Sounds like it will be a great experience! So glad to hear that you are on the mend and hope that things start getting back on track for you!
Thanks hun :kiss:

people were so blase about it, which i never really understood, especially when with my work i saw exactly how drug addiction ruined people's lives.
Somebody I know who knows about my mum's 10 year heroin addiction offered me cocaine in her presence when I was 17 :facepalm:

I just watched Labyrinth, god that movie is awesome on so many levels!
:awesome: I have that movie on DVD. I might watch it today.

my sister and i sing magic dance as magic pants.
:LOL: my friend works at the embassy movie theatre in welly and before they got bought by skycity, they used to have labrynth nights. The staff would all be in hysterics up in the room with the projector at the size of bowie's package on that massive screen...

I just got a $30 pair of plain black shoes...bit boring, really. Comfortable at the moment, though.
Comfortable shoes win.

I went for a walk on like Wednesday in stupid shoes. So now I have this open blister on the heel of my right foot the size of an old 50c coin and I have to walk on my tippy toes til it heals. Plus it's kind of creepy because it was so deep that like, there's kind of a hole in my foot now.

Yeha but blisters are evil! Especially those deep ones! You would be surprised at how many people we get who have to come in for debridements and skin grafts from blisters gone wrong!!!

So keep it clean!!

WTF about that person offering you drugs like that, are people really so ignorant? I guess so!

Woo I am just about to go and try on my new knee brace when I take the dog for a big walk! I need some new comfy walking shoes too!!!

EDIT: What is ofc? I'm sure I know this one!!!!

Yeha but blisters are evil! Especially those deep ones! You would be surprised at how many people we get who have to come in for debridements and skin grafts from blisters gone wrong!!!

So keep it clean!!

Debridements? What are those?

I am being careful about infection though. Especially because it's on my heel. When I first dealt with it I was so worried I put undiluted dettol on it - I very nearly screamed :LOL:

WTF about that person offering you drugs like that, are people really so ignorant? I guess so!

Woo I am just about to go and try on my new knee brace when I take the dog for a big walk! I need some new comfy walking shoes too!!!

EDIT: What is ofc? I'm sure I know this one!!!!

Yeah, pretty much.

Though if my mum hadn't been there I might have said yes... but I feel so weird about doing anything like that around my parents haha. They do stuff around me and always have - and still do - but like... the idea of me doing anything like that around them is sort of like... watching the rain fall upwards to the sky or something. Against the laws of reality.

Anyway, hope your walk is nice!

And ofc is, as rich said, of course :happy:

Yeah, the heel is pretty much the worst place to have them.

I don't know what debridements are...do you know what the worst thing about that is? I just looked it up in the dictionary two hours ago for a Shortland Street episode I'm doing at work, and now I've completely forgotten. :LOL:

I've never known for sure but always assumed it's 'of course'.

And yes, blisters are horrendous!

Hope the brace is comfy.

So it wasn't a big a walk as I thought it would be :) But never mind. Braceis weird but sort of comfy. Pain is still a big factor but the brace did seem to hold it all together better and I felt that I could put more weight on it.

Debridements? What are those?

I am being careful about infection though. Especially because it's on my heel. When I first dealt with it I was so worried I put undiluted dettol on it - I very nearly screamed :LOL:

Yeah, pretty much.

Though if my mum hadn't been there I might have said yes... but I feel so weird about doing anything like that around my parents haha. They do stuff around me and always have - and still do - but like... the idea of me doing anything like that around them is sort of like... watching the rain fall upwards to the sky or something. Against the laws of reality.

Anyway, hope your walk is nice!

OF COURSE it's of course!!

Bloody hell you put undiluted detol on it? Yikes, you are one brave girl!!!! At least it will be clean now ahahahaha.

Yeah, the heel is pretty much the worst place to have them.

I don't know what debridements are...do you know what the worst thing about that is? I just looked it up in the dictionary two hours ago for a Shortland Street episode I'm doing at work, and now I've completely forgotten. :LOL:

Debridement:

Debridement is the medical removal of a patient's dead, damaged, or infected tissue to improve the healing potential of the remaining healthy tissue. Removal may be surgical, mechanical, chemical, autolytic (self-digestion), and by maggot therapy, where certain species of live maggots selectively eat only necrotic tissue.

So basically they cut away all the crappy stuff and then either leave it open, seal it with a vaccuum dressing or use skin grafts to encourage it to heal.

Hahah ew, I know, my friend at Middlemore actually had a guy who came in for a debridement but when they pulled of the bandages his legs were festering and full of maggots.:vomit:

He was a street person who had been treated orignally and then gone straight back to the streets or whatever and not taken his antibiotics and obviously not showered or anything and they just festered.

I think they just showered them off and re dressed it. Bleeauggghhhh

Just remembered a funny joke from the League of Gentlemen show we watched last night. It works better as a spoken joke, but it's worth a shot...

Why is Panadol hard to find in the jungle?

Cos the parrots eat 'em all.

:chuckle:

:stunned:

Actually, thanks for that! I don't have time to go and get lunch today, and I was starting to feel a bit hungry. That problem has been solved. :LOL:

OMG sorry! I forget other people might not want to hear that stuff!

Just remembered a funny joke from the League of Gentlemen show we watched last night. It works better as a spoken joke, but it's worth a shot...

BAAHHH! :D It took me too long to get that, I had to say it out loud, hahahahaha!

So it wasn't a big a walk as I thought it would be :) But never mind. Braceis weird but sort of comfy. Pain is still a big factor but the brace did seem to hold it all together better and I felt that I could put more weight on it.

OF COURSE it's of course!!

Ofc :happy:

Glad you could put more weight on it, though sorry it still hurts.

Bloody hell you put undiluted detol on it? Yikes, you are one brave girl!!!! At least it will be clean now ahahahaha.
It was looking pretty scary at the time :LOL: And given that 4 years ago I ended up with this sack of purple blood and pus the size of a golf ball hanging off my knee I wasn't taking any chances :ninja:

Debridement:

Debridement is the medical removal of a patient's dead, damaged, or infected tissue to improve the healing potential of the remaining healthy tissue. Removal may be surgical, mechanical, chemical, autolytic (self-digestion), and by maggot therapy, where certain species of live maggots selectively eat only necrotic tissue.

So basically they cut away all the crappy stuff and then either leave it open, seal it with a vaccuum dressing or use skin grafts to encourage it to heal.

... I think I kind of sort of debrided it myself then :erm:...

Hahah ew, I know, my friend at Middlemore actually had a guy who came in for a debridement but when they pulled of the bandages his legs were festering and full of maggots.:vomit:

He was a street person who had been treated orignally and then gone straight back to the streets or whatever and not taken his antibiotics and obviously not showered or anything and they just festered.

I think they just showered them off and re dressed it. Bleeauggghhhh

Grosssss.

But I like gross stories like that :LOL:

:LOL: Ba dum tish.

Alone we are born

And die alone;

Yet see the red-gold cirrus

Over snow mountain shine.

Upon the Upland Road

Ride easy, stranger:

Surrender to the sky

Your heart of anger.

Just because it's stuck in my head and is beautiful.

Plus it was his anniversary a couple of days ago.

And this is the NZ thread.

And I feel like spamming :p

I just watched Labyrinth, god that movie is awesome on so many levels!

Ludo :awesome: I love him.

But David Bowie's tight pants, man did they REALLY have to be so tight? They are obscene! :LOL:

6a00e55396b685883301053721a61a970b-800wi.jpg

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh man, the first time I watched it as a 'grown up' it was all I could see! Is it a sock? What IS that thing? Haaaaahaaa!

It's my brother's birthday tomorrow, I can't believe he's going to be 19!

It's all Bowie, baby! ;)

It's my birthday on Tuesday :awesome:

I always thought it was 'of-fucking-course'