What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Tbh I still don't know how to rate T2L. :chuckle:

Sometimes I want to rate it above OoS, but then I think 'oh fuck no, it's OoS' and sometimes I even think it's not that good at all and want to rate it number 4 or 5. But I don't really know how to rate the older albums either :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

1.Abso

2.BHAR

3.OoS

4.T2L

5.TR

6.Showbiz

EDIT:Although, I'm a bit torn between T2L and TR. Overall, I was so very disappointed with TR but have learned to really like it. T2L I immediately liked and it has many more clear highlights. However it has more duds as well and some really terrible production choices, so argument could be made that actually TR>T2L, for me. However, since T2L is the album I much more seem to reach for, this is the order.

Abso=OoS>BH&R>T2L=Showbiz>TR

Hmm, interesting that you rank Showbiz above TR and tied with T2L. Well, it has the highest score of any Muse album on Pitchfork so maybe you are on to something :)

For me it's just still struggle, even after all these years, to remember the songs on the latter half of the album. Like if someone says "Overdue" I can't think of what song that is. I can't right now, actually.

Not enough BH&R love.

Agreed.

As always, production quality and production choices are the reasons why

I always find this baffling, I mean it doesn't sound offensive to my ears and at least it's not literal remakes of other bands' sounds.

Absolution ~ OOS

BHAR

The 2nd Law

The Resistance

Showbiz

For me it's just still struggle, even after all these years, to remember the songs on the latter half of the album. Like if someone says "Overdue" I can't think of what song that is. I can't right now, actually.

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU KNOW THAT I CARE

Ring any bells? :p

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU KNOW THAT I CARE

Ring any bells? :p

Nope, it doesn't!

All this Showbiz hate...

No hate from me, I love four songs on it, couple are okay, rest are just utterly forgettable.

But not the songs themselves.

Aren't we rating albums here? I include production when I rate an album. :phu: With "production choices" I also mean tracklist order and choices of songs that ended on the album (Easily and Glorious should have made it, Soldier's Poem and Invincible shouldn't have)

Hmm, interesting that you rank Showbiz above TR and tied with T2L. Well, it has the highest score of any Muse album on Pitchfork so maybe you are on to something :)

I always find this baffling, I mean it doesn't sound offensive to my ears and at least it's not literal remakes of other bands' sounds.

Implying that agreeing with Pitchfork means "being on to something"?

And the fact that you can't hear it doesn't mean that others can't. And "production" isn't just how loud and crisp you can hear drums and how good the mastering is.

Who cares about the "remakes of other bands' sounds" thing? I don't. I judge a song regardless of how similar to another song is. I like a song or I don't like a song.

Archived