I briefly skimmed through Popey's suggestion, make music available for free on the internet but with heavy advertising. Then if you don't want the ads in the middle of your albums you pay for a physical or digital copy.

Done

Where's my coffee gone?

Basically a lot like Spotify. I think it's the best solution too personally. I've only ever bought maybe 3 songs off the internet before and 2 of those were since I got Spotify.

This.

Muselive is the retarded cousin of Muse.mu who always hangs around with you even when you're getting some with the sexy girl from down the street who's always had a thing for you but never wants to go "All the way" and the one time she decides to go for it is when Muselive turns up and knocks on the car window saying it wants to go to the toilet! :facepalm:

FML!

WTF :LOL:

I wouldn't go that far but by god that made me chuckle.

I disagree Matt that this is not well thought out, on the contrary, you seem to have some very interesting and workable ideas albeit a few holes which I'm sure could be got around......

Unfortunately, I would dearly love to have the time to critique fully, but time does not allow.....one thought though, as a lover of music and all things creative, I already pay a higher price to my ISP for unlimited download as opposed to the basic packages on offer that restrict usage, but again, you quite rightly lay the responsibility on the provider.

Anyway, after months of glorious uninhibited irresponsibility that my life has become (HOORAH for redundancy, reassessess the importance in life....having fun tee hee), thank you for a moment of real "thinking" time :D

I missed you guys at Teignmouth boo hiss, down there just one week before for Shaldon Regatta, but did manage to catch a jar or two at your local at the Helen Foundation Event....ooooh how I purred holding the Resistance Guitar chortle chortle.

Best track on the new album, Undislosed Desires.....I get it, and so right in my world at the mo...YEEHAH ;o)

See you in Birmingham again....cant bloomin wait, long live all things ITALIA (no, I'm not Italian, just a great lover of the country and culture) x

Another one signing up today just to reply to Matt. Awww, bless... :p

I was just about to say that.

Why are we the top two posters in this thread?

Its been 7 years since I last saw Matt do something on here :LOL:

Cos we're the coolest. :cool: Or maybe the saddest, I'm not sure...

Same here. I haven't seen him since his old random ramblings on the old red board!

I briefly skimmed through Popey's suggestion, make music available for free on the internet but with heavy advertising. Then if you don't want the ads in the middle of your albums you pay for a physical or digital copy.

Done

Where's my coffee gone?

spotify seems to be proving there is very little money in that model unfortunately. artists get next to nothing, spotify has made the free service now invite only :-/

i think the way forward is to just give up on the idea that music has to be paid for, i like that muse embrace that by streaming all their stuff. should still charge for cds and similar but that should be paying for the optimal listening experience (pretty much as nin have innovated with their many package options) and give up on charts and things and look at other ways being a popular artist can bring in revenue, which really cant be that hard when you have a market

I think you mean talk AT Matt :LOL: He probably posted this, then went off to have a nice cup of tea and let the shitstorm commence, blissfully unaware :LOL:

I bet he's tucking into his lasagne as we speak thinking, 'glad I cleared that one up!'

This board NEEDS more Matteh! :musesign: :musesign:

haha yes I agree - i havent been round long enough to see matt post anything on here, so this is pretty weird lol. It means he sort of has skimmed through some posts and threads on this board :p In which case - maybe he does it every now and again, although i doubt it :D

If so - Gday Matt :):LOL:

Gargh!

[/gets over the fangirl moments]

Well, I must say... I sort of understand this... But not really! Haha.:facepalm:

He has a point, I must say, and it's good that him and Lily and that are speaking out about all this!:yesey:

And yes, anyway, will try to make sense of this when my eyes aren't dead. Haha.

So he's basically saying that you should be charged for how much music, film etc you download? And this would help stop piracy and that?

*rubs eyes* I'm tired, I'll make sense of it when I'm not so tired!

10 minutes after a few drinks, you say? Please!:phu::indiff::LOL:

Archived