B-side Album?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. B-side Album?

ok here is my deal

as i do love basically every muse song ive ever heard and also own 6 albums from them(Showbiz Origin of Symmetry Hullabaloo Absolution Black holes and Revelations and ofc Resistance) i have recently been searching youtube this site and other weird locations to find a whole mess of extra songs that are being refered to as B side songs which i guess means extra songs placed on the singles such as the Groove is on the time is running out single. anyways i was thinking there should totally be a whole collection of these songs on one album so that i may buy it and obsessively listen to it.

agree?

No need. Buy them off iTunes, or DL some of them at Muselive.

I'd rather have the lads come up with stuff we haven't heard before than hearing the songs that we already know. The one thing that scares me in this respect is what Matt recently said in an interview, about re-recording songs like New Born etc and making a 'modern' version of them - basically what they wanted the songs to be. To me, the classics will remain the classics. And if they were to re-release B-sides, I'm sure they'd be modified too.

yea as much as i thought about buying them or simply dling them i listen to most of my music in my car and burned cds always suck, not to mention muse is one of the few bands i refuse to steal music from.

also i always feel like i have heard every muse song and then i find some little Gem ive never encountered b4. i feel like im missing out lol

yea as much as i thought about buying them or simply dling them i listen to most of my music in my car and burned cds always suck, not to mention muse is one of the few bands i refuse to steal music from.

also i always feel like i have heard every muse song and then i find some little Gem ive never encountered b4. i feel like im missing out lol

You don't have to steal... They're all on youtube.

OK, one other option: get the Showbiz, OOS and Absolution boxsets on Ebay, perhaps with Random 1-8 and a few BH&R singles added. Will add up to about 500 quid, but then you got all b-sides ;)

but that would take all the fun out of searching for them on the internetz(like i did)

the way i see it is if your a die hard fan youll take the time to find them all and see there all pretty easily (pun intended) found if you look hard enough

it took me a couple days to hunt them all down but im set on muse b-sides

but that would take all the fun out of searching for them on the internetz(like i did)

the way i see it is if your a die hard fan youll take the time to find them all and see there all pretty easily (pun intended) found if you look hard enough

it took me a couple days to hunt them all down but im set on muse b-sides

In the old days (<2005) there used to be a website that hosted them, but it was taken down of course ;)

By the way, I did not only collect the boxsets to get them all, but also got all the vinyl singles. I think that counts as being a zealy Muse fan :p

In the old days (<2005) there used to be a website that hosted them, but it was taken down of course ;)

By the way, I did not only collect the boxsets to get them all, but also got all the vinyl singles. I think that counts as being a zealy Muse fan :p

i found them all the hard way lol

i didnt really start looking for bsides til 04 i didnt really have anything to put the on if i did find them back in the day anyway

I'm generally for any and all official Muse releases. Not to quote our disgrace of a former president, but... "bring it on!". B-sides, non-album tracks, demos, and concert recordings -- it's all great, and I want to be able to legitimately buy it all and own it in high-quality CD recordings. (For the life of me, I don't understand why Muse doesn't aggressively explore the "official bootleg" route, but that's subject for another thread.)

I could theoretically burn copies off of YouTube or whatever, but I'm greedy for the relatively audiophile quality of the original recordings.

• 1 year later...

what about this cd, its unofficial but..

2qa39z5.jpg

track listing;

1 in your world

2 futurism

3 man of mystery

4 host

5 please, please, please..

6 coma

7 crying shame

8 pink ego box

9 nishe

10 house of the rising sun

11 dead star

12 easily

13 fury

14 con-science

15 can't take my eyes off you

16 do we need this?

17 piste 8

18 twin

19 spiral static

20 shine

21 the groove

22 agitated

23 eternally missed

24 matt's concerto

25 glorious

idn where to find the actual cd but its available for download all over the internet :D

what about this cd, its unofficial but..

2qa39z5.jpg

track listing;

1 in your world

2 futurism

3 man of mystery

4 host

5 please, please, please..

6 coma

7 crying shame

8 pink ego box

9 nishe

10 house of the rising sun

11 dead star

12 easily

13 fury

14 con-science

15 can't take my eyes off you

16 do we need this?

17 piste 8

18 twin

19 spiral static

20 shine

21 the groove

22 agitated

23 eternally missed

24 matt's concerto

25 glorious

idn where to find the actual cd but its available for download all over the internet :D

This is what I've got. It's really good.

• 10 months later...

If you were able to create a b-side album for Muse, which songs would you have in it and what order would they be in? Maximum of 15 tracks. Here's my tracklisting:

1. Ashamed

2. Glorious

3. Pink Ego Box

4. House of the Rising Sun

5. Nature 1

6. Can't Take My Eyes Off You

7. Bedroom Acoustics

8. Execution Commentary

9. Twin

10. Coma

11. Nishe

12. In Your World

13. Map Of Your Head

14. Minimum

15. Spiral Static (hidden track)

I couldn't decide between bedroom acoustics and nishe to be the midway point but i settled in the end. I look forward to seeing some other albums from you guys.

MattJB-

As Furygirl said, there's already a thread for discussing the possibilities for another b-side album so I've merged your thread with that one :).

Please remember to use the search button before making new topics, ta!

I personally think another b-side album would be a bit pointless really as all the ones since Hullabaloo are so readily available. Plus, the quality of Muse's recent b-sides has been, well, patchy at best in recent years :LOL:.

• 2 months later...

Archived