So???  

1,032 members have voted

1. 1. So???

• Cool
    • Oh dear!
    • It'll grow on me
    • Muse just killed themselves

I love this song, when they did it live at Teignmouth (first time I heard it) I actually welled up a little. That's probably partly because I'm pregnant and thus hormonal but still, it definitely invoked a strong reaction.

I don't quite get the 'it's a sexy song' comments I've seen, but that's just my view, to me it's about being in love with an emotionally damaged person.

Personally I think Bliss is, and probably always will be, the most lovely, perfect song in the world.

Don't feel bad if you think it's the best song, a lot of the people on these forums are idiots.

They can't gain their own opinions but instead follow the 'popular belief'.

I'm not sure if this post is meant to imply that the OP is an idiot for liking the song along with other people (idiots) on this forum, or the other people on this forum are idiots for not liking it. :erm: Either way, it's not very polite.

I think UD is okay, but I'm not crazy about it. It's sort of growing on me. To me, Unintended is a more moving love song.

I'm just going to put it out there that

1)Matt doesn't play an instrument, nor did he arrange the strings (they were just samples)

and

2)Dom arranged synthetic beats, he doesn't play any complex beat live.

SO, I fail to see how this even comes close to being Muse's best song. unless something about slap bass wins you over completely.......:facepalm:

EDIT: ok, I see you meant on the resistance, but still. Other songs on the album, especially Exogen, obviously took much more effort and show the band's full musical capabilities.

1) Was it orchestral hits or actual loops they were using as samples? Lots of people use samples and actually arrange everything themselves. A Sample = digital audio, that's all.

2) Programming electronic drums overall is harder than actually playing drums yourself in my opinion, not that UD is complex, just as someone who listens to a lot of electronic music, the drums and rhythms get very complex!

1) Was it orchestral hits or actual loops they were using as samples? Lots of people use samples and actually arrange everything themselves. A Sample = digital audio, that's all.

2) Programming electronic drums overall is harder than actually playing drums yourself in my opinion, not that UD is complex, just as someone who listens to a lot of electronic music, the drums and rhythms get very complex!

I think some of these people who only like music with 'real instruments' think people create electronic music on an 80's casio keyboard where you press a button and the tune plays :rolleyes:

It's a lovely song. Not the MOST lovely by Muse but definitely up there in uniqueness and lyrics and such.

Don't feel bad if you think it's the best song, a lot of the people on these forums are idiots.

They can't gain their own opinions but instead follow the 'popular belief'.

Sorry your date of registration made me lol when I saw you posted this comment. gtfo.

Oh and this thread should really be merged with the The Resistance thread.

We don't need tonnes of threads on peoples personal opinions and whether people disagree or not.

I think some of these people who only like music with 'real instruments' think people create electronic music on an 80's casio keyboard where you press a button and the tune plays :rolleyes:

I know. I play in both types of band and where I'm playing guitar I'm rarely actually concentrating on what I'm actually doing... whereas the electronic stuff I don't think I get an opportunity to look at the audience from actually having to concentrate!

Plus a lot of the best electronic artists/bands are often virtuosos on certain instruments.

Perhaps some of them, but certainly not all;)

not the best song on the album that has to go to exogenesis 1,2&3.part 3 being the best I was:stunned: when i fisrt listened to it

We don't need tonnes of threads on peoples personal opinions and whether people disagree or not.

Wouldn't it make more sense to merge it with the Undisclosed Desires thread...?

They are just orchestral hits as far as i know, It says on the back of the booklet "some orchestra instrument samples included in this recording from the "Vienna Symphonic Library"" Which strikes me as meaning they are just one hits... So matt did actually arrange the strings whoever it was that disagreed :p

+1 about programming electronic drums being harder too... getting dynamics and variation out of samples can be tricky sometimes! :)

They are just orchestral hits as far as i know, It says on the back of the booklet "some orchestra instrument samples included in this recording from the "Vienna Symphonic Library"" Which strikes me as meaning they are just one hits... So matt did actually arrange the strings whoever it was that disagreed :p

+1 about programming electronic drums being harder too... getting dynamics and variation out of samples can be tricky sometimes! :)

Cheers for giving me the name, having a look at it all now, doesn't look like there's any loops included. And I assumed it was just hits.

http://vsl.co.at/en/65/71/84/1349.vsl

Sorry your date of registration made me lol when I saw you posted this comment. gtfo.

"lol liek im so kool kuz i registeerd b4 u"

This is why you're idiots.

This is a new account my friend, my old one was registered in 05. I like this name, so I registered a new one. Don't lose me now, hopefully this wasn't too confusing for you.

@musemom, No, I wasn't referring to the OP. I also wasn't referring to the people who don't like it are idiots. There's just way too many people who just read what someone else says and goes along with it. They don't make up their own opinion.

"lol liek im so kool kuz i registeerd b4 u"

This is why you're idiots.

This is a new account my friend, my old one was registered in 05. I like this name, so I registered a new one. Don't lose me now, hopefully this wasn't too confusing for you.

@musemom, No, I wasn't referring to the OP. I also wasn't referring to the people who don't like it are idiots. There's just way too many people who just read what someone else says and goes along with it. They don't make up their own opinion.

and there's too many arrogant dickheads who think they know everything about everyone else so shut the fuck up.

and there's too many arrogant dickheads who think they know everything about everyone else so shut the fuck up.

Lol, did my comment anger you so much that your testicles finally dropped?

I'm not saying it about everyone, a good majority though. For instance, like you.

You'd realize that if you read it properly.

;)

This board has always come across as hostile. Did people get like this for every album release? :p I agree there are too many different threads for the same thing though.

Undisclosed Desires is beautiful. I keep going back to it, because its very unlike much of Muse's previous material. I tend to skip MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection because they are more... typical. I've stopped listening to the album though. Too much of anything increases risk of getting sick of it *cough*thanksradioandtvforruiningPlugInBaby*cough*

Lol, did my comment anger you so much that your testicles finally dropped?

I'm not saying it about everyone, a good majority though. For instance, like you.

You'd realize that if you read it properly.

;)

Oh I see you're American.

/argument

As a long time fan of Muse whose favorite album is Origin of Symmetry, this song didn't appeal to me at first, until I realized the hidden message embedded in it.

Best love song? I haven't found anyone else talking about this, but did anyone catch the more sinister note to the song?

First, I've found that I only hear this when I wear my headphones that are really good at differentiating between sounds. If you can catch the whispering voice in the "You trick your lovers" verse, they're probably good enough.

The first time the refrain is played, in both ears: " I [don't] want to reconcile the violence in your heart"

The second time the refrain is played (I only hear this in the right ear): "I [don't] want to recognize your beauty's not just a mask"

Also the second time, in both ears: "I [don't] want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart"

The third time the refrain is played, I can barely make it out, but I especially hear a [don't] for each line when I listen in my left ear specifically to that lower growly voice that's underneath everything else.

They did a really good job of blending [don't] in with the bass. I'm probably missing one somewhere--it would make sense to have a [don't] in the first and third line of the first refrain, or maybe the first, second, and fourth in the second refrain. But what I hear for sure is the first line of the first refrain, the second and fourth lines for the second refrain, and all lines for the last refrain. Has anyone else caught this?

From what I can tell, this song is about love on the surface, and deceit underneath. Something that's "undisclosed" to the casual listener. Even if the song doesn't sound like Muse's style, this idea of an extra layer is very Muse.

Undisclosed Desires > Blackout

Please don't hurt me. ;_;

You have to be joking :facepalm:, Blackout is haunting and atmospheric, UD which is a synth pop / R&B song, catchy enough but not in the same league.

You have to be joking :facepalm:, Blackout is haunting and atmospheric, UD which is a synth pop / R&B song, catchy enough but not in the same league.

Yeah Blackout tops UD in the end, awesome lyrics, relaxing but with a mesmeric solo.

I love UD as well though! It's quite a close call in the end I guess.

As a long time fan of Muse whose favorite album is Origin of Symmetry, this song didn't appeal to me at first, until I realized the hidden message embedded in it.

Best love song? I haven't found anyone else talking about this, but did anyone catch the more sinister note to the song?

First, I've found that I only hear this when I wear my headphones that are really good at differentiating between sounds. If you can catch the whispering voice in the "You trick your lovers" verse, they're probably good enough.

The first time the refrain is played, in both ears: " I [don't] want to reconcile the violence in your heart"

The second time the refrain is played (I only hear this in the right ear): "I [don't] want to recognize your beauty's not just a mask"

Also the second time, in both ears: "I [don't] want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart"

The third time the refrain is played, I can barely make it out, but I especially hear a [don't] for each line when I listen in my left ear specifically to that lower growly voice that's underneath everything else.

They did a really good job of blending [don't] in with the bass. I'm probably missing one somewhere--it would make sense to have a [don't] in the first and third line of the first refrain, or maybe the first, second, and fourth in the second refrain. But what I hear for sure is the first line of the first refrain, the second and fourth lines for the second refrain, and all lines for the last refrain. Has anyone else caught this?

From what I can tell, this song is about love on the surface, and deceit underneath. Something that's "undisclosed" to the casual listener. Even if the song doesn't sound like Muse's style, this idea of an extra layer is very Muse.

I agree I thought I was going mad untill I listened through the headset and heard it thought it was my son calling me:LOL: