Does anyone NOT like Hysteria or Stockholm Syndrome?

Infinity

Does anyone NOT like Hysteria or Stockholm Syndrome?  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone NOT like Hysteria or Stockholm Syndrome?

• I dislike them both.
    • Awesome songs are awesome.
    • I like one but not the other.

I don't get anyone who dislikes them. Especially Stockholm Syndrome. I can only presume the type who don't like SS are the type who click their fingers to Coldplay and believe U2 are a ground breaking band. In other words tasteless, or at best deluded.

:LOL: Brilliant.

Rather tempted to sig that.

I love both the songs, although Hysteria was the first Muse song I properly liked and it's still my favourite. Fantastic live too.

• 4 months later...

my message thingy at the bottom says it all about hysteria

i didnt know how to put stockholm syndrome into it, so i use that as my ringtone instead, i absolutley love that song

when they were doing the intro to it on sept 11th, i was jumping up an down in joy

i would happily play £51 again to just hear that one song

Quote:

Originally Posted by I, Prada Shoes View Post

Hysteria is a lame song, SS is alright. The lead guitar tone is utter shit, though.

THIS IS YOU

i+am+a+huge+faggot.jpg

that is so true

what you mean "lame" everything about it is pure passion

stockholm syndrome guitar being utter shit? what you mean utter shit, i know people who have never heard a muse song, or dont like muse, played them that, an they said that that its just an amazing rift, some of those being converts

i think you should actually just delete your account if your slagging off 2 of their best songs

I see these two songs as being the flagship songs of the Absolition era, which I think is the best era. Hysteria opened over half of the shows and Stockholm Syndrome closed 90% of them. Although they are still played now, they are shodows of their former selves. Hysteria is in my top 20, and SS is my favourite song.

Enough about music to know the difference between guitar and bass, and lead gtr and rhythm, and that it's silly to refer to guitar as lead guitar unless there's another musician playing a rhythm part. And there's nothing wrong with Matt's guitar tone. It's one of the things that makes up his signature sound... on his signature guitars.

Maybe you should stick to footwear, sweetie, 'cause you're pants at music criticism.

And since you've asked for it, there was nothing wrong with the poll choices for this thread, either. I mean, for most Muse fans it's a silly thread, but if you take the question seriously, those three poll options are pretty much the only ones to choose from.

Lead guitar doesn't mean there has to be a rhythm guitar part at all. If you want to get technical, then the SS riff could be seen as a bass riff, as it's played in that range of the keyboard.

And Matt doesn't have a signature sound and doesn't have a signature guitar any more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I, Prada Shoes View Post

Hysteria is a lame song, SS is alright. The lead guitar tone is utter shit, though.

that is so true

what you mean "lame" everything about it is pure passion

stockholm syndrome guitar being utter shit? what you mean utter shit, i know people who have never heard a muse song, or dont like muse, played them that, an they said that that its just an amazing rift, some of those being converts

i think you should actually just delete your account if your slagging off 2 of their best songs

The lead guitar SOUND in Stockholm Syndrome is a bit shit, I've never liked the sound of the Diezel VH4, much preferred the more harsh middy sound from when he was using the DSL50 for the SS riff. It has nothing to do with how good the riff itself is.

I think you should delete your account and learn to read before slagging off others on a public forum and making yourself look stupid. :)

Controversial, it's definitely an awesome intro.

I think Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash has to win that one though. "Hi, I'm Johnny Cash." :happy:

That's OK, but I prefer Hysteria. Although I don't think Matt Bellamy could say "Hello, I'm Matt Bellamy" with quite the same effect that Johnny does :) Good job he sticks to the guitar playing and not so much of the speaking.

I don't get anyone who dislikes them. Especially Stockholm Syndrome. I can only presume the type who don't like SS are the type who click their fingers to Coldplay and believe U2 are a ground breaking band. In other words tasteless, or at best deluded.

I think Stockholm Syndrome is not that good. It's just okay. What now? Huh?

Archived