do you hate TiRO ?

abomufc108

Do you hate TiRO ?  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate TiRO ?

What? WHAT?! How? When? Why?! Time is Running Out is my second favourite song of all time D: And it's been my absolute favourite for years until recently! I don't see it as one of the most hated Muse songs of all time at all. It was pretty much the most popular track on Absolution back in 2003, wasn't it? It was a huge hit for a reason. :mad:

Yeah but seeing disliked songs on the setlist all the time leads to frustration, which leads to hate, and next thing you know you're throwing beer mats at Tom Kirk :awesome:

Hate leads to the dark side... turn away whilst you still can:nerd:

Personally, I love TIRO. Always have done. The clicking, the rumbly bass, the lyrics - sexydesperatedoomedoptimisticdefiance oh yes. If you don't want to boing to this, or at least tap your foot, you are officially dead.:dance:

What? WHAT?! How? When? Why?! Time is Running Out is my second favourite song of all time D: And it's been my absolute favourite for years until recently! I don't see it as one of the most hated Muse songs of all time at all. It was pretty much the most popular track on Absolution back in 2003, wasn't it? It was a huge hit for a reason. :mad:

Yes! Me too. It's right behind New Born for me and another song from a US band.

Goodness, I love TIRO. It was actually my favorite Muse song at one point (B&H has since overtaken it). I listen to the HAARP version as much as I do the Absolution version, as both live and studio versions are top-notch.

It's basically a setlist staple at this point, and I can only hope the boys haven't grown tired of playing it.

actually the first Muse song i ever heard... like 5-6 years ago and i didnt even know it was Muse! (i didnt even know who muse was or really any bands for that matter) and I LOVE IT still....

i hope they keep it on cuz i've never been to a concert and wont until they return to US :$ and i REALLY wanna sing along to it lol

• 4 months later...

This is my first post- I've registered purely to defend Time Is Running Out! I personally love it, as it was the song that really got me into Muse. 7 years later, I still like the song. When I first saw it played live at Reading Festival 2006 I was deliriously happy. I would be disappointed if it disappeared from their setlist, if only for the fans who are seeing Muse for the first time. I've seen them a few times since then, and now I prefer hearing slightly more random and less-played songs (i.e Cave at Teignmouth!) but think there are some songs that can't be left off a Muse setlist, and TIRO is definitely one of them! (I would argue that Feeling Good is too, and can't quite understand all the hate for it at the moment...) If you're a fan who is only going to get the opportunity to see Muse once, you'd be pretty gutted if they didn't play their biggest hits.

If you're a fan who is only going to get the opportunity to see Muse once, you'd be pretty gutted if they didn't play their biggest hits.

Why is that exactly? I think they have much better songs than their biggest hits, why would I want to hear a song just because it's popular?

Well I think a lot of their best songs are their biggest hits... But what I'm trying to get at is that if you got into Muse off the back of hearing a single, you're going to want to see it live. Obviously not for everyone, but I'd say most people would want to hear the song that first got them into a band, and their biggest hits.

Well I think a lot of their best songs are their biggest hits... But what I'm trying to get at is that if you got into Muse off the back of hearing a single, you're going to want to see it live. Obviously not for everyone, but I'd say most people would want to hear the song that first got them into a band, and their biggest hits.

I still don't get why biggest hits matter. People want to see the songs they like, if those songs ARE the biggest hits, fine. But saying that people want to see the biggest hits is just...wrong.

I still don't get why biggest hits matter. People want to see the songs they like, if those songs ARE the biggest hits, fine. But saying that people want to see the biggest hits is just...wrong.

Well I'd still say most people when they see a band, especially for the first time, would want to hear their biggest hits, but I appreciate this isn't the same for everyone. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one!

P.S I googled Time Is Running Out because I couldn't remember what year it was released, was slightly disturbed to discover a Live Lounge cover of it by The Feeling!

Well I'd still say most people when they see a band, especially for the first time, would want to hear their biggest hits, but I appreciate this isn't the same for everyone. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one!

P.S I googled Time Is Running Out because I couldn't remember what year it was released, was slightly disturbed to discover a Live Lounge cover of it by The Feeling!

You still don't get my point. Let's say it like this. If you love songs like Assassin, Micro Cuts or Darkshines, why would you want them to play SMBH, Time is running out or Starlight just because it's their biggest hits?

People who want to hear their biggest hits wants it because they like the songs, not because the songs are popular. Or do you seriously believe that someone would want to hear songs more than their favorites just because they're big hits?

EDIT: Just to make it extra clear. Yes, many people go to the gigs expecting and wanting to hear songs like Time Is Running Out and Hysteria, their big hits. But that's because they like the songs, and it has nothing to do with the fact that they're popular. To be honest, if you go to a show to hear songs because they're popular, you're an idiot.

Therefore, saying that fans would be gutted if they didn't get to hear the most famous songs is pretty ignorant.

You still don't get my point. Let's say it like this. If you love songs like Assassin, Micro Cuts or Darkshines, why would you want them to play SMBH, Time is running out or Starlight just because it's their biggest hits?

People who want to hear their biggest hits wants it because they like the songs, not because the songs are popular. Or do you seriously believe that someone would want to hear songs more than their favorites just because they're big hits?

EDIT: Just to make it extra clear. Yes, many people go to the gigs expecting and wanting to hear songs like Time Is Running Out and Hysteria, their big hits. But that's because they like the songs, and it has nothing to do with the fact that they're popular. To be honest, if you go to a show to hear songs because they're popular, you're an idiot.

Therefore, saying that fans would be gutted if they didn't get to hear the most famous songs is pretty ignorant.

Well I never said people would be disappointed at not hearing a song that's a big hit if they didn't actually like it, so please don't call me ignorant! My point was that most people seeing any band live would want to hear the song that got them into the band in the first place, and normally that's going to be one of their hits. Sorry if I didn't put the point across very well. I was just trying to make the case for TIRO staying on the Muse setlist.

Why is that exactly? I think they have much better songs than their biggest hits, why would I want to hear a song just because it's popular?

because the hits are generally what draws you in at first, then you see them, then you eventually widen to the lesser known classics. Also its not a case of YOU wanting to hear a song because its popular, but the majority wanting to or it wouldnt be popular, and you want to please the majority of people.

edit : I see I was late to this conversation, just throw out some quick sense though. Songs are famous because people liked them, people want to hear them because they like them. More people want to hear the song because its famous. Remember, Tiro, Starlight, Supermassive, Plug in Baby will be the songs that got most people into Muse.

because the hits are generally what draws you in at first, then you see them, then you eventually widen to the lesser known classics. Also its not a case of YOU wanting to hear a song because its popular, but the majority wanting to or it wouldnt be popular, and you want to please the majority of people.

What is "generally" what draws most people in doesn't really matter. The statement was as follows: "If you're a fan who is only going to get the opportunity to see Muse once, you'd be pretty gutted if they didn't play their biggest hits."

A more correct statement would be "Many of the fans who really like the big hits would be gutted if they didn't play them".

I don't see how just because you got into Muse by a song like SMBH, that you would still like it as much when you hear the rest of the songs.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, not even that it isn't usual. But to say that fans who only get to see them once wants them to play their biggest hits is just wrong. And yes, it IS a case of me wanting to hear a song, since mine, or any other individuals opinion directly proves that quoted statement wrong.

edit : I see I was late to this conversation, just throw out some quick sense though. Songs are famous because people liked them, people want to hear them because they like them. More people want to hear the song because its famous. Remember, Tiro, Starlight, Supermassive, Plug in Baby will be the songs that got most people into Muse.

Yes, most people will want to hear the most famous songs, but that's because most people LIKE their most famous songs, otherwise they wouldn't be famous. They don't want to see it just BECAUSE they're famous. See the difference?

Simple: "Fans would be gutten if they didn't get to hear the big hits" is wrong, since I'm a fan, and I wouldn't be gutten. What MANY or MOST fans would feel though, may be just that.

Archived