What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Also, certain parts of Absolution come off as experimental to me. For example, Interlude is basically a really short adaptation of a classical music piece, buried in a fuzzy, shoegaze-ish atmosphere. I STILL wonder how Muse managed to pull that off. Particularly the guitars, they sound very psychedelic.

You don't need a dupe account for your shitposting, Strangeseas.

Personally I would go

1. Absolution- SS, Hysteria, Blackout, AS, ToaDA, it just has the most number of excellent songs. Just listening to the intro to the album gives me the chills and sets the dark mood that I love about the album.

2. OoS- Love the first 6 songs, then it loses me towards the end with the exception of Megalomania, overall not as balanced of an album as Absolution. I dont think the songs fit as well together as Absolution IMO.

3. BHaR- Has some of my favorite songs in MotP, Assassin, KoC, TaB, and against common thought, i love Soldiers Poem, i think its beautiful. this album has wonderful songs, but they dont flow very well together and loses the emotions felt in the previous 2 albums.

4. t2L- I think this album is underrated, again it loses emotions, but it has some kickass basslines and guitar riffs like in Supremacy, Panic Station and Liquid State. The only songs I really don't like to listen to is explorers and unsustanable.

5. Showbiz- Solid album overall, but no songs that can match any of the songs on albums like Absolution and OoS

6. TR- I really do not like this album. I do not mind Uprising and Resistance, but UD sounds so cheesy I can't stand it, I like USoE, It is a pretty song, Guiding Light is just a bad song, Unnatural Selection isn't horrible, but I don't like it too much, MK Ultra is ok. IBtY is the cheesiest Muse song, I cannot listen to it, the Bassline is so "childish", matt talking in french is just rediculous, and dont get me started on the bass clarinet solo. The only good song in this album is the Exgenesis Symphonies, they are a masterpiece.

Not quite sure if I was supposed to include t2L, but oh well.

I rate mine like this

Origin

T2L

Absolution

Black Holes

Showbiz

TR

But if BHaR was remastered, I would have that 2nd. It is a great album, but I just can't get past how shitty it sounds at times.

Well, I can handle BHAR, but ZooTV Live album by U2 is probably the worst one out there :LOL: it is fucking completely unlistenable, it has more clipping than BHAR, Death Magnetic and Californication combined, it's really shit. A shame really, it is a fantastic concert, one of their best from the era.

Absolution

Black Holes And Revelations

The Resistance

Origin of Symmetry

Showbiz

The 2nd Law

Quite surprised to see BH&R get less votes than The Resistance in the poll. I thought the general consensus on this board was that The Resistance wasn't the best album, and that BH&R was good.

Production values. And there's a surprising amount of hate for certain songs on that album. A few people have said that a remaster would probably change their opinion of BH&R (and Absolution) quite drastically.

Quite surprised to see BH&R get less votes than The Resistance in the poll. I thought the general consensus on this board was that The Resistance wasn't the best album, and that BH&R was good.

This thread was started shortly after The Resistance was released, so people were still in the honeymoon phase with it.

BHAR still gets my vote.

This thread was started shortly after The Resistance was released, so people were still in the honeymoon phase with it.

BHAR still gets my vote.

Why do these two posts give me a déjà vu feeling.

Production values. And there's a surprising amount of hate for certain songs on that album. A few people have said that a remaster would probably change their opinion of BH&R (and Absolution) quite drastically.

I see songs such as Soldier's Poem and Starlight getting a panning every now and then. For me, I love every song on the album. A remastered version would definitely interest me, and with Absolution.

BHAR still gets my vote.

Fair enough. I remember many boardies raving about it when it was released.

I'm surprised that The Resistance is ahead of BH&R in this poll, since a lot of people on these boards seem to dislike The Resistance (I'm still not sure why though).

Probably because this thread was made just after The Resistance came out. A lot of people were probably still in that 'honeymoon' phase of loving the album because it's just come out before later getting tired of it/letting the record settle (kind of what happened with T2L).

Personally, BHAR is the only other album by Muse that I love aside from OOS. Absolution comes close but it's not quite there.

Oh there's the explanation.

I see songs such as Soldier's Poem and Starlight getting a panning every now and then. For me, I love every song on the album. A remastered version would definitely interest me, and with Absolution.

Fair enough. I remember many boardies raving about it when it was released.

I feel about the same, and agree about the "honeymoon period" with any given album. With T2L I approached it much more warily and I think that contributed to my liking it rather more than TR, but also I feel it was rather misrepresented by the press in terms of its style and tone.

I feel about the same, and agree about the "honeymoon period" with any given album. With T2L I approached it much more warily and I think that contributed to my liking it rather more than TR, but also I feel it was rather misrepresented by the press in terms of its style and tone.

T2L has aged terribly so far while TR has gotten better with age.

Well, I can handle BHAR, but ZooTV Live album by U2 is probably the worst one out there :LOL: it is fucking completely unlistenable, it has more clipping than BHAR, Death Magnetic and Californication combined, it's really shit. A shame really, it is a fantastic concert, one of their best from the era.

Absolution

Black Holes And Revelations

The Resistance

Origin of Symmetry

Showbiz

The 2nd Law

I've always wondered what clipping is? I think I did google it once but didn't really get any wiser.

I've been reading that people would enjoy BH&R more if the production were better. Could someone explain to me what they mean by this. I'm sorry I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject of producing an album. I've read that the drums sound weak on Take a Bow and Map when they shouldn't. Other than what is wrong with the production? I do think T2L sounds amazing compared to it however. Is that all everyone's talking about when he they mention BH&R's poor production?

I've always wondered what clipping is? I think I did google it once but didn't really get any wiser.

I've been reading that people would enjoy BH&R more if the production were better. Could someone explain to me what they mean by this. I'm sorry I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject of producing an album. I've read that the drums sound weak on Take a Bow and Map when they shouldn't. Other than what is wrong with the production? I do think T2L sounds amazing compared to it however. Is that all everyone's talking about when he they mention BH&R's poor production?

Usually when people criticize BH&R's production they usually mean the "sonics" of the album, or the sound quality of the album. (not related to the songwriting, etc.) When you listen to an album like The 2nd Law, the songs may not be as "good" as the ones on Black Holes, but the quality of the sound is much higher. It's just one of those things that once you hear, you can't un-hear. This problem affects Muse's first four albums, but Black Holes is the strongest example.

Archived