haha

not bad - guitar seems a bit out of tune though.

I noticed that as well at points but then I realized it wasn't out of tune I just bent one note too far and made another mistake or two, particularly I slid one fret too high after the shred when it goes back up the neck.

I noticed that as well at points but then I realized it wasn't out of tune I just bent one note too far and made another mistake or two, particularly I slid one fret too high after the shred when it goes back up the neck.

Are you sure it wasn't out of tune? :LOL: Because it definitely sounds off in quite a few places :p

Are you sure it wasn't out of tune? :LOL: Because it definitely sounds off in quite a few places :p

Yeah I tuned right before I played. Look at the strings I'm doing a lot of bending and vibrato. Might have overdone that a bit lol. For example, the first 3 notes of the solo A string (3, 7, 10) all sound fine. Then the 4th note sounds off. Why is that? I bent too far. It is on the same string as the previous 3. If it was out of tune they'd all sound off. Later on I slid to high on the 2nd note after the shred section.

If you insist it is though, maybe I'll do a more thorough tune and re record :) What about the actual playing though?

That solo at the end (Muscle Museum cover) was fucking blinding. I wish I could write cheesy, yet awesome sounding solos like that.

Well actually, when I'm soloing I just improvise everything. (I do those kinda solo's, although a bit less awesome :p). Writing solo's is indeed much more difficult I guess, because you want to make it fun to play over and over again and not get bored of it.

I think he's kinda spaming now. Just records song and song and basically all he does is to learn some important parts of the song and improvise the rest (Muscle Museum, Citizen Erased). I think Stockholm Syndrome is his best cover, there he really gave his best, all the riffs are great and the solo is too.

Not that his "new" covers were bad. I just think he could do much more, if he wasn't like "I have to cover all Muse songs as quick as possible!".

~Huy

I think he's kinda spaming now. Just records song and song and basically all he does is to learn some important parts of the song and improvise the rest (Muscle Museum, Citizen Erased). I think Stockholm Syndrome is his best cover, there he really gave his best, all the riffs are great and the solo is too.

Not that his "new" covers were bad. I just think he could do much more, if he wasn't like "I have to cover all Muse songs as quick as possible!".

~Huy

id love it if my improvisations were arpeggios of extended chords matching the root note of the original chords

i guess improvisation isnt my forte

Hmmmmm parts of that are divine.. but parts really sloppy :eek: I mean, the guy is about 10 times better at guitar than me, and I love his tapping bits, and the arpeggios travelling up the fret after the solo - ace.. but it does seem a bit rushed.

I (personally, I know theres gonna be loads of people who disagree) think hes using the whole palm muted "skipping" thing a bit to much :(

Other thn that I love it :D Jealous of him :p

God just made a new video :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Krt2qo3iw

Very good. But...

The simple parts were very sloppy considering how good he is.

A few improves perhaps in the wrong place, others fit like a glove though.

Solo was very impressive.

Overall, he should've practiced it more and learnt more of it too before recording. Although a very good effort.

Archived