So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?

• Best song on the album.
    • Er.. I mean it's okay. It may grow on me.
    • I can't wait to hear the rest of that guitar solo!!!
    • What the fuck @ 80s style production?
    • I hate it.

muse has to progress. they've kinda thrown back to their showbiz/origin days, but i don't know why people are expecting another Absolution. Matt Bellamy is a modern Roger Waters or David Bowie, and he will keep changing and raising the stakes on his music no matter what. yeah, it's different, but you can't expect the band to be the same forever.

I, for one, am looking forward to the completion of that epic solo.

LOLNO

muse has to progress. they've kinda thrown back to their showbiz/origin days, but i don't know why people are expecting another Absolution. Matt Bellamy is a modern Roger Waters or David Bowie, and he will keep changing and raising the stakes on his music no matter what. yeah, it's different, but you can't expect the band to be the same forever.

I, for one, am looking forward to the completion of that epic solo.

Only terrible at lyrics :p

I actually quite like the solo of this song (what we can hear of it anyway), the rest seems a bit meh...

Diss diss diss.

I don't like the 80s. :phu:

Rainy, how can you say that? You weren't even around! If you were, you would've been wearing leg warmers and dayglo socks I bet. Well, maybe you don't like the music, but at the time you might've.

I <3 the '80s. :happy: I guess that's why some of Muse's Depeche Modey stuff sounds good to me.

Walloping bass and drums mimic a heartbeat of this pumping love song and Bellamy wails on the top strings of his guitar. "You are my guiding light!" he bellows with the utmost sincerity. But the centerpiece of this rocker is actually at the end, where the guitarist unleashes a heavily processed metal shred corker that recalls Brian May at his finest. The solo is over far too early - but hey, it was great while it lasted.

From: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/muses-the-resistance-reviewed-218009/2

That's it for the solo. Shame :(

Walloping bass and drums mimic a heartbeat of this pumping love song and Bellamy wails on the top strings of his guitar. "You are my guiding light!" he bellows with the utmost sincerity. But the centerpiece of this rocker is actually at the end, where the guitarist unleashes a heavily processed metal shred corker that recalls Brian May at his finest. The solo is over far too early - but hey, it was great while it lasted.

From: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/muses-the-resistance-reviewed-218009/2

But at least that means all we've heard is (probably) the ending. This was the only clip that didn't really do anything for me, and knowing that we've got a whole song before those 30 seconds has rekindled my hope for this song :awesome:

Hmm... it didn't sound like the end of the entire song though, in which case that review may be referring to a different solo altogether.

Hmm... it didn't sound like the end of the entire song though, in which case that review may be referring to a different solo altogether.

I hope your right. Long solos ftw.:D

Anyone work out the tab for the solo?? Can't figure it out.

EDIT: worked out the start

a-15/3--3---7---10--

d--------------------9--9^--7

not sure about the rest.

Edited by Hopix

the first time I ever heard that clip of that solo, the way it progresses, the last two notes we hear, it sounds like the end of the solo at least. One of my fears for the album we just heard the whole solo that has been hyped on an itunes preview

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

a-15/3--3---7---10--

not sure about the rest.

Just play any solo by brina may, in the right key, it'll work.

a-15/3--3---7---10--

not sure about the rest.

This is what I play

D---------------------------9~--9 --9^--7---------

A-----------------7~--10--------------------8--7--5~

E---20/8~~~---------------------------------------------8

There's some palm muting in there but just add yourself

and after that it's the he plays some quick scale and i just improvise http://board.muse.mu/images/smilies/biggrin.gif