I will indeed be there. Not hugely impressed with the rest of the lineup so far, but Muse is Muse.

It will be my sixth BDO, and only the second time I've watched the headliner (unless you count Metallica, who I was unimpressed by and left half way through).

I'm going, will be my second and the last was about 2001 or so?

So how's everyone's day going?

The really annoying guy in my class chose a bad day to be above averagely annoying. I was tired and a bit irritable, so he was really pissing me off. But then when he interrupted the presentation to say "maybe I can help you define that", the presenter said "you might make it worse." :LOL:

Tee hee, I love when lecturers chop smarmy people at the knees.

Feeling a bit crap today, the dull headache and nausea kind of thing. Might go out and get some fresh air as I'll probably fall asleep if I try reading articles now.

Maybe it's sugar-withdrawl after all the banana cake and choc icing I had yesterday :rolleyes:

Haha, nice one! :LOL:

Hahahhahahaha banana cake for the win! I love banana cake! I had the most delicious cake at work today (well not the whole cake just a slice, honestly)

It was lemon and poppy seed, random and I don't usually like poppy seeds but this was fantastic!!!

GUTTED. just missed $1 flights to wellington. too bad i don't have my credit card details preloaded.

LAME! I always miss out on these, I need to go and see my best mate and Godson in Welly and I always miss the cheap deals.

Someone held an automatic door open for me today. I said thank you. But the question is - should I have? Was the thank you earned?

Perhaps he didn't know it was automatic. Or maybe it's just a nice gesture. But what if he knew full well that it was automatic, and was just trying to show off to the girl he was with what a nice, obliging guy he is?

Hmmmmmm, I would automatically say thank you, and then feel stupid. I'm one of those people who says sorry after someone else barges into me......

i want some m&ms now.

OMG have you had the orange flavoured m&m's ? They are nice, but a bit lacking on their own I felt. That's the only flavour in the pack.

:LOL: never thought of that

That's what I thought you meant as well and I was like ':stunned: wouldn't that hurt your teeth?' :LOL:

GUISE, should I go to my classes tomorrow? I have a double lecture, and then a 4 hour gap, and then a tut and another lecture. I'm at the last stages of my cold I think, but do I want to walk around all day in the cold, with a dry nose, and have to get up early?

my favourite m&m is the brown ones. so glad i've got an appointment at lunch tomorrow or i bet i'll be going to pak n save to buy a packet. and i know i wouldn't buy just a little one, have to get a big bag. :noey:

As that on an aesthetic basis, or do they actually taste different?

GUISE, should I go to my classes tomorrow? I have a double lecture, and then a 4 hour gap, and then a tut and another lecture. I'm at the last stages of my cold I think, but do I want to walk around all day in the cold, with a dry nose, and have to get up early?

I say no to the early morning one, unless there's likely to be some crucial exam-related info given out or something.

Maybe go in for the tut and the other lecture though, you might be feeling better after a nice little sleep in.

As that on an aesthetic basis, or do they actually taste different?

i think they taste different. but i imagine if someone fed them to me blindfolded i couldn't tell the difference. i'm just thinking about skittles now, the big bags of thoses and you eat half a bag and your tongue and mouth goes all raspy from all the sugar.

I say no to the early morning one, unless there's likely to be some crucial exam-related info given out or something.

Maybe go in for the tut and the other lecture though, you might be feeling better after a nice little sleep in.

That's trueeee. I feel like such a lazy ass this semester because I have Thursdays off, and I haven't been to uni since Monday.

my favourite m&m is the brown ones. so glad i've got an appointment at lunch tomorrow or i bet i'll be going to pak n save to buy a packet. and i know i wouldn't buy just a little one, have to get a big bag. :noey:

Me too! I love the brown ones! I'm not sure why, they are the best.

i think they taste different. but i imagine if someone fed them to me blindfolded i couldn't tell the difference. i'm just thinking about skittles now, the big bags of thoses and you eat half a bag and your tongue and mouth goes all raspy from all the sugar.

Ooooh skittles, yeah they maim my mouth but I love them. The green ones are my favourite.

Oh remember those krispa salt and vinegar chips in the highlighter green packets? THEY were like taking sandpaper to your mouth, I remember my tongue bleeding from them, but how I loved them.

Kitty, I would be bad and not go, but maybe what Rich said is a nice compromise?

Me too! I love the brown ones! I'm not sure why, they are the best.

Ooooh skittles, yeah they maim my mouth but I love them. The green ones are my favourite.

Oh remember those krispa salt and vinegar chips in the highlighter green packets? THEY were like taking sandpaper to your mouth, I remember my tongue bleeding from them, but how I loved them.

Kitty, I would be bad and not go, but maybe what Rich said is a nice compromise?

i like the lime green ones. not the apple green ones. i hate the purple ones in the uk. i forget the flavour differences though.

well if we share a packet of NZ skittles, you can have all the green ones!

in england, i'd give my sister all the purple ones. she has a photo somewhere of this huge pile of them after i went through a period of just eating skittles constantly.

That's a bit disappointing actually. I was proud of Muse when I heard they'd done that.

I had a listen to some of the audio of the Glenn Beck show (scroll down to the media player here: http://www.nme.com/news/muse/47672 ) and I could hardly stand to listen to it. He's all 'they're libertarians' and the other guy is like 'is that confirmed?' and he's like 'uh... yeah... I think so... according to my daughter.' Good research mate. Glenn Beck annoys the fuck out of me. And anyway, isn't he a hardcore conservative? Shouldn't he be anti-libertarian?

It was funny on the Daily Show last week, they were talking about the Chicago Olympic bid. They had a clip of Glenn Beck saying "Vancouver lost more than $1 billion when they hosted the Olympics".

Uh, Glenn...the Vancouver Olympics start next February.

It was funny on the Daily Show last week, they were talking about the Chicago Olympic bid. They had a clip of Glenn Beck saying "Vancouver lost more than $1 billion when they hosted the Olympics".

Uh, Glenn...the Vancouver Olympics start next February.

I think I might have seen that one. Was that the same one as when they had the 'Moment of Zen' which was like quick clips of all the people being like 'the olympics cost so much', 'they ruin cities anyway', 'we as americans can't really afford it' and then one chick was like 'have you been to Rio? I have. It's AWESOME' :LOL: