I'm doing research at the moment for an essay about the moral implications of different forms of consent for cadaveric organ procurement. It's so much fun. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to be in desperate need for a drink in an hour or so, but it sounds like all my friends have the flu! I hope it's not THE SWINE.

That is true.

Are you home early again, sir?

I've been home all of yesterday and today due to work being slow. Clearly I'm making the most of it, yesterday I only left the house to go to the mailbox, and today I haven't even had a shower or got dressed yet :facepalm: I am going to do that now though, so I can walk down to the supermarket and buy cereal.

I think if you fancy someone it's perfectly acceptable to simply say "would you like to go for a drink sometime?" It doesn't have to be a big deal and there's nothing there that overtly says 'I want to get freaky with you'.

Really, the worst that can happen is a crushing rejection :awesome:

Hahha crushing rejection! EEK! I think if I didn't have to work with him I would, but aside from the occasional flirty comment he's made I don't think he is interested.

Oh and his dad is an anaesthetist I work with, who is a big flirt (not creepy though) and therefore also kind of one of my bosses.

:( No! Of course, I'm in no position to criticise you for that since I'd be the same (I am a horrendous hypocrite), but I don't think you should give up. :noey: I know it's really hard to get up the courage, but I think you have lots of reasons to be confident. He would be a very silly guy to say no, in my opinion.

It doesn't sound like you have much to lose. If you just ask him out for a drink, I don't think it'll affect your occasional casual talking too much even if he says no.

It is hard! And I pretty much never make the first move, but then again I only seem to get asked out by weird stalker types that I'm not interested in! :D

And thanks :awesome:

I'm doing research at the moment for an essay about the moral implications of different forms of consent for cadaveric organ procurement. It's so much fun. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to be in desperate need for a drink in an hour or so, but it sounds like all my friends have the flu! I hope it's not THE SWINE.

SUCK! Tell them to harden up and go for a drink!

That actually does sound really interesting. We occasionally do retreivals at work.

I've been home all of yesterday and today due to work being slow. Clearly I'm making the most of it, yesterday I only left the house to go to the mailbox, and today I haven't even had a shower or got dressed yet :facepalm: I am going to do that now though, so I can walk down to the supermarket and buy cereal.

Same! About the pj's thing! I didn't go to work today cause I had a huuuuge headache thorugh the night, and only just had a shower now. Lazy bitch :)

Wish I'd stayed home in my PJs now actually! It's cold and raining, so it wasn't the most pleasant walk. Actually the way there was fine, but on the way back it had gotten a bit windy so my umbrella was a bit unwieldy and I had to juggle my shopping too. On the plus side I am now enjoying the pixie caramel that I bought.

Wish I'd stayed home in my PJs now actually! It's cold and raining, so it wasn't the most pleasant walk. Actually the way there was fine, but on the way back it had gotten a bit windy so my umbrella was a bit unwieldy and I had to juggle my shopping too. On the plus side I am now enjoying the pixie caramel that I bought.

Yeah I ventured outside to get the mail in my slippers, and ran both ways! It's COLD!!

I just had a whittakers dark choc bar :) Go the comfort food on a shit day!

I didn't go to work today cause I had a huuuuge headache thorugh the night

Sounds nasty. Feeling better now?

On the plus side I am now enjoying the pixie caramel that I bought.

:awesome:

I should have bought myself something like that on my way home. No night in is complete without some chocolatey delight.

Sounds nasty. Feeling better now?

:awesome:

I should have bought myself something like that on my way home. No night in is complete without some chocolatey delight.

Mostly, the cold is screwing my dodgy jaw, and also I ate some cashew nuts yesterday :awesome: so totally self inflicted! And is now just a face and jaw ache!

Everyone needs chocolatey goodness!

How long does it take you to subtitle one episode of something? Ages? I imagine it would take ages. And do you just typre it straight in or what? (nosey bitch;) )

What's everyone up to tonight? I've got two of my favourite people in the world coming over to play rockband 2 :dance:

How long does it take you to subtitle one episode of something? Ages? I imagine it would take ages. And do you just typre it straight in or what? (nosey bitch;) )

A 30-minute show takes me about 2-3 hours. A 60-minute show usually takes about 5, but the one I was doing last night is going to end up taking longer than that.

I can usually do two or three lines before I have to stop and rewind to catch up, but with this one I was having to rewind every line to try to make out what they were saying. You'd think people in England would be able to properly speak English...but no.

What's everyone up to tonight? I've got two of my favourite people in the world coming over to play rockband 2 :dance:

Sounds awesome! It's looking like a quiet night at home for me, but I'll stay hopeful of rustling something up a bit later on.

Mostly, the cold is screwing my dodgy jaw, and also I ate some cashew nuts yesterday :awesome: so totally self inflicted! And is now just a face and jaw ache!

I want some nuts (or even just some monkey nuts). I've only got sweet stuff, nothing savoury to snack on which is getting annoying. And I can't be bothered going out in this weather to the dairy just to spend my 2 bucks on a tiny bag of chips or whatever :rolleyes:

No plans for me tonight, no money to do anything, friends will be studying and I should be as well, but I'll probably end up watching tv or a movie on my computer.

Ooh, I felt the 4.3 earthquake 10 km south-east of Castlepoint at about 5.08 pm :awesome:

Well not that exciting really, just thought I'd look it up since there wasn't really enough noise for it to be a loud car/truck passing by :LOL:

Wow, that is quite exciting. Coming from Auckland, you wouldn't have felt many earthquakes. I know I haven't.

Wow, that is quite exciting. Coming from Auckland, you wouldn't have felt many earthquakes. I know I haven't.

Yeah, haha. I've only ever felt them here. I think this was the longest I've felt, rumbling for a bit. But the one in my first year here was the best, it was a pwoper jolt which made you jump :LOL:

A 30-minute show takes me about 2-3 hours. A 60-minute show usually takes about 5, but the one I was doing last night is going to end up taking longer than that.

I can usually do two or three lines before I have to stop and rewind to catch up, but with this one I was having to rewind every line to try to make out what they were saying. You'd think people in England would be able to properly speak English...but no.

Sounds awesome! It's looking like a quiet night at home for me, but I'll stay hopeful of rustling something up a bit later on.

Oh my god! That IS ages! Hard work, I would go cross eyes having to do that I think!

Ooh, I felt the 4.3 earthquake 10 km south-east of Castlepoint at about 5.08 pm :awesome:

Well not that exciting really, just thought I'd look it up since there wasn't really enough noise for it to be a loud car/truck passing by :LOL:

Woh, that is exciting! I've never felt one! I'm the only one in my family who hasn't.

I want some nuts (or even just some monkey nuts). I've only got sweet stuff, nothing savoury to snack on which is getting annoying. And I can't be bothered going out in this weather to the dairy just to spend my 2 bucks on a tiny bag of chips or whatever :rolleyes:

No plans for me tonight, no money to do anything, friends will be studying and I should be as well, but I'll probably end up watching tv or a movie on my computer.

Heh, or goober peas?

It's def not a night to be going ot anywhere anyway, weather is pooh.

I bought the first season of Pushing Daisies on DVD today. :happy: I thought $27 was really good value for a 3-disc set.

A marathon might be on the cards.

I never saw that show!! But the ads always looked so good!! always missed it!

:awesome: we had thai.

yeah i came home in tears so not having to cook dinner was nice.

Awww, hugs for you!

Hope you had a great dinner !:)

details for Kitty!

]I met him through a friend at a party, thought he was cute nad such, but his friend told me he batted for the other side, so I didn't persue anything, obviously.

Met him again at the same friend's house warming a few months later, thought he was still cute and was confused when he sort of flirted with me..... put my foot in it with him and he told me he is actually straight (apparently this group of friends think it's funny to tell people random untrue things about people in their group)

Another girl there was throwing herself at him so I just let it go.

Saw him a couple of times in a group at quiz night, got along well with him etc.

He did the facebook add thing and asked me to hang out with him, about three times as with my work and his work it just never worked out, so last night was finally a night we were both able to do.

It was fun, no awkwardness until the whole dropping me home thing where I just leapt from the car almost before it had even stopped, ahahah;)

Hmmm, he was easy to talk to, and seems nice! And he's just text and said hed like to hang out again.

Aw he sounds cute :happy: Seems like you got along well together. Haha yeah I know what you mean about the leaping into the car thing. With my ex-boyfriend, one time we were at party at his place and when it came time for me to go home, I went to kiss him on the cheek, and he thought I was going for the lips, and it was uber awkward :facepalm::LOL:

I've given up on work guy, I'm just adoring from afar, he's younger than me, and I just don't feel confident enough to ask him anywhere, so I will just leave it :(

The work guy is my 'losing all grip on any kind of language' drug and also 'go red in the face and think rude thoughts' drug. I think he thinks I am below average in the mental capacity and also nuts :awesome::supersad:

He sounds cute too :chuckle: Is he the dreamy doctor type? :LOL:

I think if you fancy someone it's perfectly acceptable to simply say "would you like to go for a drink sometime?" It doesn't have to be a big deal and there's nothing there that overtly says 'I want to get freaky with you'.

Really, the worst that can happen is a crushing rejection :awesome:

:LOL: well when you put it like that...

I got my BDO ticket today :awesome: I hope my friend who said she would come gets hers soon because I don't want them to sell out before she has one.