The Resistance - World Chart Watch!

sjb2371

France # 1 (Confirmed)

1 MUSE The resistance

2 MIKA The boy who knew too much

3 M Mister mystere

4 DAVID GUETTA One love

5 MANU CHAO Baionarena

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Poland # 17

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah!!! I don't know how 'coz there is not so much advertising for it ! Maybe it's because we have a great bunch of fans in France. In my area, each time I go to the supermarket, I'm counting how many albums remain (yes, i know I'm madly addicted!) and there are only 2 sold in a week :eek: (I checked 3 stores) . I'm thinking of making something to make all these albums sold out... send you a pic as soon as I'm done :D (I'm the one who takes all Muse albums and put them at the beginning of the "M" row every time I go to the shop, so that they can be seen at first :D:D)

Some more info about the world album sales....

http://muse.mu/news/article/511/a-big-thank-you/

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a179457/muse-album-bucking-world-sales-decline.html

Muse have been bucking the global decline in music sales with the release of their latest album The Resistance.

The record has reached number one in 18 countries around the world, while previous LP Black Holes & Revelations made it to the top spot in seven territories.

In the UK, the album shifted 148,161 copies in seven days and had the third highest first week sales behind Eminem's Relapse and U2's No Line On The Horizon.

"When you compute the declining market that is really amazing," Warner Music's Matthieu Lauriot-Prevost told Music Week. "It is more than we were dreaming about.

"We have a schedule for the band for the next 18 months. It feels like it could be a big, big record.

"Our goal is to take the band to the next level in every territory: where they are platinum, take them to double platinum, where they are gold take then to platinum. The sky is the limit."

Muse are currently supporting U2 on their US tour and will tour the UK and Europe in November.

I have a question... Does anybody know who the other two countries in which the Resistance went to Number 1 in?

Please post them. It would make this thread complete ;)

Again well done Muse :musesign:

• 1 month later...
Yeah!!! I don't know how 'coz there is not so much advertising for it ! Maybe it's because we have a great bunch of fans in France. In my area' date=' each time I go to the supermarket, I'm counting how many albums remain (yes, i know I'm madly addicted!) and there are only 2 sold in a week :eek: (I checked 3 stores) . I'm thinking of making something to make all these albums sold out... send you a pic as soon as I'm done :D (I'm the one who takes all Muse albums and put them at the beginning of the "M" row every time I go to the shop, so that they can be seen at first :D:D)[/quote']

awwww I love you!!hehe

I heard they are bigger in France than UK..

Number 13 in Norway now..

Still embarassing..

Norwegians like cute little girls who can't sing at all, or some old farts, or some random teens which are so slick that you actually can surf on them.... I hate this country :p

http://lista.vg.no/show_list.php?ListsOp=showWeek&listID=2&week=44&year=2009

Arent Muse on the norwegian rock magazine?so it cant e all that bad...

btw guten tag!!!

Matt actually said 'Tusen takk' (thanks alot) after every song in Oslo xD that was fun.

I can imagine "Tusen takk" sounding quite funny to an English speaker's ear so I'm sure he got a kick out of saying that all the time :p

Oh and concerning Norwegian charts: The Resistance seems to be doing quite well there if it's still in the top 15. In many other countries it has dropped a lot more. :)

• 5 months later...
Aww thanks for that!

That is good right?2.2 million sales?does that mean it was successful?

That means it was very successful. BH&R took nearly 3 years to reach that target and i'm not sure Absolution has even got there yet.

That you'll have to find yourself ll. I'm quoting sources that were posted around the time of The Resistance's release. I couldn't even tell you which thread originally linked it. Not this one though!

This link however lists BH&R as just under 3million, which must have been a short while ago as The Resistance stands at 1.8 million.

• 1 month later...

Archived