of that nine-minute rendition is jaw-droppingly good. I know they did a similar outro at lots of other gigs at the same time but everything about it fell into place at Glastonbury, down to individual stabs of feedback, timing and lighting.

Here is a hideous, not-to-scale graph which illustrates how I feel about the difference in quality between Muse albums:

musegraph.jpg

If the curve continues, we could see another OoS-level album next. Of course, it doesn't work like that in real life. :p

That is both awesome and true! :LOL:

Well... apart from i'd put Showbiz on the same level and BH&R

Whilst I don't think Muse have by any means peaked in terms of creativity, they'll never top Stockholm Syndrome at Glastonbury for absolute live perfection.

Every second of that nine-minute rendition is jaw-droppingly good. I know they did a similar outro at lots of other gigs at the same time but everything about it fell into place at Glastonbury, down to individual stabs of feedback, timing and lighting.

It was better at Earls Court (2nd night). Matt was too hindered by that ridiculous cloak thing to actually destroy the equipment and rock out properly at Glastonbury. It made it just seem like a very staged reproduction imo.

musegraph.jpg

Showbiz should be higher.

Ditto regarding the graph, but also ditto Showbiz could be a wee bit higher.

I don't think you can say anything about where a peak is, since they haven't hung it up yet.

True. If they were actually able to top that, I think they could no longer be considered mortals.

I wouldn't say they 'peaked' personally. As that well planned out map stated above shows, I think that they're possibly on their way back up again. I personally didn't like BH&R that much asides from maybe a few songs, but I really did enjoy The Resistance, and from there I think they have nowhere to go but up, due to them experimenting with a few styles and possibly capitalizing on those opportunities.

Archived