What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Showbiz is pretty much for die hard fans, they're more raw and you can tell from their earlier days. This album has the least songs I like personally because lots of them are really immature.

Resistance is the only album I can listen to on repeat, it just feels more evolved than the rest and does less stupid stuff. I think the only cringe worthy song on this album is I belong to you because Matt tries to sing in French and doesn't quite pull it off. However Uprising is such a big hit for Muse, it's one that everyone likes and this album is more toned down for everyone to like.

Saying all that I really cannot pick one from Origin, Absolution or Black holes. They all have sequel amount of Muse's best songs spread over these albums and are all as good as each other. On top of that these are albums are the ones that EVERYONE loves to hear live. My friends hate Muse but came to Reading to see them Live this year and loved them. The songs on these albums are the ones that proved to be their favourites.

Absolution (Even though it flows horribly in some places, and there is some filler, it was still my first Muse album and has a lot of my favourite songs on it.)

OOS

The Resistance

- Unlike everyone else, I find this album to actually flow really well. Better than the scattered Absolution and BH&R. Although BH&R has mostly better songs, I don't like it particularly in its album form.

Black Holes & Revelations

Showbiz

• 2 months later...

1. BH&R

2. OoS

3. the resistance

4. absolution

5. hullabaloo (i feel like this should be included!!)

5. showbiz

i am surprised that everyone likes absolution so much and that so many people are not big fans of BH&R.... gahh i love bh&r.

also, the resistance USED to be my least favorite album. it took a lot of time for it to grow on me....

Goodness, it's been a while since I've posted (seriously) on MM! hello, all!

1. tie between Black Holes - now I don't think the songs on here are all the best, this is definitely the most solid album for me. I can listen through it numerous times without getting bored, and the songs always tend to stick with me throughout my day. Even though I don't think it's their most impressive album, it's probably my favorite just because it's so catchy and fun to listen to.

Origin - this one has a special place in my heart for me, because it's the first good album I ever bought. "New Born" was my first Muse song ever, and it pretty much made the bridge for my prepubescent self into a happier life and good music. While I like all of the songs, I find myself skipping over "Micro Cuts" and "Screenager". I definitely think this is probably the most impressive album of theirs. This is what defines Muse for me.

2. Absolution - it was so close to making a three-way tie for first, but the reason it doesn't is because even though it's a beautiful album, it doesn't flow very nicely. I absolutely adore most of the songs on there, but all together they seem a little...bland? but when you separate them they are gorgeous. do you guys know what I mean? :LOL: I probably listen to this one more than I do OoS, but it's second because it's not as interesting.

3. The Resistance - like Absolution, this one doesn't flow very nicely. all of my favorite songs are at the beginning (Uprising, Resistance, UD) and the end (MK Ultra, Exo). the ones in the middle are still good, but I don't think they compliment each other well. this album seemed to build up to be spectacular and like nothing we've ever heard before, but it didn't live up to it's build-up. I still love it, but can't help but feel a little disappointed.

4. Showbiz - oh Showbiz, how I love you so. you're like a child to me. however, even though I love you so much, you're last because you are just that - a child. even though I love most of your songs (okay, I'm going to stop with the "love most of its songs" because muse is one of my fave bands, so of course I'm going to love most of their songs), they don't hold a candle to your successors. but don't think I don't love you! you're the only record I have in vinyl, so you're very special and dear to me.

Woah, this is pretty much me exactly. Except for the skipping Micro Cuts and Screenager part... those two are my favorites on Origin.

1. BH&R

2. OoS

3. the resistance

4. absolution

5. hullabaloo (i feel like this should be included!!)

5. showbiz

i am surprised that everyone likes absolution so much and that so many people are not big fans of BH&R.... gahh i love bh&r.

also, the resistance USED to be my least favorite album. it took a lot of time for it to grow on me....

You, sir, are insane. Absolution is their best album.

• 2 weeks later...

Origin of Symmetry!

All albuns are great, but OoS is special. I love every damn track of the album, it's perfect. The album of my life! :D

Origin of Symmetry

-

-

-

-

-

Black Holes & Revelations / Absolution

Showbiz

The Resistance

I put The Resistence in last but I still think it's an awsome album: USE, UN, MK and mainly Exo's, that are all 3 master pieces, are all great tracks. ;)

• 7 months later...
1. Hullabaloo, epic, muse playing their best material

2. Origin of Symmetry

3. Showbiz, simply great album

4. Absolution

5. Black Holes & Revelations

6. The Resistance

I agree soooo much!!!! I always like to have Hullabaloo and OOS at the top. They just left the level of ambition and complexity found here. I also keep Abso and Blakey together (although I prefer Abso...). I found the Resistance to be weak. No appeal as an album. Certainly lacks the integrity found in all other albums (even Blackey). I just like United States of Eurasia, MK Ultra, and Exogenesis...

1. Absolution — Completely enthralling from start to finish. Okay fine, there's one minor hiccup in the form of "The Small Print", but other than that, this is definitely my favorite album of Muse. Notable tracks: Stockholm Syndrome, Falling Away with You, Hysteria, Sing for Absolution, Apocalypse Please, Butterflies & Hurricanes

2. Origin of Symmetry — An absolutely brilliant sophomore attempt. A definite, undeniable improvement over the first. Notable tracks: Plug In Baby, Space Dementia, Micro Cuts, Megalomania, New Born

3. Black Holes & Revelations — A decent continuation after Muse's epic win, has a fair share of amazing songs, but weighed down by some mediocre tracks. Notable tracks: Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Invincible, Take a Bow, Knights of Cydonia

4. The Resistance — Very Queen-inspired, and has a few powerful songs, but overall somewhat lacking in greatness. Brave attempt of Muse to attempt instrumental-heavy tracks, but heavy on merely mediocre songs. Notable tracks: I Belong to You + Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix, Exogenesis: Symphony, United States of Eurasia

5. Showbiz — A good start for the band. Has a few really awesome tracks of high repeatability rate. Notable tracks: Uno, Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Showbiz

I agree soooo much!!!! I always like to have Hullabaloo and OOS at the top. They just left the level of ambition and complexity found here. I also keep Abso and Blakey together (although I prefer Abso...). I found the Resistance to be weak. No appeal as an album. Certainly lacks the integrity found in all other albums (even Blackey). I just like United States of Eurasia, MK Ultra, and Exogenesis...

You call Black Holes & Revelations 'Blackey'?

...okay.

Album Ranking and 3 tracks to download:

1. Absolution: 5/5 ----- Pretty much a perfect album. There's not one song I skip. (Download: Stockholm Syndrome, Blackout, Hysteria)

2. Origin of Symmetry: 5/5 ------Another album that is virtually perfect. The only song I sometimes skip is Screenager. (Download: New Born, Citizen Erased, Plug In Baby)

3. The Resistance: 5/5 ------ I've never understood why this album gets such a bad rap from the "muser" community. Exogenesis is a masterpiece, Resistance is one of the bands best songs, Uprising is a rousing song to play live, Unnatural selection is 7 minutes of pure awesomeness, MK Ultra rocks my socks off every time I listen to it and although its kind of 80's cheese I've always LOVED Guiding Light. Come on folks!!! (Download: Exogenesis Parts 1, 2, 3, Resistance, Unnatural Selection)

4. Black Holes and Revelations: 4.5/5 ---- The only thing that keeps me from giving this a 5 is that Soldier's Poem and Exo-politics are kind of meh for me. Some of there best songs are on BH&R though. (Download: Knights of Cydonia, Starlight, Map of the Problematique)

5. Showbiz: 3.5/5 ------ Great first album, it just can't stand up to their later work. (Download: Sunburn, Cave, Unintended)

Pretty darn good catalogue overall. It will be interesting to see where The 2nd Law fits in. I love Madness and Survival but i'm not too keen on Unsustainable. So far 4/5 for me based off just 3 songs (4 if you include Prelude).

Archived