What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

My god, this was probably the biggest shocker for me because I surprisingly liked it! Now I don't like it, I LOVE it. It's so stuffed with cheese and charm. The lyrics make me laugh and I just feel happy when I hear it. Comparable to Queen in the way that it makes me feel when I hear their music.

just like everyone, i didnt really like the song, judging from the 30 second clip, but then i heard the whole song, laughed hysterically at the french part, then the singing was stuck in my head..... and now i love it! i think i have listened to it 5 times in a row today! i love the french operatic part! its so beautiful!!!!!

This song is so quirky... I can't help but love it. I'm sorry but this song is so wrong it makes it right.

:LOL: Took me 15 seconds to realise that Matt was actually singing in French and I am French for Christsake!!! That boy needs help...

Guest QueenOfNerds
This song is so quirky... I can't help but love it. I'm sorry but this song is so wrong it makes it right.

:LOL: Took me 15 seconds to realise that Matt was actually singing in French and I am French for Christsake!!! That boy needs help...

:LOL: He didn't try and sing this in Paris did he? :stunned:

Matt some advice don't sing this in France.

:LOL: He didn't try and sing this in Paris did he? :stunned:

Matt some advice don't sing this in France.

Funny you should say that but that's exactly what I was thinking (no way he is attempting that at any of the French gigs :LOL: )

Come on Matt we dare yah!! :p

It's great how everyone actually likes this song! Everyone thoughts it was gonna be bad but it isn't haha! Apart fromt eh French but, the song ittself is good.

Does everyone get what I meant when I said hilarious but awesome and self references?

It's great how everyone actually likes this song! Everyone thoughts it was gonna be bad but it isn't haha! Apart fromt eh French but, the song ittself is good.

Does everyone get what I meant when I said hilarious but awesome and self references?

Totally agree, it's a gammit(sp?) of emotions, from hilarity to heart-wrenching!

Yeah I get what you mean... As I said before in a way this song is so wrong that it makes it right. I can't stop chuckling when listening to it but as the same time think "this is great"!!

We can finally talk about it now.

After listening to the previews I feared Guiding Light (still not impressed, will take some getting used to I think), Resistance (love it, but still not sure about the 'could be wrong' parts) and I Belong To You (+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre À Ta Voix).

But after hearing it I can say I absolutely love this song! I didn't expect this at all from the preview. It's beautiful, it's different, I love the 'comedy' in it. Also love the clarinet and aria in it, sure Matt's French isn't that great, but I don't mind. I get a big smile on my face when listening to this song and my eyes go watery. I freaking love it! Wasn't expecting this at all. I can't rate songs, but this would definately be high up the list somewhere.

Oh and others before mentioned the lyrics, I'm not a lyrics person so don't really have an opinion on it.

Archived