damn last night was sexy.

had an awesome time, got to see muse from a new perspective which was cool, got all the way up in the stands.

I have some really awesome video coming, hopefully have one up by tomorrow night, only got a film half due to my battery deciding to kill its self :(

Muse performance at BDO was awesome! :happy: They really delivered- the lasers were incredible and the smoke at the end was just going on and on! I really liked the way they used the screens in the background too. Some of the visuals on them were really cool. Like the Eurasia map and stuff :happy: And I had no idea Chris could play the harmonica like that!

I saw a bit of Jet, whoever it was that asked. They were pretty good, didn't know much of their songs other than the main singles really though so I can't really comment on them. Kasabian sounded really good too. And a surprise act for me were Karnivool. Was inside the D barrier for them and I hadn't heard them before, but they had quite a good sound!

Did anyone else think The Mars Volta were a bit lacking? I felt like their songs blended into each other too much, and they went out on a really slow note, rather than a powerful end, which was a bit strange.

I cheered myself silly during Muse :LOL: Even started a 'Muse!' chant before the encore :happy:

500 days of summer

I loooove the cheese

Yus! I keep telling people about how awesome this movie is :happy:

Veils setlist as I remember it, for those who like them:

Not Yet

The Letter

Calliope!

Pan

Jesus for the Jugular

The House She Lived In (one of my highlights of the day)

Advice For Young Mothers To Be

Three Sisters

Larkspur

I think they were amazed by the crowd that went to see them. When Finn walked on stage he said "fuck me. Hello!" Sophia (actually saw her face, unlike last time I saw them) kept blowing kisses into the crowd.

I heard them play Advice For Young Mothers To Be. And the other few songs after, but I didn't recognise any of them. They were really good though. I loved when Finn Andrews was like 'Veils fail' when the equipment went weird :LOL: He seems like a really nice guy.

Here's the one decent picture I got and setlist if ya didn't see it in the BDO thread.

IMAG0011.jpg?t=1263600294

IMG_1218.jpg

My recording of Man with a Harmonica came out alright. Don't know if it's really worth putting up my seperate video bits of KoC, not much to see apart from lights.

Wow Michelle, did you get the setlist? That's awesome :eek:

I have some really awesome video coming, hopefully have one up by tomorrow night, only got a film half due to my battery deciding to kill its self :(

You didn't happen to be in the crowd outside of the d barrier, with glasses on, were you?

Great pics Tom! The quality is so clear :eek: Most of mine came out blurry but I got some pretty good video which I might put up later. Probably won't compare to everyone elses because I was a bit farther back. But I was pleased, especially for capturing the lasers during New Born on film.

Did anyone else think The Mars Volta were a bit lacking? I felt like their songs blended into each other too much, and they went out on a really slow note, rather than a powerful end, which was a bit strange.

I tried to listen to some of their stuff before hand as I have heard good things about them, I just couldn't get into it though. I thought they were quite good to begin with live, lots of energy but their mix was horrible, as was the case for a lot of bands. By the end it was just getting a bit tiresome though, and that slow ending not only being a bit strange went into Muse's time slot :rolleyes:

You have to give it to the Muse audio techs, they always get the sound spot on, no matter where they are playing.

I tried to listen to some of their stuff before hand as I have heard good things about them, I just couldn't get into it though. I thought they were quite good to begin with live, lots of energy but their mix was horrible, as was the case for a lot of bands. By the end it was just getting a bit tiresome though, and that slow ending not only being a bit strange went into Muse's time slot :rolleyes:

You have to give it to the Muse audio techs, they always get the sound spot on, no matter where they are playing.

They are good, and I like quite a lot of their songs. But they felt very average on the night. They are the sort of band where they have songs you either like, or hate, and they only played one that I knew so that might have been why.

Yeah the Muse sound techs are amazing. The band also sounds great, but not too polished. They manage to keep a live sound rather than record-clean.

And a good video I found of Plug In Baby showing all the moves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPtacaMcTg

Woah, this video is great! I didn't see Matt put his guitar over the back of his head near the end, that's wicked!!

They are good, and I like quite a lot of their songs. But they felt very average on the night. They are the sort of band where they have songs you either like, or hate, and they only played one that I knew so that might have been why.

Yeah the Muse sound techs are amazing. The band also sounds great, but not too polished. They manage to keep a live sound rather than record-clean.

That's what I loved about that night, they were so tight but still totally live sounding.

morning all.... I went to bed about 11pmish last night and after the wine and watching haarp i have a bit of a sore head this morning hehe and its like i just wanna rest, I am glad that its nice and cool. my mom cooked up some nice breaky so yeah and tom thanks for more of the you tube vids.

I wreckoned that mars volta was good i found they had a doors/led zepplin sound to them but yes they went into the muse time slot but i was watching the sound techs they looked like they were having some slight problems getting because i saw the communications and so on going on there perhaps that was why. the time slots went over a bit. I am looking through you tube for a vid of powderfinger from the bdo so mom could have a looksie,

She said she would have loved to come but she wouldnt have liked the crowd so i am showing her the outcome so she can enjoy it that way lol

Yeah, definitely. Although the fact that I was really quite squashed might have also contributed to their set seeming to go on endlessly. Did they really only play for an hour?

I cheered myself silly during Muse :LOL: Even started a 'Muse!' chant before the encore :happy:

:LOL:

I shouted out daft stating-the-obvious things like "KEYTAR!".

I heard them play Advice For Young Mothers To Be. And the other few songs after, but I didn't recognise any of them. They were really good though. I loved when Finn Andrews was like 'Veils fail' when the equipment went weird :LOL: He seems like a really nice guy.

Yeah so much went wrong for him, poor guy! At one point at the end of a song he gave up on his guitar completely and dived over to the keyboard and beat the crap out of it to get the big ending the song needed. :LOL:

Great pics Tom! The quality is so clear :eek: Most of mine came out blurry but I got some pretty good video which I might put up later. Probably won't compare to everyone elses because I was a bit farther back. But I was pleased, especially for capturing the lasers during New Born on film.

LASERS! :awesome:

morning all.... I went to bed about 11pmish last night and after the wine and watching haarp i have a bit of a sore head this morning hehe and its like i just wanna rest, I am glad that its nice and cool. my mom cooked up some nice breaky so yeah and tom thanks for more of the you tube vids.

I wreckoned that mars volta was good i found they had a doors/led zepplin sound to them but yes they went into the muse time slot but i was watching the sound techs they looked like they were having some slight problems getting because i saw the communications and so on going on there perhaps that was why. the time slots went over a bit. I am looking through you tube for a vid of powderfinger from the bdo so mom could have a looksie,

She said she would have loved to come but she wouldnt have liked the crowd so i am showing her the outcome so she can enjoy it that way lol

Oh dear, sore head doesn't sound good!

I went out to another gig last night, and I am so glad I remembered ear plugs, my ears are only minimally ringing.

It cracks me up that everytime anyone mentions anything about The Mars Volta the next thing out of their mouth is how they ran into Muse's time slot.

That was the longest hour of my life, it seemed to be the same song that went on forever.

Oh dear, sore head doesn't sound good!

I went out to another gig last night, and I am so glad I remembered ear plugs, my ears are only minimally ringing.

It cracks me up that everytime anyone mentions anything about The Mars Volta the next thing out of their mouth is how they ran into Muse's time slot.

That was the longest hour of my life, it seemed to be the same song that went on forever.

well the sore head was because i managed to demolish about a bottle and a half of wine and we all know how potent the contents of wine is and it was white wine... i usually have food to soak up some of the alcohol but i didnt eat a thing hence the sore head and me being very quiet.

What was the other gig you went to, Mine arent even ringing at all i guess with me being partially deaf i dont have to worry about the ringing or things like that as the ear mould might block some of the sounds??? thats just a theory

well the sore head was because i managed to demolish about a bottle and a half of wine and we all know how potent the contents of wine is and it was white wine... i usually have food to soak up some of the alcohol but i didnt eat a thing hence the sore head and me being very quiet.

What was the other gig you went to, Mine arent even ringing at all i guess with me being partially deaf i dont have to worry about the ringing or things like that as the ear mould might block some of the sounds??? thats just a theory

I went to the Kings Arms to see my friend's band, 'Shotgun Alley'. They were awesome, super cheesy rock and awesome old school get up but they have some really good music too.

My ears are shocking, I've been to too many gigs without ear plugs, and the loud stuff at work isn't making them any better. Most of my collegues are pretty deaf.

Ahh, yeah a bottle or so of wine will do that to you!

Stay on the couch I reckon, that's what Sundays are for!

Definitely. I'd be on the couch if I could.

haha if i keep up that philosophy i'll never have anything packed to take back down to invercargill in a month...

That's aaaaages.

Definitely. I'd be on the couch if I could.

That's aaaaages.

yeah and well i am doing the typical sunday thing resting i will need to with a week i will have ahead i am peeved off in a way because i am organised and they werent and i dislike things being disorganised...