Just posted on Facebook - "still working on my assignment due 9 hours ago..." Oh dear. :( I've been there many times, and I sure wouldn't want someone who's not very subtly attracted to me trying to strike up a conversation in that situation.

Just posted on Facebook - "still working on my assignment due 9 hours ago..." Oh dear. :( I've been there many times, and I sure wouldn't want someone who's not very subtly attracted to me trying to strike up a conversation in that situation.

Hmm, that sucks. Although this means that 9 hours from now you can ask her how it went and/or for celebration drinks :awesome:

Hmm, that sucks. Although this means that 9 hours from now you can ask her how it went and/or for celebration drinks :awesome:

I'll see. I'm meeting my sister for our weekly lunch and don't really want to leave her hanging.

Wow, that sounds pretty torturous. :( Did that just die out on its own, or was there awkwardness?

Um well it was like I liked him really obviously for about 5 years, and he sort of gave me mixed signals eternally, and then after high school we didn't really talk much but were still contacts on msn and facebook etc. And then this year I saw him at a dinner with friends and he chatted to me on msn pretty much every day, and now recently he's stopped talking to me so much again, but is still friendly. I'm willing myself not to go there again basically :LOL:

Nah, I wouldn't say it's a weakness. People can have that sort of effect on people for no real reason. I had a steely resolve to just be happily single and not pay any attention to the opposite sex at all. It lasted for about two years (and I was pretty happy, really) without ever being threatened...until the first postgrad Politics class. :LOL:

I think you've done incredibly well to have known him this long and have not done anything to completely destroy your friendship with him. I could never do that.

The last crush I had, back in 2006...we're no longer on speaking terms. :erm:

I'd like to think I have matured a lot since then, but still.

Nah, I wouldn't say it's a weakness. People can have that sort of effect on people for no real reason. I had a steely resolve to just be happily single and not pay any attention to the opposite sex at all. It lasted for about two years (and I was pretty happy, really) without ever being threatened...until the first postgrad Politics class. :LOL:

I think you've done incredibly well to have known him this long and have not done anything to completely destroy your friendship with him. I could never do that.

The last crush I had, back in 2006...we're no longer on speaking terms. :erm:

I'd like to think I have matured a lot since then, but still.

Yeah I think it's mostly on his part. I've had enough :facepalm: moments around him that if I were him I'd have run far away long ago :LOL:

I mean we're not like besties but we're on speaking terms and have some friendly banter so that's okay. I just hate the way that I fall right back into the trap of being attracted to him any time he shows me the slightest bit of attention :LOL:

I think that's perfectly normal though, especially if you have such a long history of hoping something might happen.

But if you're trying to avoid it all repeating and you're not particularly close friends, maybe it would be less sucky for you long-term if you broke the cycle and spoke to him less and less? I don't know for sure if that's the right thing to do though.

Just spent two hours wandering aimlessly around the Commons and OGGB looking for a computer. No fun. But then, just as I was giving up, I bumped into a friend from one of my classes who happened to be on her way to the postgrad lab. :happy: That was a stroke of luck.

Close Up was funny last night. Paul Holmes was on as a guest in a debate about pseudoephedrine, and he was speaking over the top of the other guy and Mark Sainsbury, trying to dominate the whole thing. You could so see that he was all like "this used to be MY show!"

=darkshineskitty;6559038]Oh come on, was he cute? Was it awkward? I need juicy deets! :LOL:

No I haven't, although we are writing screenplays atm in my creative writing class and I know exactly what I want to write about :happy: Nothing as mindbending as Kaufman though. Although I was originally inspired by Richard Kelly, who wrote Donnie Darko and Southland Tales. What can I say? I like films that are a mindfuck :LOL:

:LOL:

Haha you want details? You can have details, if someone can explain to me hoe to spoiler it so everyone doesn't have to read it if they don't want. I looked in t he faq and followed instructions but it's not working when I preview the text.

Just ask some girl on the street. "Oh hey, excuse me. If I said your ass was like an apple, would that be a compliment? Please fill out this survey on why/why not" :LOL:

Or better yet, leave it as a comment on that girl's facebook page :LOL:

Man I don't think I would appreciate my ass being called an apple!! Maybe a peach, hmmm or maybe not!! Hah.

don't want to go to bed. don't want to have my last day tomorrow. i wonder if they give me time to clear my desk or just expect me to do it after work?

got so much crap to take home and then walk into the new branch on monday since i can't drive to that one. lame.

Aw I hope you have a good day !

just shouldn't go..who will sort out my desk then?

i've always liked the idea of just abandoning a job. just leave everything a mess on my desk, as it normally is, and say "i'm going to lunch..." and never come back.

I have actually done that, only it wasn't a desk job so it wasn't quite that exciting. After I left school I got a job at Max, as a 2IC, and the manager was a real bitch. She would make us stay after work to make sure all the hangers were perfectly spaced a cm from each other, and it took over an hour to do the whole store, on our own time without pay. She wsas real nasty and by the third day I had had enough, so I went to lunch and never came back!! I was so defeated by her.

It was great, and I found out from the place who had got the job that the girl before me had walked out halfway through her first day!!!!!!

Hard to say, really. I started a couple of Facebook chats with her in the last two weeks, and in one of them she took like half an hour to reply and then went offline, and in the other she didn't reply at all. :erm: Just busy, I guess.

I've been trying to talk a bit more in class, but she often comes in a bit late just after the class starts, so it's not easy then. And she left half way through this week. Only 2 weeks left...opportunity passing by, I think.

It's SO hard to go that first step! You never know if you should comment on their stuff or not and whether they just added you because they felt they had to. The guy I like at work is like that, we talk casually but that's it and I don't think he has any idea I've got a thing for him! Herumph.

Um well it was like I liked him really obviously for about 5 years, and he sort of gave me mixed signals eternally, and then after high school we didn't really talk much but were still contacts on msn and facebook etc. And then this year I saw him at a dinner with friends and he chatted to me on msn pretty much every day, and now recently he's stopped talking to me so much again, but is still friendly. I'm willing myself not to go there again basically :LOL:

Sounds very wise not to get involved! I've been there and it's all heartbreak!

Hahahha, it's crazy when you feel like that, people can be like a drug.

details for Kitty!

]I met him through a friend at a party, thought he was cute nad such, but his friend told me he batted for the other side, so I didn't persue anything, obviously.

Met him again at the same friend's house warming a few months later, thought he was still cute and was confused when he sort of flirted with me..... put my foot in it with him and he told me he is actually straight (apparently this group of friends think it's funny to tell people random untrue things about people in their group)

Another girl there was throwing herself at him so I just let it go.

Saw him a couple of times in a group at quiz night, got along well with him etc.

He did the facebook add thing and asked me to hang out with him, about three times as with my work and his work it just never worked out, so last night was finally a night we were both able to do.

It was fun, no awkwardness until the whole dropping me home thing where I just leapt from the car almost before it had even stopped, ahahah;)

Hmmm, he was easy to talk to, and seems nice! And he's just text and said hed like to hang out again.

Haha you want details? You can have details, if someone can explain to me hoe to spoiler it so everyone doesn't have to read it if they don't want. I looked in t he faq and followed instructions but it's not working when I preview the text.

[ spoiler ] all the juicy details [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces). You don't need to do that though - I'm sure most of us will want to see.

It's SO hard to go that first step! You never know if you should comment on their stuff or not and whether they just added you because they felt they had to. The guy I like at work is like that, we talk casually but that's it and I don't think he has any idea I've got a thing for him! Herumph.

Yeah, it's really not fun. Sorry to hear about the guy at work. :( I hope you can make some progress soon.

Hahahha, it's crazy when you feel like that, people can be like a drug.

Indeed. A 'completely losing your grasp of the English language when within a certain radius' drug. :facepalm:

[ spoiler ] all the juicy details [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces). You don't need to do that though - I'm sure most of us will want to see.

Yeah, it's really not fun. Sorry to hear about the guy at work. :( I hope you can make some progress soon.

Indeed. A 'completely losing your grasp of the English language when within a certain radius' drug. :facepalm:

hahha thanks, I got it, not sure why it didn't work the first time.... must be a blonde underneath! I wanted to give you the option hah!

I've given up on work guy, I'm just adoring from afar, he's younger than me, and I just don't feel confident enough to ask him anywhere, so I will just leave it :(

The work guy is my 'losing all grip on any kind of language' drug and also 'go red in the face and think rude thoughts' drug. I think he thinks I am below average in the mental capacity and also nuts :awesome::supersad:

I think if you fancy someone it's perfectly acceptable to simply say "would you like to go for a drink sometime?" It doesn't have to be a big deal and there's nothing there that overtly says 'I want to get freaky with you'.

Really, the worst that can happen is a crushing rejection :awesome:

I've given up on work guy, I'm just adoring from afar, he's younger than me, and I just don't feel confident enough to ask him anywhere, so I will just leave it :(

:( No! Of course, I'm in no position to criticise you for that since I'd be the same (I am a horrendous hypocrite), but I don't think you should give up. :noey: I know it's really hard to get up the courage, but I think you have lots of reasons to be confident. He would be a very silly guy to say no, in my opinion.

It doesn't sound like you have much to lose. If you just ask him out for a drink, I don't think it'll affect your occasional casual talking too much even if he says no.

Edited by _Ed_

I think if you fancy someone it's perfectly acceptable to simply say "would you like to go for a drink sometime?" It doesn't have to be a big deal and there's nothing there that overtly says 'I want to get freaky with you'.

Really, the worst that can happen is a crushing rejection :awesome:

That is true.

Are you home early again, sir?