What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Muse's best album is Origin of Symmetry. It's always been my favorite, simply because it's perfect in every single way. Origin of Symmetry is Muse's magnum opus; even though all of their albums are great, Muse never really topped Origin of Symmetry, in my opinion. Origin of Symmetry has everything: great guitar work, emotion, innovation, excellent basslines, solid drumming, insane vocals, diversity, experimentation and great production. Origin of Symmetry is one of my top 10 albums of all time, I will never tire of it.

My least favorite.....good question. I like all of Muse's albums; I can't choose, simply because all of them are awesome. However, I'll have to go with the Resistance as my least favorite. It's still a very good album, but it comes off as forced and generic at times. Muse sort of lost their direction with the album at times, and it shows in some parts of the album.

Nice. Welcome :)

Went back and revisited all of Muse's albums so I think it's appropriate to make a new list.

Origin Of Symmetry

Absolution

Black Holes & Revolutions

Showbiz

The 2nd Law

The Resistance

Top two are still superb albums. Both incredibly strong from start to finish. Origin edges out Abso a bit, but not by much.

Black Holes is flawed in places, but still a good album. Most of it is solid. My only real issue with the album (aside from the production) is the middle of the album (Invincible-Assassin-Exo Politics). Invincible and Exo Politics are poor songs and Assassin is too short. The rest of it I'm fine with, even the poppy songs like SMBH and Starlight.

I could live without most songs on the bottom three albums. The 2nd Law has definitely gotten worse for me since it's release; it still has a few good songs (Panic Station, Animals) but some songs like Explorers, Survival, and Big Freeze are downright awful. It's still a bit better than The Resistance though.

Muse's best album is Origin of Symmetry. It's always been my favorite, simply because it's perfect in every single way. Origin of Symmetry is Muse's magnum opus; even though all of their albums are great, Muse never really topped Origin of Symmetry, in my opinion. Origin of Symmetry has everything: great guitar work, emotion, innovation, excellent basslines, solid drumming, insane vocals, diversity, experimentation and great production. Origin of Symmetry is one of my top 10 albums of all time, I will never tire of it.

My least favorite.....good question. I like all of Muse's albums; I can't choose, simply because all of them are awesome. However, I'll have to go with the Resistance as my least favorite. It's still a very good album, but it comes off as forced and generic at times. Muse sort of lost their direction with the album at times, and it shows in some parts of the album.

I'll always argue in favour of Absolution as their best, but Origin's snuck up to joint no.2 with BH&R for me and your reasoning's good. Plus I agree with your points on The Resistance (didn't help that thanks to magazine features I was expecting something more aggressive and apocalyptic), nice to have you on board :)

I'll always argue in favour of Absolution as their best, but Origin's snuck up to joint no.2 with BH&R for me and your reasoning's good. Plus I agree with your points on The Resistance (didn't help that thanks to magazine features I was expecting something more aggressive and apocalyptic), nice to have you on board :)

Absolution is definitely a strong contender for Muse's best album. Absolution has heavy metal, progressive rock, experimental stuff, classical music, emotion, some of the best guitar work that I've ever heard, and a very good flow. Additionally, Absolution has....a dance-pop song, in the form of Endlessly. Absokution is one of the best albums of the 2000s, in my opinion. However, I personally think that BH&R is a great album, it's Muse at their most polished and accessible. BH&R also has Queen influences. :D Also, thanks for the warm welcome.

Absolution is definitely a strong contender for Muse's best album. Absolution has heavy metal, progressive rock, experimental stuff, classical music, emotion, some of the best guitar work that I've ever heard, and a very good flow.

Absolution is probably their worst flowing album, tied with T2L :LOL: Also, I'm not sure what you're on about when you say there's experimental stuff on the album.

Absolution is probably their worst flowing album, tied with T2L :LOL: Also, I'm not sure what you're on about when you say there's experimental stuff on the album.

Absolution DOESN'T flow very well? Huh, never thought about that. I thought that it had a pretty good flow. However, Endlessly comes out of nowhere, it sort of destroys the overall feel of the album. And yet, Endlessly is one of my favorite Muse songs. :p Also, certain parts of Absolution come off as experimental to me. For example, Interlude is basically a really short adaptation of a classical music piece, buried in a fuzzy, shoegaze-ish atmosphere. I STILL wonder how Muse managed to pull that off. Additionally, there are the verses of Sing for Absolution, they have some odd stuff. Particularly the guitars, they sound very psychedelic. Furthermore, there are those weird sound in the verses of Falling Away With You, I don't know how Muse did that.

Absolution DOESN'T flow very well? Huh, never thought about that. I thought that it had a pretty good flow. However, Endlessly comes out of nowhere, it sort of destroys the overall feel of the album. And yet, Endlessly is one of my favorite Muse songs. :p Also, certain parts of Absolution come off as experimental to me. For example, Interlude is basically a really short adaptation of a classical music piece, buried in a fuzzy, shoegaze-ish atmosphere. I STILL wonder how Muse managed to pull that off. Additionally, there are the verses of Sing for Absolution, they have some odd stuff. Particularly the guitars, they sound very psychedelic. Furthermore, there are those weird sound in the verses of Falling Away With You, I don't know how Muse did that.

not sure if trolling

I'm sure you'll "educate" him soon enough. I don't have a problem with the flow of Absolution at all, to be honest.

So I assume you forget about The Small Print into Endlessly into TOADA into Ruled By Secrecy everytime you listen to the album?

Tbh I think B&H into TSP is the worst. So jarring.

Yeah that too but for me those 4 songs in a row are just incredible. What were they thinking :LOL:

Weeell... I overlook it because I love the songs, really.

That's a bit silly to do though.

How is that silly?

I actually don't mind the flow on Abso, if I skip FAWY and Endlessly.

1) saying that you don't see any flow problem in abso

2) saying "well I overlook it because I love the songs" when they show you the flow problems in abso

That is silly.

So I assume you forget about The Small Print into Endlessly into TOADA into Ruled By Secrecy everytime you listen to the album?

Good point. Those songs don't flow very well. Absolution doesn't flow very well at times, but the songs are excellent, so I can deal with that. Also, I apologize if that post I made about Absolution's experimental stuff came off as a troll post. I was expressing my actual opinions, but I did not word them correctly.

1) saying that you don't see any flow problem in abso

2) saying "well I overlook it because I love the songs" when they show you the flow problems in abso

That is silly.

1) He didn't say that. ("I don't have a problem with the flow" =/= Abso doesn't have flow problems)

2) No, flow problems doesn't matter that much to him, because he really likes the songs.

Good point. Those songs don't flow very well. Absolution doesn't flow very well at times, but the songs are excellent, so I can deal with that. Also, I apologize if that post I made about Absolution's experimental stuff came off as a troll post. I was expressing my actual opinions, but I did not word them correctly.

Don't worry, it's just that "I don't know how they pulled it off!" part that confused me :LOL:

Archived