How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?

• 1- 500 people
    • 501-1000 people
    • 1001- 5000 people
    • 5001-10,000 people

OH my God,

they were fantastic, amazing and all above that. The Small Burton Cummings Theatre was a perfect intimate atmosphere, just over 1000 people showed up. No barriers, Our chests were pressed up to the stage, I could have reached out and touched Matts foot. The preformance was mind blowing, and the Talent was truly appreciated ten times more having seen it in 3d. Muse fans any where in the UK would kill to have what I had! Thats one plus to having a small fan base. T-shirts were a little pricey but worth every penny because you cant find Muse merchandise any where.

-Me the morning after the show in my new shirt -

http://members.msn.com/default.msnw?mpp=4263~5AjAAAAAAAEEYXgPIWltL603F7Ygt5VeHWuKprXt2szEE$~5AkAAAAAAEsbwxFTWYrQoQuQk*4TkeZ65L!4apSbiQfUo$

Fount it odd however that the only CD they were selling was the same one you can find at almost any HMV (absolution), You would think they would have the entire discography available for sale.

I followed leads around the city as to where they might be hanging out, the concert was only an hour long and ended at 10, so they obviously wouldn't be going back to the hotel. All leads dried up, too bad, I wanted to thank them for coming here even though the fan base is not so big, and to come back soon!

Any one else seen them in the peg? feel free to email me, looking for other fans here.

M-H

Yeah, I was hoping to get their other CDs but I think there are legal issues with their European labels that don't allow them to sell them over here. A friend from England had their OOS CD and it said "Not Eligible For Sale in North America" or something like that.

The show was great in the Burt. I wanted one of the shirts but I didn't have the money to spend on one. Fortunately I have family in England that can send me stuff :cool:

Yeah, I was hoping to get their other CDs but I think there are legal issues with their European labels that don't allow them to sell them over here. A friend from England had their OOS CD and it said "Not Eligible For Sale in North America" or something like that.

The show was great in the Burt. I wanted one of the shirts but I didn't have the money to spend on one. Fortunately I have family in England that can send me stuff :cool:

how much are we talking for a shirt?

rivum

They had pink ones with the black logo on it, also had black ones with the logo in pink. Those were $35. Stickers were $5, wristbands were $8, I didn't see any buttons although I wasn't really looking after I saw the other prices. Hoodies were available for $65, just in black though.

I'm still confused as to why they played Burton Cummings Theatre. It sounds like there are better venues in the city for a rock show. Having seen them in a better venue, I found that a seated theatre really prevented the type of atmosphere that the band seems to thrive by. The show felt kind of like they were just going through the motions, which I couldn't really blame them for when I looked across the front of the stage, I was almost the only person singing or moving and at a couple points I saw (at the front, WHILE they were playing) a girl staring at her digital camera browsing through the photos she had taken. Digital cameras are a plague to society, and especially to the passion of an audience. People should put more energy into enjoying an experience while it is happening than the act of giving themselves a weak and pathetic way to remember an experience that they never fully invested themselves in.

Anyway they didn't play an encore, and their set was only about an hour. I couldn't believe I got out of the venue before 10pm. The audience was pretty quiet which surprised me, you would think that a town that doesn't get many world class acts would appreciate a show like this, but I think the audience was pretty unfamiliar with the majority of the material and were just there to watch and be entertained which is entirely not the definition of a live Muse experience for me. Really people, live acts feed off your energy and if you give it to them you will be surely rewarded. I did feel a little sorry for the band but I'm still pretty adamant about the venue doing the most damage to the experience. The 'floor' was about 70 or 100 people at the most. Just the tiny bit of floor space infront of the front row of seats.

The Muse wristbands are really nice and are only $10.

I'm not sure how much more I have to say. I flew in from Vancouver to see this show and while I loved seeing them again it was disappointing to know that it could have been a lot better if the circumstances were different. I don't know though, a lame crowd isn't much of a chancy circumstance; either it is or it isn't, and it wasn't the other night in Winnipeg.

By the way, to anybody that will be seeing any of the remaining canadian dates, the support act 'Evening' are some cool people with enjoyable music. But there are some things you should know, especially if you like a some of their stuff. I read the review in the Winnipeg Free Post today in which they tossed a bit of a knock towards the Evening, which might have been a fair knock, however, what they don't know is that Evening's show is made up of material that is mostly years old only because they haven't been able to record their new material to CD yet. They're basically playing old songs because that's all they have to sell and I guess they don't want to misrepresent the product. The sad part is that they seem a lot fonder of the newer stuff. My friends and I were too (they did play at least 1 new song). Anyway, I think they compliment the Muse show well and they were friendly when I talked to them afterwards, so thumbs up to Evening. A lot more class than *COUGH* America Is Waiting *COUGH* who opened for Muse in Vancouver. That 'band' can just go die somewhere quietly, thanks.

Well, to the people in Winnipeg who did let themselves get into the show, and especially the ones who occasionally sang (I did hear you some times), thank you. I wish our passion and enthusiasm were more infectious.

Hey, we are lucky they came at all, I would have been happy if they played one song infront of me. No need to complain, they are so much bigger in the UK they could have just shrugged us (canada) all off... but they didnt!

If they didn't like it here much, they might not come back, which would be unfortunate. I didn't really notice about the venue since I had to sit in the balcony :mad: , but it did feel like I was there to watch a play and not a concert. Some people had no choice but to sit, which is a direct result of the venue, and people really weren't familiar with the stuff that wasn't on Absolution. I'm sure they picked up a bunch of new fans though.

The really bad thing about this is I can't think of another place in Winnipeg that would be able to hold the kind of numbers that showed up yesterday, that would provide a better experience. If they come to Canada again, I might have to do a bit of travelling :(

For the Toronto show,

Who is gonna be where when? ie. The Edge Studios, HMV signing, in line for the concert at the Kool Haus? Is there gonna be a meet up of sorts?

Wouldn't it be great if they played Microcuts!!!!?? ;)

The Kool Haus is miles away from anything but a hotdog stand and the lake. Should be fun. :LOL:

hey... i'm going to the toronto show... should be awesome, i went to the show in april, which was amazing, i was right by the stage, matthew and dominic looked so hot! :happy: ... anyway i hope they play some older songs, i'd really like to see/hear them play:

showbiz, hate this & i'll love you, space dementia, hyper music, microcuts, in your world, fury, twin, host, & screenager......

just to name a few ;) .... so just in case someone from the band or someone from the crew reads this you can just pass it along and let them know :D ... elle

Sorry shoulda posted this over in the Gigs section, my head is still kinda fuzzy and I didn't see the London thread till after I posted...

--------------------------------------------------------

London was fantastic. Damn the venue for not letting me take my drink over to where my friend and I were on floor. Sleep deprivation and drinking too fast seem to have made me rather spacey today. Looking forward to tonight!

Hey! you were at the front too?

I'm wondring who the wonderful people were at the very front of the line :)

oh no I didn't mean that I was at the very front, just that the venue holds that much, my friend just got her tonsils out, so she was kinda ill.. so we stayed further back.. but still had fun :)

Archived