Musecasters new replica: chromey (+ sustainer)

musecasters

How is it disresepectful to make one for yourself?

I don't really think it is, but I CAN see where musecasters is coming from.

He doesn't want to build replicas for other people as that's disrespectful and making money off their design.

But as for sharing the specs/shape... I don't know what the exact reason is, but for one thing, someone like zooropa can get a hold of them and make money off of it. It's still a bit disrespectful in my opinion to give them out anyway.

apparently Mansons weren't particularly happy about zooropa ripping off their guitars a while back...especially seeing he made a template off a certain guitar of theirs.

I don't really think it is, but I CAN see where musecasters is coming from.

He doesn't want to build replicas for other people as that's disrespectful and making money off their design.

But as for sharing the specs/shape... I don't know what the exact reason is, but for one thing, someone like zooropa can get a hold of them and make money off of it. It's still a bit disrespectful in my opinion to give them out anyway.

apparently Mansons weren't particularly happy about zooropa ripping off their guitars a while back...especially seeing he made a template off a certain guitar of theirs.

Yeah, if the dimensions and shape are freely shared it's inevitable that people are going to start using them for profit which isn't respecting manson's wishes at all.

Where did your sig come from, that's classic!

Making them for other people and selling them is disrespectful, but making them for yourself I cant see a problem with at all.

Nah I agree, but by making one for yourself you're kind of tied up with a guitar or guitars that you can never sell.

Yeah, if the dimensions and shape are freely shared it's inevitable that people are going to start using them for profit which isn't respecting manson's wishes at all.

Where did your sig come from, that's classic!

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=7152358#post7152358

I see what you mean about being stuck with a guitar that you can never sell. But to be honest, if you build it yourself, no matter how good it is, you'll probably lose money on it anyway unless you're a well known builder.

If I design object A and someone wants to copy it, fine. If they manage to find out the exact dimensions of my object, but I want to retain exclusive ownership of the design, I ask them not to share said dimensions. If they go ahead and share them, they have been disrespectful.

You know, like if your mum asked you to wash the dishes, and then you didn't, it would be disrespectful.

or they get sued for breaking the patent or nda.

cmon kids do your own hard work instead of demanding freebies.

Archived