Cave and Popcorn

muserule101

Yeah you shouldn't share that track here, nor should you offer too.

Popcorn is available as an mp3 from the Muse store. Alas, a flac of Popcorn is not available because Muse management have decided not to sell lossless tracks.

I would advise contacting them if you wish to obtain it instead of acquiring it illegally.

I think its so bootleggers can't sell them on as 'official' CD's as original recordings; at the moment they could potentially od that but they;d just be using lossy MP3's.

It's silly because the lossless files are easy to get for anyone who actually has the ability to use them for piracy.

Lossless is a compressed audio track (generally FLAC) without any loss in sound quality from the source.

Yup, as opposed to mp3s which are lossey. FLAC files are analogous high definitition sound, the same way an HD TV better represents the original picture than a regular TV. They're the blu ray of audio formats, so to speak. They can deliver a quality of audio similar or better than a CD.

So artists sell them so their fans can enjoy the music they download music and not suffer from a loss of quality compared to fans who buy CDs, but I guess Muse Management have yet to catch up.

It's silly because the lossless files are easy to get for anyone who actually has the ability to use them for piracy.

Yeh exactly; if they have the know how to sell fake CD's I'm sure they can download the files from well known music piracy sites. Although I suppose if they were available from the Muse store then they would be handed them on a plate so to speak.

Archived