Best Track on The Resistance

Jimmyneutron

Which is the best track on The Resistance?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best track on The Resistance?

• Uprising
    • Resistance
    • Undisclosed Desires
    • United States of Eurasia
    • Guiding Light
    • Unnatural Selection
    • MK Ultra
    • I Belong to You
    • Exogenesis

So what about a sign or hashtag for "Exogenesis" live then? :D

If they were to do it, I reckon they'd only do it with an orchestra, which I can't see them getting a hold of anytime soon. Maybe at a special one-off gig like Elbow's BBC Orchestra gig or Portishead at Roseland, NYC in '98. I can see them doing something like that eventually but even then, Matt might be afraid of fucking up even more.

I'd rather not see it though tbh, I reckon it'd be boring.

If they were to do it, I reckon they'd only do it with an orchestra, which I can't see them getting a hold of anytime soon. Maybe at a special one-off gig like Elbow's BBC Orchestra gig or Portishead at Roseland, NYC in '98. I can see them doing something like that eventually but even then, Matt might be afraid of fucking up even more.

I'd rather not see it though tbh, I reckon it'd be boring.

Would love them to do a gig at the Royal Albert Hall with full orchestra backing, could do one off versions of some songs. Hearing Exo live (in full) would be brilliant

I recall Serj Tankian doing a gig with an orchestra backing and it sounded amazing.

My gut says Unnatural Selection because of personal taste. That was the song that really hooked me on Muse. I remember being in the car with my dad listening to The Resistance as he's a big fan and I liked the sound of USoE and then after that US came on.

I'd heard Muse before (New Born, KoC, Invincible, SMBH) but for some reason US just really got into my head and from then I was in.

I really do appreciate how good Exo is though, a magnificent piece of music that I love listening to but would go with US an my best for my explained reason above.

• 4 months later...
I like Guiding Light better than US. Much better. Even counting the bridge bit that I actually enjoyed live.

MK had massive potential, but - like most of the album - lacks any energy or emotion vocally and puts me off majorly.

Couldn't agree more - I like it but it's very 'cold', for lack of a better term.

Archived