Maybe a bit too much. There's a bypass switch for a reason

Just have a clean sound then? :LOL:

I tend to use my distortion channel for certain stuff, like chords or melodic lines, but it's a tad dark for early muse riffs. In the room the FF sounds great. Gonna just say that again so you'll believe me. Or not. Whatever.

Regular distortion works just fine for me for Muse riffs. But then I tend to keep it rather bright for that reason.

Also I find that the emulated output tends to be a bit more of a bare representation of the tone. Kind of like putting your ear to the amp at its level. I've had times when I thought the tone from the amp was fantastic and then it didn't sound all that great when I recorded it through EO or with a mic.

Also I find that the emulated output tends to be a bit more of a bare representation of the tone. Kind of like putting your ear to the amp at its level. I've had times when I thought the tone from the amp was fantastic and then it didn't sound all that great when I recorded it through EO or with a mic.

This!

I'm not saying the emulated output doesn't have an effect on the tone! Obviously it does as you can tell from various people's personal accounts. What I was trying to point out originally was that Jamie's tone for dead star was gash and you can't really shift that on the fact it's EO. Dead star needs to be punchy, not all saturated and wet fartish

I've had one and only one experience with the Blackstar's EO. It sounded fucking shit :LOL: might've been my settings as it was pretty soon after I got it, but nonetheless. Lost all the kick and bottom end

Indeed, hence why my Dead Star tone sounded "gash"...

I meant all biting with loads of top end :facepalm:

Lost all the kick and bottom end

Really, whatchu guys saying?

and really? I thought it lacked treble?

screenshotfrequencyanal.png

That's a Blackstar emulated output

Gotta admit I do find this a little concerning as I can't quite afford a cab at the moment and was gonna rely on the emulated output for a while at least

EDIT: If that reading is true then that is shocking

Really, whatchu guys saying?

screenshotfrequencyanal.png

That's a Blackstar emulated output

Gotta admit I do find this a little concerning as I can't quite afford a cab at the moment and was gonna rely on the emulated output for a while at least

EDIT: If that reading is true then that is shocking

Oh look at your little frequency analysis :phu:

I GO WITH WHAT MY EARS HEAR BRUV

Oh look at your little frequency analysis :phu:

I GO WITH WHAT MY EARS HEAR BRUV

+1 QFT

That frequency analysis means nothing. Show me an A-weighted frequency response with Log10 axis and we'll talk.

To be fair though, most 'emulated speaker' outputs are just low pass filters, which is what that looks like.

Archived