What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Origin of Symmetry

The Resistance

Black Holes & Revelations

The 2nd Law

Absolution

Showbiz

I still find The Resistance one of Muse's finest albums. :phu:

Absolution has many of my favorite songs (SS, Blackout, Butterflies, Ruled by secrecy, Sfa, Endlessly, etc.), but I think it doesn't really work as a whole. Either because of the tracklist order, production or my ears.

Origin Of Symmetry

Absolution

The 2nd Law

The Resistance

Showbiz

:stunned:

Absolution

Origin of Symmetry

The 2nd Law

Hullabaloo (if you count the b-sides as an album)

The Resistance

Showbiz

:(

Origin of Symmetry

Absolution

The 2nd Law

The Resistance

Showbiz

:'(

I still put Showbiz over The Resistance. The high points of the album are just enough to overpass it for me.

Yeah, I used to think the same but I guess TR has grown on me a bit. The only real downsides on that album are Resistance and Guiding Light, the rest is decent to great. Showbiz has a lot more 'meh' on it imo, as well as the 3 or so shit songs.

I'd say it's impossible to rank Muse's albums. They all have those fantastic moments, but to distinguish a particular album above another is tough.

However, a lot of it for me is memories. I grew up on Showbiz and Origin so hold them (particularly Showbiz) in higher regard than most. To hear Origin in its entirity in 2011 was a real treat. I'd love a bit more of Showbiz live rather than just Unintended, but I guess it wouldn't be a particular crowd pleaser.

T2L is a 50/50 album, some good parts, some average parts but no song has ever slapped me in the face and grabbed my attention as much as Supremacy did the first day I heard it.

I'm rambling, but what I'm trying to say is we're lucky enough to have been blessed with 7 great albums by a great band.

Yeah, I used to think the same but I guess TR has grown on me a bit. The only real downsides on that album are Resistance and Guiding Light, the rest is decent to great. Showbiz has a lot more 'meh' on it imo, as well as the 3 or so shit songs.

Those are some of the worst moments for me, but the rest just died down so much since the first time I heard it a few years ago. It's like they're trying to be big and yet hold back and it makes the whole thing seem dull. Production-wise also I found everything sounding kinda weak and stale especially when hearing some of the split tracks. I mentioned before quite a bit that one of the things I liked on the recent album was that it was like they took off the restraints and shame that seemed to hold them back.

Showbiz I consider I very average album overall, but TR happens to be the only Muse album I actually find below average.

I have TR over Showbiz because of the way the album ends. I'm not a fan of Resistance and GL just as much as the next person, and really do enjoy a lot of moments from Showbiz, MM, Cave, Showbiz, but I find the three Exogenesis Symphony songs amazing,quite the unique way to close an album, and further shows Matt's crazy talent.

Those are some of the worst moments for me, but the rest just died down so much since the first time I heard it a few years ago. It's like they're trying to be big and yet hold back and it makes the whole thing seem dull. Production-wise also I found everything sounding kinda weak and stale especially when hearing some of the split tracks. I mentioned before quite a bit that one of the things I liked on the recent album was that it was like they took off the restraints and shame that seemed to hold them back.

Showbiz I consider I very average album overall, but TR happens to be the only Muse album I actually find below average.

How does one get split tracks? Is there a link for it or do you have software to do it?

How does one get split tracks? Is there a link for it or do you have software to do it?

There's a link for it somewhere. I found them off musebootlegs I think and the individual ones are scattered around muselive.

It's only Uprising and Resistance for TR I believe, due to Guitar Hero rips. I don't know if Unnatural Selection was multitracked for Rocksmith, or if it's even attainable if it was.

I have TR over Showbiz because of the way the album ends. I'm not a fan of Resistance and GL just as much as the next person, and really do enjoy a lot of moments from Showbiz, MM, Cave, Showbiz, but I find the three Exogenesis Symphony songs amazing,quite the unique way to close an album, and further shows Matt's crazy talent.

Nicely put.

Muse's best album is Origin of Symmetry. It's always been my favorite, simply because it's perfect in every single way. Origin of Symmetry is Muse's magnum opus; even though all of their albums are great, Muse never really topped Origin of Symmetry, in my opinion. Origin of Symmetry has everything: great guitar work, emotion, innovation, excellent basslines, solid drumming, insane vocals, diversity, experimentation and great production. Origin of Symmetry is one of my top 10 albums of all time, I will never tire of it.

My least favorite.....good question. I like all of Muse's albums; I can't choose, simply because all of them are awesome. However, I'll have to go with the Resistance as my least favorite. It's still a very good album, but it comes off as forced and generic at times. Muse sort of lost their direction with the album at times, and it shows in some parts of the album.

Archived