What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

OoS has awesome songs definitely. Citizen Erased, New Born, etc. But I find myself skipping plenty of songs from it. Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, SD, and others. To me I love an album that I can listen to over and over. OoS has brilliant moments like in SD and Megalomania for sure...but I don't find myself constantly listening to it. Don't really hear them that much honestly. :(

Same goes Abso. I used to think it was my favorite album until I heard it through it's entirety. Some tracks don't cut it. Kind of weird. lol I thought BH&R had more of a replay value.....

Prepared....just in case :stunned:

OoS has awesome songs definitely. Citizen Erased, New Born, etc. But I find myself skipping plenty of songs from it. Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, SD, and others. To me I love an album that I can listen to over and over. OoS has brilliant moments like in SD and Megalomania for sure...but I don't find myself constantly listening to it. Don't really hear them that much honestly. :(

Wait ... you skip SD but then you call it one of the brilliant moments?

I think OOS deserves all the praise it gets. Absolution's the one I think is overrated, if any. OOS is one of my favourite albums of all time, if not my very favourite.

Reality > Common opinion > Your opinion

or to say in another way

Reality =/= Your opinion

Absolution doesn't get as much praise as OOS, but it is equally good (at least)... imo :LOL:

Reality > Common opinion > Your opinion

or to say in another way

Reality =/= Your opinion

Absolution doesn't get as much praise as OOS, but it is equally good (at least)... imo :LOL:

"I think"x2

"my favourite"

What I'm doing? Oh I'm just pointing out all the times he made it clear that it was his very personal opinion.

Also, what the hell is "reality"? Apparently it's better than the common opinion, so please enlighten me on what reality has to say about what the best Muse album is.

Also, what the hell is "reality"? Apparently it's better than the common opinion, so please enlighten me on what reality has to say about what the best Muse album is.

I came back to this thread just to point this out. You got here first though.

/Sippe'd

Hm, I don't really know what reality is... If I knew that I wouldn't have an opinion anymore. It's just something beyond human understanding, or something like that, I'd say. But somehow there has to be some measurable quality of music for different purposes I think. Well, on the other hand not, because it's another feeling for every person who listens to the music, but... well.. at least some kind of objective guess.

It's not a flight of fancy that classical music is high-rated. You can study music, and you don't do that for fun. You can rate music based on objective standards. At least to some point. Somehow... circa..

Hm, I don't really know what reality is... If I knew that I wouldn't have an opinion anymore. It's just something beyond human understanding, or something like that, I'd say. But somehow there has to be some measurable quality of music for different purposes I think. Well, on the other hand not, because it's another feeling for every person who listens to the music, but... well.. at least some kind of objective guess.

It's not a flight of fancy that classical music is high-rated. You can study music, and you don't do that for fun. You can rate music based on objective standards. At least to some point. Somehow... circa..

Music theory and studies is nothing more than tools to explain music. It doesn't rate it. Studies can say that this and that has a high chance of pleasing many people. You can't possibly judge whether something is objectively better than something else. What is music without subjectively? It's notes played by a certain rhythm in a certain tempo. Is a faster tempo better? A more complex rhythm? certain combination of notes?

Anyone who thinks they can objectively judge music needs to get their head out of their ass.

And that reality is beyond human understanding is also a funny view of things. In a way it's right because nothing we ever do or feel or experience is without the tools we use to experience it. We can't experience anything without letting our own mind influence it. So in a way, we can't really experience reality, because we will always see it in our own way.

But if that's your opinion then it seems like a weird thing to mention in a post like that...

Music theory and studies is nothing more than tools to explain music. It doesn't rate it. Studies can say that this and that has a high chance of pleasing many people. You can't possibly judge whether something is objectively better than something else.

You basically got all my points right. Also the parts I shortened in the quote. I totally agree with you. I just expressed myself in a rather unlucky way in my fist post, I think I may have been misunderstood (for some obvious reasons, that's my fault).

I do like to debate on reality, deities and stuff, but no worries, I have other (better) places for that :LOL:

You basically got all my points right. Also the parts I shortened in the quote. I totally agree with you. I just expressed myself in a rather unlucky way in my fist post, I think I may have been misunderstood (for some obvious reasons, that's my fault).

I do like to debate on reality, deities and stuff, but no worries, I have other (better) places for that :LOL:

But then, wouldn't reality = your opinion?

There is no objective way of judging music overall, so therefore the only way you can ever judge music is by your view on it. Obviously this reality is only relevant to yourself.

But then, wouldn't reality = your opinion?

There is no objective way of judging music overall, so therefore the only way you can ever judge music is by your view on it. Obviously this reality is only relevant to yourself.

Wait... Why?

I don't mean subjective reality, so it's not anyones opinion.

Wait... Why?

I don't mean subjective reality, so it's not anyones opinion.

But the is no such thing as objective reality in terms of quality of music. You can't just say that there is probably some objective reality out there that we can't grasp.

But the is no such thing as objective reality in terms of quality of music. You can't just say that there is probably some objective reality out there that we can't grasp.

You can't say that there isn't one either... We just can't say/see/know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived