Wahey :D

I thought you disliked being seen as "that guy who does awesome Muse covers"? So the Citizen Erased description says.

Either way, welcome back :awesome:

:LOL:

I didnt even think that CE cover was that good :/

Hey, to be fair, I just said 'that guy who does these Muse covers' in the original description.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I didn't realize I'd be acknowledging anything by that! And it's not that I mind being seen as someone who does Muse covers, since, well, that's what I do -- people seem to believe that I feel ashamed of it for I don't know what reason would be. As I've said, it's just really reducing.

Plus, I think I pretty much have covered everything I fancied in Muse's discography, anyway. There can only be so much one can do!

Hey, to be fair, I just said 'that guy who does these Muse covers' in the original description.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I didn't realize I'd be acknowledging anything by that! And it's not that I mind being seen as someone who does Muse covers, since, well, that's what I do -- people seem to believe that I feel ashamed of it for I don't know what reason would be. As I've said, it's just really reducing.

Plus, I think I pretty much have covered everything I fancied in Muse's discography, anyway. There can only be so much one can do!

While you are here is there any chance of a tab of your stockholm syndrome cover from 0:26 - 0:55 ? Your cover of that song is easily one of the best I have seen.

Ah yes, the SS cover.

Quick question, at 3:23 I notice some pick scraping along with the notes. Was that recorded separately, or did you actually play it all there and then? I'd really love to know how you did that section :)

EDIT: I'm just flicking through your videos... in the comments for Dead Star, someone wrote "then how do you learn it??", which I assume is a response to your comment saying that you have no tabs.

My hand nearly went out through the back of my head, I facepalmed with such intensity. I responded with a bit of a rant... couldn't help myself, sorry :p

While you are here is there any chance of a tab of your stockholm syndrome cover from 0:26 - 0:55 ? Your cover of that song is easily one of the best I have seen.

Ok, but only if we do it my way: you do a first tab of this part, and then I'll correct what you send me.

Ah yes, the SS cover.

Quick question, at 3:23 I notice some pick scraping along with the notes. Was that recorded separately, or did you actually play it all there and then? I'd really love to know how you did that section

There's no pick scraping, I am however using a wah, going slowly from bass to treble positions throughout the riff, so you might be mistaking this for that.

EDIT: I'm just flicking through your videos... in the comments for Dead Star, someone wrote "then how do you learn it??", which I assume is a response to your comment saying that you have no tabs.

My hand nearly went out through the back of my head, I facepalmed with such intensity.

Heh :)

'I learned it by ear'

'you what?'

'I learned it from listening to the song'

'you what?'

'I made a tab in my mind, and then I learned from that tab'

'oh ok'

:p

There's no pick scraping, I am however using a wah, going slowly from bass to treble positions throughout the riff, so you might be mistaking this for that.

Huh... I swear I could hear some scraping along the string. Well, if you say so.

Heh :)

'I learned it by ear'

'you what?'

'I learned it from listening to the song'

'you what?'

'I made a tab in my mind, and then I learned from that tab'

'oh ok'

:p

:D

It annoys me when people go "Z0Mg TABS TABS GIMME TABS!!!111!1one". Train your ear, figure it out for yourself. It's amazing that some people think tabs are the be all and end all of guitar playing - it's a musical instrument, so learn the music side of things...

I'll stop it now, I could rant about tabs all day :p

• 2 weeks later...

So as I was going through lots of music on Spotify, I came across some Muse covers done in a yogamusic-ish way. For those of you who don't have Spotify, you gotta track it down somehow else.

Also the same artist have plenty of other covers.

Assassin has never sounded so much like a lullaby before.

There is a lullaby version of Assassin somwhere, which is really unnerving to listen to. :LOL:

Edit: Just realised both albums are identical, just one with a xylophone and the other with a celesta.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived