I don't like the later stuff all that much, when he goes all avant-garde and all. I haven't really listened to them as much as I listened to Space Oddity through Ziggy though.
I'm inclined to agree, though I do love Diamond Dogs as well.

At least in 300 it's intentional, cause the guy who survived is telling the story to the other Spartans and embellishing what happened. Also, there's not much point saying "THAT'S NOT ACCURATE, THE PERSIANS DIDN'T REALLY HAVE BIG FREAKY MUTANTS!!"

Don't forget Troy though!

:LOL: We did watch bits of Troy as well haha.

And we didn't watch that bit of 300 anyway! :p

We watched it predominantly for battle formations etc. With Alexander it was specific battles/impt moments (and those really were epically mushed up on-screen), and with Troy, bits and pieces about the Temple of Apollo, Achilles and again, style of warfare.

Guh. Sunday night and I have sooo much work still to do... yet here I am, procrastinating :facepalm:

'tis what I tend to do always. I'm procrastinating about going to bed now. :LOL:
:LOL: aren't you on holidays?

I have a presentation tomorrow...should maybe start working on it some time.

It's nothing major though, I just have to summarise my essay. Copy and paste will be used extensively, methinks.

Luckyyyy. I have this essay to write 2m. Gonna head to uni at about 7am. Stay there for the next 10 hours.

Shit. Have fun with that.
Tonnes of fun.

My consolation is that I sometimes score a free hot breakfast at uni that early at the marae, at least.

Doesn't mean I don't have to sleep. I actually do, my neck is killing me. Hot Wheat Sack, here I come.
Fair enough haha. I have tortocullis (my-neck-vertebrae-are-wonky-itis) so I can understand that.

Hot wheat packs are <3

Tonnes of fun.

My consolation is that I sometimes score a free hot breakfast at uni that early at the marae, at least.

Fair enough haha. I have tortocullis (my-neck-vertebrae-are-wonky-itis) so I can understand that.

Hot wheat packs are <3

Wheat packs save lives man!!!

They are fab for my busted jaw AND kneee =) And basically anywhere else that should need it =)

Hello all and good night all, 4 hours of climbing has killed me!

xx

It certainly is. I tried to watch it once and couldn't make it all the way through. And I ALWAYS watch movies all the way through if I can. It was just so, so awful.

It's not that bad... kind of :LOL: The only thing that gets me through it is the Colin Farrell and Jared Leto guylove :chuckle: I can't help but chuckle at some of the lines they have. Plus I love to hate Jared Leto.

Hahhahahaha that would be quite a spectacle!

I have heard the Bowie rumour too, I think I'd like to see him just to see how he performs these days. Though nothing could beat him in Labrynth. Sigghhh.

Labyrinth Bowie <3

Omg if Bowie came I would be right up there at the front :eek: It would be so awesome! Bowie is a strange combination of fascinating, legendary, and older-man sexy. But I would think he would do his own show rather than just a small gig set.

Labrynth used to scare me so much when I was little!

Then when I was about 13 I thought it was awesome (I mean, it is, but I could quote it word for word when I was 13 :LOL: And Nightmare Before Xmas :happy:)

We used to watch parts of it in Classics last year so that we could point out everything that was wrong with it, historically speaking.

And 300

And Gladiator :chuckle:

I can still recite almost every line of both of those :phu::LOL:

And yes! We had to watch it too :happy: Good way to not have to do work for a few periods.

Had a shitty day today :( Got very upset about getting car registration done. I had to go over to Dad's and get money to do rego and change the ownership so it's under my name. I felt really bad asking his for all this money when he just got back from overseas. Mum was being a douche again by being all 'I won't pay anything if it's under your fathers name!' and 'He can pay the bill- demand that he pay it since its in his name' and 'He left all these debts behind that you have to know about!'. And now Dad has to pay more for worse insurance cover because it's under my name.

[spoiler=angry rant] My mum is so self-centred. All the time it's just 'me' this and 'I' that. And she always plays the martyr as well, going on about how her mother never listens to her and is mean to her (even though every time she calls my mum is like 'say I'm not home') and how she's always made to shut up (not true) and has been all oppressed and victimised (also not true). So whenever she goes on about my dad its always about how hard it is for her, and how much hardship she was left with, and how no-one ever listens to her feelings :rolleyes::mad: fucking hell. And then I'll be like 'actually I don't want to know about whatever issues you and dad have to work out' and she's like 'yes! you do need to know!'. No I fucking don't. Don't bring me into the middle of whatever. Stop asking me all these questions about where he lives now and shit because I don't want to be in the middle!

And I still don't have a job :( FUUUU-

God, that does sound like a very shitty day. :( Perfectly understandable that you'd be upset by that ordeal.

It's really unfair refusing to help you at all with the payment considering that you haven't got an income at the moment. And extremely unfair on your dad.

Edited by _Ed_

That's pretty sweet!
Tis. They gave me dinner tonight as well :happy:

:erm: Must suck sometimes.
It's okay as long as I keep my physio exercises up - and no one knows unless I tell them haha. The only external sign of it is that the tendons in my neck are very... like... defined? Sticky outy as.

Plus it's a good way to avoid stupid compliments/woefully inadequate attempts at seduction :yesey:

"You have such a sexy neck..."

"I have tortocullis, asshole."

Wheat packs save lives man!!!

They are fab for my busted jaw AND kneee =) And basically anywhere else that should need it =)

Hello all and good night all, 4 hours of climbing has killed me!

xx

:LOL: Goodnight, yes, they win, and hope you had fun :happy:

I can still recite almost every line of both of those :phu::LOL:
I think I can pretty much recite Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind word for word, but that's about it now lol.

Had a shitty day today :( Got very upset about getting car registration done. I had to go over to Dad's and get money to do rego and change the ownership so it's under my name. I felt really bad asking his for all this money when he just got back from overseas. Mum was being a douche again by being all 'I won't pay anything if it's under your fathers name!' and 'He can pay the bill- demand that he pay it since its in his name' and 'He left all these debts behind that you have to know about!'. And now Dad has to pay more for worse insurance cover because it's under my name.

[spoiler=angry rant] My mum is so self-centred. All the time it's just 'me' this and 'I' that. And she always plays the martyr as well, going on about how her mother never listens to her and is mean to her (even though every time she calls my mum is like 'say I'm not home') and how she's always made to shut up (not true) and has been all oppressed and victimised (also not true). So whenever she goes on about my dad its always about how hard it is for her, and how much hardship she was left with, and how no-one ever listens to her feelings :rolleyes::mad: fucking hell. And then I'll be like 'actually I don't want to know about whatever issues you and dad have to work out' and she's like 'yes! you do need to know!'. No I fucking don't. Don't bring me into the middle of whatever. Stop asking me all these questions about where he lives now and shit because I don't want to be in the middle!

And I still don't have a job :( FUUUU-That's so horrible :( I'm sorry. Your mum needs to respect your relationship with your dad heaps. Otoh she's possibly hurt by the differences in your separate (but equal) relationships with the both of them. It's such a mess to deal with though. You have my sympathies, really. And sorry for the 2nd hand psychoanalysis.

3 MOAR READINGS AND I CAN SLEEP :awesome:

So Bill English is paying the money back because he's had enough of it being an issue in the media. Not that it was wrong that he was getting the money in the first place.

what fucks me off is we're suppose to be grateful.

got my transfer letter today. going the 12th october to the new branch. having a date, and one only 2 weeks away is really upsetting. i'm really going to miss one of my managers and a couple of my workmates. :( don't think the over 60s are going to get my overly sarcastic humour or my strange noise making at my desk when i'm bored (where is bill and kristin who sit beside me now just know its a sign to chat to me!).

So Bill English is paying the money back because he's had enough of it being an issue in the media. Not that it was wrong that he was getting the money in the first place.
I'm glad I shunned him in a propaganda photo shoot when I was little.

what fucks me off is we're suppose to be grateful.

got my transfer letter today. going the 12th october to the new branch. having a date, and one only 2 weeks away is really upsetting. i'm really going to miss one of my managers and a couple of my workmates. :( don't think the over 60s are going to get my overly sarcastic humour or my strange noise making at my desk when i'm bored (where is bill and kristin who sit beside me now just know its a sign to chat to me!).

Awww :( I'm sorry.

Sick againnnn. I really should get those blood tests done. In the meantime I will watch extreme makeover and feel quite healthy by comparison.

they have this girl in mine to take my position at my current branch, from another insurer. she's basically been guaranteed the job. and what does she do? doesn't turn up to the interview today - doesn't even phone to say why! well done.

oh well, i'm just hoping for an awesome bonus in november so i can leave quicker.