What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

That remark doesn't even begin to work. For one thing, the improvement in production and mastering is really noticeable on T2L. I think BH&R would be much better appreciated with a good remastering job.

Confused by the dislike of that album, it's still one of my favourites.

I'm surprised that The Resistance is ahead of BH&R in this poll, since a lot of people on these boards seem to dislike The Resistance (I'm still not sure why though).

BH&R had bad production but it's a really great album imo. It still had those Absolution ideas but wasn't all out music-wise like TR.

I'm surprised that The Resistance is ahead of BH&R in this poll, since a lot of people on these boards seem to dislike The Resistance (I'm still not sure why though).

Probably because this thread was made just after The Resistance came out. A lot of people were probably still in that 'honeymoon' phase of loving the album because it's just come out before later getting tired of it/letting the record settle (kind of what happened with T2L).

Personally, BHAR is the only other album by Muse that I love aside from OOS. Absolution comes close but it's not quite there.

BH&R's problems for me are similar to Californication's, though to a lesser degree. It jumps out of crappy earphones, but when you listen to it with better earphones the mix rather deadens the impact of it- particularly Take A Bow and MotP, where the drums should be huge but are instead squashed in with everything else.

So if BHaR's production is so shit, why did they let it get made that way? I'm obviously not an audiophile, and I don't know anything about production, but even I can tell it sounds a bit muddy. Presumably there were professionals making the album, so how come no one noticed?

In b4 :logic:

Furygirl- Worse mastering jobs have been done with bigger bands. Californication and Death Magnetic are certainly worse offenders- see the contrast videos on youtube using the un-bollocksed Guitar Hero versions of the songs on the DM. As I understand it, it's to do with making the sound "louder" on shitty hardware or at a low volume by making every instrument sound roughly equal to one another. Most people blame it on studio pressure.

Probably because this thread was made just after The Resistance came out. A lot of people were probably still in that 'honeymoon' phase of loving the album because it's just come out before later getting tired of it/letting the record settle (kind of what happened with T2L).

Hmm I can see that. For me, TR is the most easily accessible Muse album. Like when I first started getting into Muse, TR was my favorite album right off the bat, but the other albums just took more time to grow on me and now several of them have passed it on my favorites list. TR and Abso are still the only albums that I'll usually listen to all the way through without skipping, but most of my favorite individual songs are on OoS, BH&R, and T2L.

Edit: fixed the AoS typo

I love all Muse albums, but if I had to put them in order:

1. Origin Of Symmetry

2. Absolution

3. Black Holes And Revelations

4. The Resistance

5. Showbiz

Some of the songs on other albums haven't quite grown on me yet, so this list could potentially change.

I love all Muse albums, but if I had to put them in order:

1. Origin Of Symmetry

2. Absolution

3. Black Holes And Revelations

4. The Resistance

5. Showbiz

Some of the songs on other albums haven't quite grown on me yet, so this list could potentially change.

The 2nd Law?

Archived