Making of Uprising Video / iPod Problems

beeSides

i'm having trouble with the download...i can play it on real player/iTunes just fine but when i transferred it to my iPod it won't play

i just get a blank screen even though it's on the menu.

i deleted the file and started over from scratch but from iTunes i get a message saying that it's not compatible. :(

it seems i am not the only one having this problem.

help please? :)

Same here.

I got the download from week 1 on my iPod fine but every time I tried to transfer the making of uprising I get some message to say that my iPod is not compatible or something :erm: What I don't understand is that both downloads are mp4 so why does one work and not the other??

You guys need to check if that video has the specifications to be played on an iPod. I may help you guys with it. But I think this belong to the IT section.

Anyway, just tell me:

- where I can get the video

- which models you people own (I have a nano video, so I can only test for that) so I can check if the video is compatible with your models, and if not, how to convert it.

If I manage to play on it, I will let you guys know.

Cheers!

You guys need to check if that video has the specifications to be played on an iPod. I may help you guys with it. But I think this belong to the IT section.

i believe that these downloads are meant to be iPod compatible. this is something that has happened in the past with muse.mu downloads and i think the files needed some correcting at the source?

if that is the case, i don't think it's a matter posting on the IT :unsure:

the week one download plays just fine :awesome:

Anyway, just tell me:

- where I can get the video

- which models you people own (I have a nano video, so I can only test for that) so I can check if the video is compatible with your models, and if not, how to convert it.

If I manage to play on it, I will let you guys know.

Cheers!

you go to your member page on muse.mu and download it :p

i have brand new iPod classic.

EDIT

I have to pre order the album to get access to the video. I cant do right now, but still, I can help you asking for a few informations about the video. But you guys will have to install another video player on your computers (because it has tools that give us information about the codec and other stuffs).

http://videolan.org

Thanks for that :D

The download is in the member section (free weekly download) and I have an iPod touch.

okay! downloading. will test when I get home - about 23:00 (3+ GMT here). so it will take awhile.

i believe that these downloads are meant to be iPod compatible. this is something that has happened in the past with muse.mu downloads and i think the files needed some correcting at the source?

if that is the case, i don't think it's a matter posting on the IT :unsure:

the week one download plays just fine :awesome:

you go to your member page on muse.mu and download it :p

i have brand new iPod classic.

all right! If they were meant to be iPod compatible, it is a muse.mu concern (imo).

cheers!

Found a fix, highlight video in movie section, then select Advanced tab up top and select create ipod or iphone version. It takes a while but it created a new version which when I synced again it finally appeared on ipod! Hurray!:D

In which software?

What I was going to suggest was to check if the videos are really iPod valid and then if not, use a tool to convert it to iPod format (what you basically did).

Sorry just in itunes, was so happy to finally fix it :$

No problem!

I dont use iTunes because my main computer is a Linux PC (yep, I don't use windows). So I use vlc (which is my video player in any computer or OS) to check video formats and stuff, and then, I use a tool which has pre defined profiles to convert to iPod format. But since iTunes can convert videos, then you guys are all set.

=]

Found a fix, highlight video in movie section, then select Advanced tab up top and select create ipod or iphone version. It takes a while but it created a new version which when I synced again it finally appeared on ipod! Hurray!:D

Thanks I shall try that when I get home tonight! :D

Thank youuuu :happy: never noticed that before in iTunes. I had it on already with a 3rd party converter but the audio was out of sync, but its perfect now, thanks :)

Thank youuuu :happy: never noticed that before in iTunes. I had it on already with a 3rd party converter but the audio was out of sync, but its perfect now, thanks :)

Thanks I shall try that when I get home tonight! :D

thanks for this. i'll try it when i get home as well :awesome:

Glad I could help, I managed to erase all my videos before I worked out something was wrong with the video itself!!

I was just so happy when I finally fixed it :)

At one point my husband even had the audacity to ask if I really needed this video on my ipod :rolleyes:

did you guys try converting it to whatever version it has to be on to play on ipods?

I beg your pardon? I didnt understand your question. :unsure:

But I know each iPod has its own video format. I think - since I don't have a Mac right now - that iTunes will load the video profile for converting according to your iPod. Or at least, it should. When I need to convert to my iPod I use my own tools to do the job.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html - too see the video specs.

I believe that the manual for the other models that aren't listed there (iPod video, I believe, maybe other generation of iPod Classic, and Nano 3rd Gen) have the specs for them.

Cheers!

Glad I could help, I managed to erase all my videos before I worked out something was wrong with the video itself!!

oh noooeezz :pope:

we are too! thanks so much for sharing! :D it worked like a charm :happy:

At one point my husband even had the audacity to ask if I really needed this video on my ipod :rolleyes:

:eek:

he does not understand the hypnotic power of teh jiggy bottoms :stunned:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Good that you guys managed to fix you videos. :happy:

Sorry for not being 100% helpful, but since I can´t pre-order the album right now I don´t have access to the video.

Cheers! =]

Thanks to you both for offering to help :happy:

Fixed now!

did you guys try converting it to whatever version it has to be on to play on ipods?

It is already an iPod version (mp4) hence why we couldn't understand why it couldn't play on an iPod (but worked fine in the iTunes Library)

Thanks to you both for offering to help :happy:

Fixed now!

It is already an iPod version (mp4) hence why we couldn't understand why it couldn't play on an iPod (but worked fine in the iTunes Library)

I´ve downloaded a mp4 that was meant to be compatible with ipod, but did not wirk too. That happens, I believe, because ipod is pretty strict to its formats and if you have a little variation over it (screen resolution, codec used, audio codec, etc) you wont have either the video or the audio. Plus, you have variations over the models - though Im not 100% sure about it, since it is reasonable to think that the newly model can play the videos made for the old models.

Codecs and video are something really nasty sometimes. Scratch that, most of the times. :(

Archived