Problemfanatique

Unnatural Selection or MK Ultra?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Unnatural Selection or MK Ultra?

• Unnatural Selection
    • MK Ultra
    • I can't decide, I like them both

MK Ultra.

As said in the other topic, it's like The Resistance's answer to Stockholm Syndrome. It's dark, grim, paranoid and rifftastic. I'm hoping to see this live as a set closer with a bunchload of riffs. It also has the most unique guitar sound that the band has done to date, almost has a videogame-esque sound to it.

Unnatural Selection is really great. It's jammy, riffy and I love the lyrics. But imo it's the most "b-side esque" track on the album. Not that it's a bad thing ofcourse. It's probably cause in terms of what Muse do rock-wise, it's not as complex as most of their other songs.

MK Ultra. US is great and riff-tacular, but for some reason it feels a little disjointed and unwieldy to me as a piece of music, whereas MK Ultra is just perfectly put together and has that amazing riff/videogame theme/whatever you want to call it that refuses to leave me alone. Also, the 'they're breaking through' interlude is just spine-tinglingly awesome.

I'd have to say Unnatural Selection at the moment. Although to be honest, I could play MK Ultra over and over again, whereas Unnatural Selection I couldn't. Not sure why... Maybe it's because the breakdown seems a tad too long sometimes? Wheras MK Ultra is almost perfectly paced.

Archived