What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

I know ffs. Reverts back to the bullshit of "your not a true Muse fan if u don't constantly praise OoS and render it as the best album eva kthbi"

Oi dude. Don't start putting words in my mouth so ffs yourself! And FYI I don't think Origin if the best Muse album at all... I do however believe Absolution is the worst and it shocked me that people would rate it as highly as to be on par with Origin.

I hope you meant OoS is better than Absolution :p

I did mean that.

Bloody hell, some people make ignorant comments. :rolleyes:

Oi dude. Don't start putting words in my mouth so ffs yourself! And FYI I don't think Origin if the best Muse album at all... I do however believe Absolution is the worst and it shocked me that people would rate it as highly as to be on par with Origin.
Absolution is pretty much the second best album from the general opinion of musers (and polls conducted). Personally, it's the best and was probably their peak.

Absolution is pretty much the second best album from the general opinion of musers (and polls conducted). Personally, it's the best and was probably their peak.

This is the view I have. I still can't decide how I rate Showbiz though, only been 10 years :LOL:

This is where we learn that there are more varied opinions between Muse users lol. I for one rate BH&R over Absolution, and Origin over them both. I'm feeling The Resistance could fit in either side of BH&R at the moment.

People like Muse for different reasons. The problem arises when people think their opinion is the only opinion to have.

I'm slightly confused over what we're allowed to say now. The banhammer still looms if we say more than what's in the preview, yes?

I don't know where I would place Absolution. As an album I enjoy it, but it feels so bland and lifeless compared to the other albums. At least BH&R took some risks.

I'm slightly confused over what we're allowed to say now. The banhammer still looms if we say more than what's in the preview, yes?

I don't know where I would place Absolution. As an album I enjoy it, but it feels so bland and lifeless compared to the other albums. At least BH&R took some risks.

Actually as it's now officially 12am I THINK we're allowed to talk about it :erm:

Also, with the albums' already being dispatched, there could be people getting them as early as this morning :yesey:

However, best to take it up with the Mods just incase ;)

Guest QueenOfNerds

1+

On topic though, I love this song :happy:

People could have theoretically got them by mail now. (okay not). Anyways, Australia is getting it's first full airplay of the album in an hour. I don't think it matters that much anymore

It's the album with the most earnest and honest emotions with minimal amount of cheese. It's also an album, instead of a showcase for stuff they can do if they want (BHaR).

Actually as it's now officially 12am I THINK we're allowed to talk about it :erm:

Also, with the albums' already being dispatched, there could be people getting them as early as this morning :yesey:

However, best to take it up with the Mods just incase ;)

People could have theoretically got them by mail now. (okay not). Anyways, Australia is getting it's first full airplay of the album in an hour. I don't think it matters that much anymore

It's the album with the most earnest and honest emotions with minimal amount of cheese. It's also an album, instead of a showcase for stuff they can do if they want (BHaR).

Alrighty then. Thanks!

I agree with you in some ways because of songs like Ruled by Secrecy. The earnest and honest emotions just don't click with me in the same way as Exogenesis or Citizen Erased, say, because I can't help thinking they took the 'safe' approach with Abso and held back in order for it to be more commercially appealing (which is why I like BH&R, even though the latter blatantly applies there as well). Basically, TR is to me what Abso is to you. :)

IBtY is everything I hoped it would be. Utterly silly and fun, yet charming in its own way. :happy:

This is so true. You could go through each song and say 'yeah this makes sense'. There were a number of songs about a vague mistrust of the government, which are easier to relate to than specific let's take on the man stuff. There's some gorgeous love songs, a song about the fear of growing old, and of course one about death. Musically it borders eccentric without going overboard which is nice.

I'd rate Absolution as my favourite Muse album.

This is so true. You could go through each song and say 'yeah this makes sense'. There were a number of songs about a vague mistrust of the government, which are easier to relate to than specific let's take on the man stuff. There's some gorgeous love songs, a song about the fear of growing old, and of course one about death. Musically it borders eccentric without going overboard which is nice.

according to a review they get the word "muse" in there lol.

its a great song imo. really quirky and different. epic.

When you put it that way, I can deffo see where you guys are coming from.

I suppose I don't feel the same way because it's the passion from the music itself which I get the most out of, as opposed to the story of the song. It's frustrating that I can't explain what I mean. :LOL:

When you put it that way, I can deffo see where you guys are coming from.

I suppose I don't feel the same way because it's the passion from the music itself which I get the most out of, as opposed to the story of the song. It's frustrating that I can't explain what I mean. :LOL:

There's always two elements to music, the intellectual stimulation and the emotional stimulation. Intellectual stimulation isn't about how clever the music is, its just about how much it makes you think.

All of Muse's albums have focused on the emotional stimulation, because thats what you emo fangirls love :p. But Absolution's also quite intricate musically and lyrically.

Having said that, I Belong To You properly sets the synapses off! :LOL:

There's always two elements to music, the intellectual stimulation and the emotional stimulation. Intellectual stimulation isn't about how clever the music is, its just about how much it makes you think.

All of Muse's albums have focused on the emotional stimulation, because thats what you emo fangirls love :p. But Absolution's also quite intricate musically and lyrically.

Having said that, I Belong To You properly sets the synapses off! :LOL:

Am not. :'(

:p

You make a fair point. Though I would say Exogenesis is the first Muse song to have a major impact on me in both ways.

(I know, I know..sorry. :$ *takes spaffing elsewhere*)

You make a fair point. Though I would say Exogenesis is the first Muse song to have a major impact on me in both ways.

It's not always immediately apparent whether a song is having an intellectual or emotional effect on me. I'm still trying to decide whether the quirkiness of exogenesis is what interests me, or just the thrill of all dem high notes.

Archived