looked like he was in standard to me, which I assumed was right?

I think he meant that he was using a Whammy to go down an octave instead of tuning the low E to drop Ab.

This. :)

Edit: Bloody hell, Doog, where yo been dawg?

When did you crawl out the woodwork?

dunno why I stopped coming here, think I got a bit annoyed reading the mb1/dl1/gas threads and not being able to afford anything :LOL: tbh I've been looking for survival tabs but I think the way I play it isn't far off. still think it's in standard

... or you could just use a pitch shifter? honestly I think it's in standard, you can hear him playing the low open e during the last verse

He might've used the 7-string to record it. Lowest string tuned to Ab instead of A like it usually is and the rest of it in standard.

Well if I play the heavy riff on standard, and assuming the riff is an octave down from what I'm playing, there's the little 16th note climb. I might be wrong about where it's played though

I know what you mean. It sounds like hes playing F F# G A♭ on the E string or equivalent.

that bit isn't pitch shifted, it matches the Ab note above the standard low E. also, unless he's got a new 7-string with a whammy on it I'd suspect it was recorded on chrome bomber or new delorean

He's probably been really cheeky and recorded it on two guitars - and getting Hugh to build a guitar to accomodate this live now.

Guest Batman.

I think with the lack of a Kit&Tab covers thread people are just assuming this is the covers thread, and that the 'Awesome' refers to the thread, not the posts.

thing is, when we had the muse cover thread in here, new users were posting their covers in the wrong forums.

and a lot more people are contributing to the new thread, rather than 3 or 4 people from in here.

Is it possible to make a sticky thread at the top of here that links to the same thread in the creativity forum?

Is it possible to make a sticky thread at the top of here that links to the same thread in the creativity forum?

the old cover thread was still pinned for a while because of that, but i don't think it really made a difference. it's linked in the faq anyway, but we all know new users don't read that anyway

Guest Batman.

Yeah I agree it's better to have the cover thread over in Creativity, I was just offering my explanation as to why people are posting their covers in here - not because of arrogance, but because of ignorance.

Or a name change of this thread? "The best covers" or something?

I think that would have little or no effect

What Phill said would be the easiest option, I really think there needs to be a way of linking to the actual cover thread from within KnT. Whether it's possible though I don't know

Archived