based on this lineup i won't be going:

BIG DAY OUT 2010: Muse, Powderfinger, Lilly Allen, Eskimo Joe, Groove Armada, Grinspoon, The Mars Volta, Ladyhawke, Dizzee Rascal, Karnivool, Peaches, The Temper Trap, Kasabian, Midnight Juggernauts, Rise Against, Magic Dirt, Mastodon, Lisa Mitchell, The Horrors, Bluejuice, Calvin Harris, Kisschasy, The Decemberists, Tame Impala and Girl Talk

musre are not worth $132 + booking fee + flights + annoying richard for a weekend.

Same here, i'd go to a proper concert if they have one... Are they going to? I don't want to see them do 5 songs...

So what's the deal with these fictional characters of yours? Any chance of getting some details of your story? I love discussing fictions-in-progress. But if it's personal then that's okay :happy:
:LOL: Not much story to tell... if there was I'd brag about it, but like... there's just not :chuckle:

based on this lineup i won't be going:

BIG DAY OUT 2010: Muse, Powderfinger, Lilly Allen, Eskimo Joe, Groove Armada, Grinspoon, The Mars Volta, Ladyhawke, Dizzee Rascal, Karnivool, Peaches, The Temper Trap, Kasabian, Midnight Juggernauts, Rise Against, Magic Dirt, Mastodon, Lisa Mitchell, The Horrors, Bluejuice, Calvin Harris, Kisschasy, The Decemberists, Tame Impala and Girl Talk

musre are not worth $132 + booking fee + flights + annoying richard for a weekend.

Imma try go...

Wow... Another thread. Well done guys! lol

I was about to say the same Michelle, annoying Richard sounds like a pretty full on and amusing task.

I'm either getting hungry or have been staring at a computer screen for too long.. Eep.. Achiness..

Why is Julius von Haast in the tagged? Is it in reference to the von Haast building at UC? Or... Is that a completely different von Haast?

Muse and Lily, sweet. Nothing much else there though...almost wish Muse were earlier in the day so I could then commence the drinking procedure.

Or start the drinking early and it'll wear off before 9 pm.. Then start again afterwards :awesome:

Argh, earlier would be good though as the suspense is killer, but longer set should be worth it.

Why is Julius von Haast in the tagged? Is it in reference to the von Haast building at UC? Or... Is that a completely different von Haast?

Dude the Hasst Eagle was named after ;)

well i've seen them 7 times and the last 3 times were fairly disappointing so i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything! unless modest mouse was in the 2nd announcement i'm definitely out. seems like its all the same old bands playing this BDO.

besides i have campus a low hum the weekend after in bulls and don't technically have any leave from work until mid february.

well i've seen them 7 times and the last 3 times were fairly disappointing so i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything! unless modest mouse was in the 2nd announcement i'm definitely out. seems like its all the same old bands playing this BDO.

besides i have campus a low hum the weekend after in bulls and don't technically have any leave from work until mid february.

Fair enough! I've never seen them live so they are really the only draw card for me. Damn I hope Modest Mouse go!!!!

I'm really upset, I've been wanting The Decemberists to come to New Zealand for years, and now the rest of the lineup makes it not worth it to go :( The most disappointing thing is that it's all bands that have been before, many of them twice! It's like they decided to play it safe with bands that they know will pull people. I blame the recession.

The late news on TV1 at 10:30 has footage from Muse at the St James in 2004, recycled from that show Headliners the day after that gig.

Awesome to see it again, but you'd think they could have found something more recent.

TV3 had Glastonbury with the white jacket...was that 2006?

unless modest mouse was in the 2nd announcement i'm definitely out. seems like its all the same old bands playing this BDO.

Modest Mouse would be :awesome:

I'm really upset, I've been wanting The Decemberists to come to New Zealand for years, and now the rest of the lineup makes it not worth it to go :( The most disappointing thing is that it's all bands that have been before, many of them twice! It's like they decided to play it safe with bands that they know will pull people. I blame the recession.

Aww :( I hope there'll be something in the second announcement then for you to make it worth comnig up.

But yeah, I agree. It's weird all bands that have been before are coming at the same time. More of them need to try doing seperate shows here on their tours :rolleyes: But if like Muse, they just like doing the whole festival thing and having a summer holiday down south.

3 BDO threads :LOL:

Hmmm. This is difficult for me to plan for - I'm epically short-sighted/tunnel visioned when it comes to... January. It's 3 whole months away!

Yeha same all I know is that there are loads of people wanting time off round then and I HAVE to be one of them!

LOL I just noticed some of the tags, epic guys!

I'm beached!!! Moa for less = brilliant!!:)

Turns out I got 79 for an essay I thought was absolutely awful. I'm flabbergasted. I like that word.

That essay was worth 50% too, so that's nice.

Awesome! Congrats!

Yeha same all I know is that there are loads of people wanting time off round then and I HAVE to be one of them!

LOL I just noticed some of the tags, epic guys!

I'm beached!!! Moa for less = brilliant!!:)

Hope you get that time off!