Ha, this is funny. Seems like some Belgian politicians read Matt's post.

Today I read in the newspaper: our Flemish and Walloon green parties, "Groen!" and "Ecolo", want to introduce some sort of extra download 'tax' of "a few euros per month" included in your ISP subscription... They say they want to "legalize downloading by letting ISP's pay the copyrights to the association of authors (or whatever you call those associations in English :))

There's a whole text on the "Groen!" website, but unfortunately it's only in Flemish and French... Quite hard for me to translate although I could try to translate some parts of it if anyone is interested.

But anyway, I read a lot of things that I read in Matt's post as well, it's funny but it seems like the whole ISP discussion is going to start here, especially now that the Auvibel tax will be introduced on 01/02/2010 as well.

• 1 month later...

Let's make the most of that bump to get back on topic...the chief exec of BT has come out in opposition to the digital economy bill today, because, reading between the lines, cutting off someones internet connection means they are no longer a paying customer and therefore of no use to the ISP. He was backed up by the heads of several other ISPs.

He did suggest another alternative, of fining people who download or host illegal copyright files with the option to appeal, rather than automatically cutting off their service. An interesting possibility, until he mentioned that the revenue from said fines could be used either to compensate the creative industries OR to roll out high speed broadband to all parts of the country. Surely the ISPs should use the profits they already have to improve their networks, not fines rightfully owed to musicians?!

Source here.

And here is an amusing cartoon which is vaguely related to the topic:

radiohead.jpg

(Thanks lolz thread!)

• 2 weeks later...

ISPs are still a problem. One would have to change/add laws to protect artists..right now they have to give up their rights to advertise, change selling procedures, or get under a larger label which is a double edged sword. The artists have to pay to protect themselves...much like identity theft, in a broad manner of speaking. Either way, the artist pays...I personally do not mind paying for downloads or cd/dvd because I like to have the original music to replace music previously purchased through iTunes. I end up paying twice. Buying music is fair, moral, and practical for users and artists. On the other hand, what do artists have to pay iTunes to sell their music? How do bands survive the costs, such as patents,etc.? The Internet is a monster...too many people know how to get around the system placed by businesses. By the way, Apple phones can get viruses...as well as the computers because Apple software allows Microsoft XP to spool concurrently...thus, virus. Now, I see a monoply for our choices for operating systems. Off, the beaten path. A teenager from Australia hacked into iPhone software. Old news. My iPhone actually said it had a virus.

Matt, I've seen how aerobic your performances are and I know it's very hot behind all the lights. What do you eat and drink? Have you ever figured out how much weight you lose per performance? Don't get me wrong...you look absolutely perfect..just interested. Can you see the fans? Other than the front GA?

asianorchid, he doesn't come in here babes.

Seriously, he probably just typed it up in word then did the copy, paste and run thing. Or probably got Tom to post it for him.

None of them come in here anymore, you're wasting your time.

Sorry if it upsets you but there's really no point posting messages to him on the forum. :(

You stand more chance of a response if you yelled from your back garden.

If you need someone to talk to, pm me. Don't waste time talking to a brick wall.

asianorchid, he doesn't come in here babes.

Seriously, he probably just typed it up in word then did the copy, paste and run thing. Or probably got Tom to post it for him.

None of them come in here anymore, you're wasting your time.

Sorry if it upsets you but there's really no point posting messages to him on the forum. :(

You stand more chance of a response if you yelled from your back garden.

If you need someone to talk to, pm me. Don't waste time talking to a brick wall.

I reckon they do come on here at times, Dom has mentioned checking the forum, and they knew about the hottest male competition. I get the feeling that Dom has a look. I'm not so sure about Matt though.

Anyway Matt has said he can't do gigs without bananas, Christina, :) and then they have a proper meal afterwards,

I promise I will try to make it sound co herrent and if it doesnt make what you can.

Personally with the move of the internet,closures of music stores and musicans I am worried they will phase out the whole cd market and I prefer the quality of the cd's than downloads legal or illegal. And also if the musicans and other artist chooses to go with the downloads then the computer companies would also be profiting thats the less important things.

Here are some possible soloutions for the isp faults

It is difficult to yes control the isp and how they are downloading whose downloading where the people that are downloading passing thier files to and what other network they are putting thier downloads to so that is impossible to control but however front up to the ones that allow the companies with the internet facilities to run the government.

The government taxes the major internet companies with the higher ration of people using thier companies have some workers that looks after the downloads and what ever taxes the government gets distributes to the artist... That is something to bare in mind.

Cd's is also another way that the music is outputted to the world so have those cds with bar codes on the actual cd's and if the person uploads that cd onto thier social network it is registered with the company that distributed the cd and then the artist gets some of the taxes back on that.

And cameras/videos that are taken to the concerts should be allowed for freeshare as that is the individuals are sharing thier experiences.

I have come with a few ideas. I do apologise if none of this make sense but that is how i see things can be done at the end of the day you cant control what the individuals are doing. But the government controls what the individuals do even then they arent able to

Guest QueenOfNerds
Dear Laura,

A few clarifications are needed! (You think this was well thought out, but I swear I wrote it in 10 minutes after a few drinks without going too deep!) ...

Love,

Matt

:LOL:

Dear Laura,

:LOL: Why yes, yes they do. Would you like to fan them for me?

Love, Matt

Yes! Oh god yes :LOL:

*sighs* matt.... get your head around this

I am a random person that does random things and things just happens out of randomness,its the random reason that things happen and random things just happens becuase of the random reasons that happens, now that would then make me a random person and a random person that i am i am sitting here making them random statement about random things out of randomness because i am being simply random, i know that you will not be back here but if for some random reason after drinking something you will randomly come in here you might end up seeing this on muse.mu and then you will think who the fuck is this stupid random person it will be just my point nothing because its random and you will be scratching your head wondering what the random reason this is for this random thread.......... :LOL::LOL: well that is just random isnt it oh look at me i am going of again about randomness dont get me started on confusion either ;)

I reckon they do come on here at times, Dom has mentioned checking the forum, and they knew about the hottest male competition. I get the feeling that Dom has a look. I'm not so sure about Matt though.

Anyway Matt has said he can't do gigs without bananas, Christina, :) and then they have a proper meal afterwards,

They might check the forums CarrieB but they don't interact anymore.

Pointless fawning and fangirly bollocks drove them away.

There's only so much of the "omgz I love you I wants your babiez!!!!!!111" that a band can take before they turn their back on it and say "To hell with that!"

Skimming the threads isn't the same as actually 'coming on here'.

How is that relevant to the discussion?

It isn't, it's just random thread drift.

Archived