well i managed to overcome my strong desire to sit on the couch and eat chocolate and went to the gym for 50 minutes. now i might make some fudge.

50 minutes is a pretty good effort! Especially since it required movement from the couch. Congrats.

Ooh fudge. :awesome:

50 minutes is a pretty good effort! Especially since it required movement from the couch. Congrats.

it is good isnt it and also i have a craving for chocolate but that wont be until tonight before going to bed at a decent time of night for once lol

yeah i was watching the t20 match, i couldn't decide what team i was supporting. was happy when there was a wicket, was happy when there was a boundary. kind of a good way to watch cricket. normally i'd only do 20-30min of cardio a session. kinda disappointed i missed the last 8 overs as it was right up to the last ball.

Still better than me! I usually do 15 mins of cardio and 15 mins of weights. And I've only been once in the last 6 months. I just get so bored of it.

Eww, I think someone at work took their shoes off and perhaps shouldn't have.

Yeah, definitely. Although the fact that I was really quite squashed might have also contributed to their set seeming to go on endlessly. Did they really only play for an hour?

:LOL:

I shouted out daft stating-the-obvious things like "KEYTAR!".

An hour and 10 minutes.

I cheered during the United States of Eurasia intro and it cut through the silence :LOL: People around me were like 'wtf?'

My ears are shocking, I've been to too many gigs without ear plugs, and the loud stuff at work isn't making them any better. Most of my collegues are pretty deaf.

That's like that tutor I had last year, who had constant ringing in his ears from loud music. That's how we found out he used to be in a metal band :LOL:

Also :awesome: I can hear Oren on the radio

Still better than me! I usually do 15 mins of cardio and 15 mins of weights. And I've only been once in the last 6 months. I just get so bored of it.

I would never even consider going to the gym personally. There are other less expensive, let alone more interesting forms of exercise such as walking/jogging/cycling and as I have recently discovered moshing like an idiot to music in the comfort of your own home which clearly helped me for the BDO as I was going nuts and hardly even tired towards the end of Knights Of Cydonia :LOL:

But then I'm the kind of person who gets bored of repetition, I like to mix things up a bit, going to the gym would just seem like a chore to me. Each to their own though and good on people who do put in the effort.

oh i think the same thing tom, i go to the council gyms which are significantly cheaper than any other gym. you get short memberships and can freeze them if you want. i wouldn't bike on a christchurch street with what i see in my job so the cycles at the gym are quite good. i started going to classes but then i changed branches at work and it makes it a bit more awkward to go, so i just go to the gym when i get a free half hour.

got a multi membership at the moment which means pool, class and gym access at all the council gyms so if i get bored i can try something/where else.

I have recently discovered moshing like an idiot to music in the comfort of your own home which clearly helped me for the BDO as I was going nuts and hardly even tired towards the end of Knights Of Cydonia :LOL:

:yesey:

Absolutely. It's way more fun than anything at the gym too (although I do enjoy belting a squash ball around when a court's free).

I didn't get tired in KOC either. Kept jumping all the way through to "come ride with me...". I was quite proud of that effort. All the practice paid off.

*devours*

I would never even consider going to the gym personally. There are other less expensive, let alone more interesting forms of exercise such as walking/jogging/cycling and as I have recently discovered moshing like an idiot to music in the comfort of your own home which clearly helped me for the BDO as I was going nuts and hardly even tired towards the end of Knights Of Cydonia :LOL:

But then I'm the kind of person who gets bored of repetition, I like to mix things up a bit, going to the gym would just seem like a chore to me. Each to their own though and good on people who do put in the effort.

I need to get in shape :LOL: I did pretty well during Muse, managed to mosh in all the right places :LOL: Could definitely benefit from some practice though

I Just woke up, passed out at around 7:30pm, that is very rare for me, but then I gave it everything on Friday night :LOL: and for some reason woke up at 8am on Saturday when I was planning to sleep all morning :stunned:

I woke up early on Saturday too and I couldn't even get back to sleep. So ended up on here and singing to music all day :LOL:

Muse performance at BDO was awesome! :happy: They really delivered- the lasers were incredible and the smoke at the end was just going on and on! I really liked the way they used the screens in the background too. Some of the visuals on them were really cool. Like the Eurasia map and stuff :happy: And I had no idea Chris could play the harmonica like that!

I saw a bit of Jet, whoever it was that asked. They were pretty good, didn't know much of their songs other than the main singles really though so I can't really comment on them. Kasabian sounded really good too. And a surprise act for me were Karnivool. Was inside the D barrier for them and I hadn't heard them before, but they had quite a good sound!

Did anyone else think The Mars Volta were a bit lacking? I felt like their songs blended into each other too much, and they went out on a really slow note, rather than a powerful end, which was a bit strange.

Wow Michelle, did you get the setlist? That's awesome :eek:

Chris was awesome on the harmonica :happy:

And I agree with the others, The Mars Volta just kept on going and all sounded so similar and as you seid, blended together. I had listened to some on myspace but didn't really recognise anything.

And yes, I got that setlist :happy: It was just given to me as walking through the D :LOL:

I need to get in shape :LOL: I did pretty well during Muse, managed to mosh in all the right places :LOL: Could definitely benefit from some practice though

Me too! My arms were geting so tired I had to alternate them :LOL: I need to start lifting weights again.

And yes, I got that setlist :happy: It was just given to me as walking through the D :LOL:

Me too! My arms were geting so tired I had to alternate them :LOL: I need to start lifting weights again.

Wow that's so cool! Just by some stranger? :LOL:

:awesome: thanks for listening bro!

You're welcome! You played some quite good music- very relaxing Sunday afternoon stuff :happy:

Now I'm listening to a whole lot of Muse on my computer :happy: I've been inspired to listen to them again.

I'm pretty sure it was one of the security guards.

I'm listening to Blackout at the moment :happy:

Speaking of Tom, did anyone else see Tom Kirk walking about the set?

Oh how lovely :happy:

Eee, Blackout :D It was amazing when they did that at Wembley with the people attached to balloons.

Haha nope, I was wondering if the Kirk would be there!

Tom, just wanted to thank you again for your awesome pictures. I've got one as my desktop wallpaper at work now - the one with the CO2 at the end of Knights. It looks amazing. :happy:

No Problem, I can provide you with the originals at full resolution if you want, just let me know and I will upload whatever you want. I just slapped together a signature with that very pic :LOL: I must say I am pleased how that one came out capturing Matt holding his guitar in the CO2.

Speaking of Tom, did anyone else see Tom Kirk walking about the set?

I saw him walk out not long before Muse came out.

Oh how lovely :happy:

Eee, Blackout :D It was amazing when they did that at Wembley with the people attached to balloons.

Haha nope, I was wondering if the Kirk would be there!

that was definitely awesome at wembley. since we went the first night the balloon people were a huge surprise.