What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

Suprised this hasn't been posted:

The way the crowd along loudest at "She attacks me like a Leo" and the French part makes me laugh. Especially the French part. It sounds like everybody's extremely drunk. :LOL:

I have to say that video doesn't do the performance justice. It was the best surprise last night getting to hear it for the first time. It was long overdue!

The way the crowd along loudest at "She attacks me like a Leo" and the French part makes me laugh. Especially the French part. It sounds like everybody's extremely drunk. :LOL:

EPCI!:D

I have to say that video doesn't do the performance justice. It was the best surprise last night getting to hear it for the first time. It was long overdue!

Sounds like it was great in general! Two songs never played before, MK Ultra as an opener, and MotP and Bliss too! Considering the lack of setlist variation lately, that's quite something.

Sounds like it was great in general! Two songs never played before, MK Ultra as an opener, and MotP and Bliss too! Considering the lack of setlist variation lately, that's quite something.

This gig was epic. I was not expecting IBTY last night at all I really hope that following the fantastic reaction it got they will play it live more often.

^^^ They probably were all drunk! :chuckle:

But on point - it's a great song and has one of the best bass clarinet features I've heard. Which doesn't directly involve Muse but it's still kickass. ;)

Definitely one of The Resistance's best songs, it's got that quirky, old-school feel that Muse haven't kindled since Showbiz. It sounds so honest.

Definitely. It was just completely unexpected. The lyrics and the structure and the instrumentation. It has a sense of humour and it's theatrical. Maybe they had Showbiz in mind when they recorded it. It's one of the songs that makes The Resistance my favourite Muse album.

I'm inclined to agree.

I'd still rate The Resistance up there with both OoS and Absolution as it does have these intense flashes of Muse past and present. Whilst the likes of Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and Guiding Light may be where Muse are these days, the quirk/honesty of I Belong To You, the skittery craziness of MK Ultra and strings of both United States Of Eurasia and Exogenesis remind me that Muse still have it in them to pull these things out of the bag.

EDIT: to Niall.

I'm inclined to agree.

I'd still rate The Resistance up there with both OoS and Absolution as it does have these intense flashes of Muse past and present. Whilst the likes of Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and Guiding Light may be where Muse are these days, the quirk/honesty of I Belong To You, the skittery craziness of MK Ultra and strings of both United States Of Eurasia and Exogenesis remind me that Muse still have it in them to pull these things out of the bag.

:yesey: Those parts are great. UD is an alright attempt at that sort of area but I really wish it wasn't a single (which meant I ended up placing greater emphasis on that song) and USoE works amazing live even if it comes off a bit silly in the studio. I really can't stand Resistance now and never liked Guiding Light. Those two songs and the single releases from this album are what hold it back for me.

Absolution has it's low points too (in my opinions) but they tended to be the ones ignored by the band as well.

GL is about the only thing I don't like on it. I don't hate it but I usually skip it. Everything else I really like. And IBTY sounds like it really shouldn't work. It should stick right out between MK Ultra and Exogenesis but the quality of the production and the sound of the songs means it still works when listening through the album, which is something that just didn't happen on BHaR. Not to pun the cover art or something but BHaR sounds like the primary colour equivalent of The Resistance, with everything restrained and flat.

I'm inclined to agree.

EDIT: to Niall.

GL is about the only thing I don't like on it. I don't hate it but I usually skip it. Everything else I really like. And IBTY sounds like it really shouldn't work. It should stick right out between MK Ultra and Exogenesis but the quality of the production and the sound of the songs means it still works when listening through the album, which is something that just didn't happen on BHaR. Not to pun the cover art or something but BHaR sounds like the primary colour equivalent of The Resistance, with everything

restrained and flat.

IBTY and TR finally getting some love!! :happy: I fully agree with both of you.

Does anyone have a high quality video of the live performance? I saw a low quality video and it sounded real good...Dom rocking that fun drumming part as usual but I couldn't hear much of the bass.

IBTY and TR finally getting some love!! :happy: I fully agree with both of you.

Does anyone have a high quality video of the live performance? I saw a low quality video and it sounded real good...Dom rocking that fun drumming part as usual but I couldn't hear much of the bass.

That's an HD quality I have found... I love how Matt throw is head back and take a deep breath in before the French aria. You can almost imagine him going "Omg here goes nothing!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SunbacgEhMA

• 2 weeks later...

Archived