What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

"It would be interesting to see if those who rate OoS and Abso highly are the older musers for whom these albums bring back some sort of nostalgia and the emotions of being young teenagers listening to these albums or if there are some new musers who aren't teenagers who rate OoS above the others."

Hi. I am an older Muser, however, I didn't discover them until about three years ago. OoS and Absolution are my top two, T2L is edging its way in with TR as number 3. The appeal to Oos for me is solely the masterpiece of the music, lyrics, and vocals. As a whole, it gives me the feel I am looking for in music. Enough musicality to keep my brain engaged, enough vocal prowess and dynamic to hit my heart. Absolution for me, as a singer, is absolute GOLD.

Overall, what I like about Muse is their ability to convey a story, or an emotional response via the sounds either coming out of Matt's mouth, or out of the combination of instruments. Where lyrics don't convey, the music takes over and finishes the phrase. There are times, particularly on Oos and Absolution where you can't tell if it's Matt or his guitar...I LOVE that. I want the music I listen to to evoke an emotional response, hit me hard in the gut, and carry me through a range of experiences and feelings. Muse does this for me in EVERY album, but particularly through my top two. Various songs off the others do it for me as well, but those two, and increasingly, T2L do it to me as a WHOLE. That's why they are in my top 2.

1.Origin of Symmetry

2. Absolution

3. The Resistance/The 2nd Law

4. Showbiz

5. Black Holes and Revelations

After the first "euphoria" i must say:

it's not the best Muse Album, the record is sooner for me dissapointing..

Ace:

Supremacy

Very good:

Survival

Good:

Madness

Unsustainable

Animals

Panic Station

Filler:

The Rest

My list:

1.BH&R

2.Resistance

3.Absolution

4.OOS

5.2nd Law

6.Showbiz

It would be interesting to see if those who rate OoS and Abso highly are the older musers for whom these albums bring back some sort of nostalgia and the emotions of being young teenagers listening to these albums or if there are some new musers who aren't teenagers who rate OoS above the others. Nothing that anyone brings out will ever top those two for me because they were important in my formative years and got me through the silly ups and downs of teenage life so I'm much more emotionally attached to them than other albums but I don't know what I'd feel listening to them all for the first time now. No doubt this subject has been discussed before on these boards though so I'll just shut up now... OoS rules :)

I'm a new Muser, somewhere in my 20s. I started listening to them in 2008.

1. Origin of Symmetry

2. Absolution

3. Black Holes and Reveleations

4. Showbiz

5. The 2nd Law

9. The Resistance

After the first "euphoria" i must say:

it's not the best Muse Album, the record is sooner for me dissapointing..

Ace:

Supremacy

Very good:

Survival

Good:

Madness

Unsustainable

Animals

Panic Station

Filler:

The Rest

My list:

1.BH&R

2.Resistance

3.Absolution

4.OOS

5.2nd Law

6.Showbiz

I agree almost entirely with the ranking of songs in the 2nd law. I-d say for me:

Ace:

Supremacy, Survival, Panic Station

Good/Very good:

Animals, Unsustainable, Liquid State

The rest... meh.

About ranking of the albums i disagree entirely though.

For me:

1 - Origin of Symmetry

1 (yes 2 nr 1) - Showbiz

3 - Absolution

4 - Black Holes

5 - 2nd law

6 - Resistance

FOR ME (In order):

Ace, Top 10 material: Nothing

Very Good: Prelude+Survival, Supremacy

Good: Panic Station, Madness, Unsustainable

Nice only because it's something different: Isolated System, Save Me, Follow Me, Animals

No likey: Liquid State, Explorers, Big Freeze

I think I've got a definite order now:

Origin Of Symmetry

The 2nd Law

Black Holes & Revelations

(Hullabaloo)

Showbiz

Absolution

The Resistance

T2L does beat BHAR by a hair and I've just realised that I like Showbiz a fair bit more than Absolution.

I think I've got a definite order now:

Origin Of Symmetry

The 2nd Law

Black Holes & Revelations

(Hullabaloo)

Showbiz

Absolution

The Resistance

T2L does beat BHAR by a hair and I've just realised that I like Showbiz a fair bit more than Absolution.

Abso is too low :supersad:

I agree for T2L being second though :yesey:

Showbiz is half great half shit, BH&R is lower than Abso c'mon :(

Apocalypse, Stockholm, Hysteria, Blackout, B&H, TSP, Endlessly (ENDLESSLY :supersad:), Fury, Ruled by Secrecy!

The only songs I think are shit from Showbiz are Escape and Overdue though. BHAR has some great tunes on it, just about all of which shit all over most of Abso for me :p Not sure why, I just find a lot of Abso a bit boring (apart from SS, RBS, Blackout and maybe Endlessly and B&H) and Fury doesn't count :phu:

The only songs I think are shit from Showbiz are Escape and Overdue though. BHAR has some great tunes on it, just about all of which shit all over most of Abso for me :p Not sure why, I just find a lot of Abso a bit boring (apart from SS, RBS, Blackout and maybe Endlessly and B&H) and Fury doesn't count :phu:

The Showbiz I listen to on iTunes is

Sunburn

Muscle Museum

Cave

Showbiz

Do We Need This?

Uno

Jimmy Kane

Host

Con-Science

Spiral Static

HTAILY