So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?

• Best song on the album.
    • Er.. I mean it's okay. It may grow on me.
    • I can't wait to hear the rest of that guitar solo!!!
    • What the fuck @ 80s style production?
    • I hate it.

I highly appreciate this song and I still find it beautiful.

However, it was indeed the weakest song in their set both nights at the O2. Matt's solo was the only exciting bit. :(.

I'm still getting a bollocking on You Tube!:LOL::LOL:

I honestly don't mind it on the album but live? When I was genuinely expecting MK next? Nooooooooooo!:LOL::LOL:

Awwww I'm still getting the love on You Tube!

I don't usually insult people I don't know over the internet but seriously, what a bunch of total and utter cunts.

I am actually so glad I was in seating where everyone was stood up, cheering and singing their hearts out to the song. I would've been so pissed off if I was anywhere near those fecking moaning arseholes.

Thank you lyricalwax! Another giggle prompted by an irate GL lover! :awesome::LOL::LOL::LOL:

This song was fucking epic live.

The solo sounded way meatier as well. Really loved it and I'm glad they played it when I was at the O2.

Frankly I dont care what Muse play live. There isnt a song they've made that I wouldnt be delighted to hear, and if people are getting to the point where muse gigs make them angry, then perhaps don't go to them so that you'll free up some tickets for me and my firends?

Just remember every song you dislike is someone else's favourite, and theres always someone out there who will hate your favourite song as well. Don't be so selfish as to demand every track on the setlist to be to your liking, just be grateful that you got tickets when many other people will have been disappointed.

Edited by interpolpirate

It's pretty dull on the album, and even duller live Im afraid. :stunned:

And it's dullness is quadrupled when you're utterly convinced you're about to hear the opening bars of MK Ultra played after SMBH as it was in Birmingham! :eek::eek::LOL:

and if people are getting to the point where muse gigs make them angry, then perhaps don't go to them so that you'll free up some tickets for me and my firends?

Just remember every song you dislike is someone else's favourite, and theres always someone out there who will hate your favourite song as well. Don't be so selfish as to demand every track on the setlist to be to your liking, just be grateful that you got tickets when many other people will have been disappointed.

Not on your nelly am I giving up my tix for you and your firends! :awesome:

Ouch. What a comedown; going from utter joy at the thought of MK, to disgust at GL. :p

It was a disgrace, yes. They should have known better than to play that awful tripe :phu:

Muse should play only messageboard favourites at all their gigs :happy:

Not on your nelly am I giving up my tix for you and your firends! :awesome:

lol i've got some anyway :p

I would have liked to hear MK Ultra too (I was there) but to be honest I enjoyed GL a lot. In fairness if I was in the standing area it would have made a bigger difference to me, not a lot of moshing to be done in GL.

I think the "Guiding shite" comment in the video is very harsh. I havent been to enough Muse gigs to get to the point where I want to pick songs, really I'm jsut glad of the experience. Anyway, in my opinion, guiding light is a cracking good song and if they replaced anything in that setlist with MKU, I would have much prefered it to be feeling good than GL (tho be honest I quite enjoyed that anyway lol). Or unintended...

One thing is for certain, though. I do think heckling a band you claim to be a fan of is not on.

I dunno, I'm just grateful for muse to play anything. Please dont hate me for it

EDIT: also there was easily time for them to do both. They only did 18 songs (I think?) could have fitted a few more in.

Edited by interpolpirate

lol i've got some anyway :p

I would have liked to hear MK Ultra too (I was there) but to be honest I enjoyed GL a lot. In fairness if I was in the standing area it would have made a bigger difference to me, not a lot of moshing to be done in GL.

I think the "Guiding shite" comment in the video is very harsh. I havent been to enough Muse gigs to get to the point where I want to pick songs, really I'm jsut glad of the experience. Anyway, in my opinion, guiding light is a cracking good song and if they replaced anything in that setlist with MKU, I would have much prefered it to be feeling good than GL (tho be honest I quite enjoyed that anyway lol). Or unintended...

One thing is for certain, though. I do think heckling a band you claim to be a fan of is not on.

I dunno, I'm just grateful for muse to play anything. Please dont hate me for it

EDIT: also there was easily time for them to do both. They only did 18 songs (I think?) could have fitted a few more in.

Listen, people are taking my 'Guiding Shite' yell waaaaay too seriously! This is why I'm finding the You Tube hate so bloody funny!

As I've said before, there is NO WAY Matt would have heard me say it and does it REALLY sound as though I'm angry in that clip??! Well anyone who knows me can hear the laughter in my voice anyway :LOL:

Guiding SHITE! <3 :LOL:

Listen, people are taking my 'Guiding Shite' yell waaaaay too seriously! This is why I'm finding the You Tube hate so bloody funny!

As I've said before, there is NO WAY Matt would have heard me say it and does it REALLY sound as though I'm angry in that clip??! Well anyone who knows me can hear the laughter in my voice anyway :LOL:

Exactly, its a joke. Alas, you can't say bad things about Muse here without someone jumping down your throat. None the less, leave Pip alone:phu:

I think, the general hatred of this song is a myth elaborated by the same persons keeping posting the same things on the different forums in the different threads. Pretty much agree with interpolpirate's words as well: even if you hate some songs, someone can love them and don't try to press your oppinion on all people around:) For me GL looks like very average musically, but great lyrically (that happens too!)

Guiding SHITE! <3 :LOL:

Exactly, its a joke. Alas, you can't say bad things about Muse here without someone jumping down your throat. None the less, leave Pip alone:phu:

The woman in that video is sooooooooooo RUDE!!!!!1!1!!! And angry :mad::mad::eek:

Put her up against the wall and shoot her......or something :awesome::stongue::eyebrows::chuckle:

Let the You Tube hate continue! It's amusing me no-end! :happy:

The woman in that video is sooooooooooo RUDE!!!!!1!1!!! And angry :mad::mad::eek:

Put her up against the wall and shoot her......or something :awesome::stongue::eyebrows::chuckle:

Let the You Tube hate continue! It's amusing me no-end! :happy:

OMG how dare she give a negative opinion on a Muse song. Burn her!:mad::rolleyes:

As long as its amusing then.:chuckle:

Comfort and warmth can't be found here...

lol

I like feeling good.

I also like MK ultra.

Can't muse just play all 5 albums + shrinking universe + dead star at all their gigs from now on.

I'll start a fund to buy lozenges for Matt's throat, and possibly a neck brace so that Chris' head doesnt fall off...

and something for Dom. Maybe some brightly coloured trousers as he is such an afficionado.

Actually Matt has been copying the trouser thing of late.

I fear I have gone off on a massive tangent here.

lol

I like feeling good.

I also like MK ultra.

Can't muse just play all 5 albums + shrinking universe + dead star at all their gigs from now on.

I'll start a fund to buy lozenges for Matt's throat, and possibly a neck brace so that Chris' head doesnt fall off...

and something for Dom. Maybe some brightly coloured trousers as he is such an afficionado.

:LOL::LOL: Just for the record...I LOVE Muse! :happy:

lol

I like feeling good.

I also like MK ultra.

A little bit, but it was fun :LOL:! And +1 ... there's absolutely no reason why they can't play for 7 hours each night... especially after given said lozenges, neck braces and, er, skinny jeans :phu:. Lazy buggers. lol