How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?

• 1- 500 people
    • 501-1000 people
    • 1001- 5000 people
    • 5001-10,000 people

Hi I am new here and from Vancouver...

I just found out about Muse on Sunday when CFOX is playing Time is Running out....I didn't realize how great the band is when I was driving...but the scent of Radiohead is enough to draw some attention.

that night I search around the net and download bunch of songs off the net.

and instantly I was enlightened how great Muse is!

then I realize the band is coming to Vancouver ...tommorow!

ah sigh...tickets are sold out...seems like I just have aweful luck when buying tickets...first A Perfect Circle now Muse...

just ordered Absolution on Amazon.ca

hopefully that will redeem my absense in the concert and provide some salvtion until the next Vancouver Muse concert..

No comments on the Van show kids? Well... I must say both bands played stellar sets. I loved Muse trashed the stage rock star style. I had a huge bruise on my ribs from the people pushing me into the barrier afterwards...but I guess that's a small price to pay for being in the best seat in the house. I'm sad to see them go...but I'm sure they are glad to ditch that tour bus, even though it was homey. Can't wait untill they return in the fall. Then entire crew and band are all great guys. It was a night that shant soon be forgotten. I'll try and get the unincriminating photos posted as soon as I get the film.

god I envy u!!!

I found out about the concert way too late...sigh.

If only CFOX play Muse earlier, I could have a chance..

I drove down from Prince George to see the Van show, and it was great. I was on the right side of the audience, and during Stockholm Sydrome Matt solo-ed right in front of where I was standing. I was in the second row, so I had a fantastic view.

It was the best concert I've been to. The music was great, the sound was great, Muse rocked out, and the set trashing was hilarious.

I noticed ALOT of digital cameras that night, does anyone have pictures they want to share?

I tried to sit down and write about it but I'm so selfish I just don't want to give it all away for free like that, and just, there. I still can't. I can share some images, though.

reach.jpg

Okay, wait. Maybe I can do it. One highlight of the evening was during TSP (I think?). Matt broke a string as the chorus began and backed off the mic to switch guitars. Everybody near the stage was treated to their own harmonious rendition of the next verse of the chorus. Matt smiled and when he returned to the mic the band backtracked and continued the chorus from where he left off. There was a definite shift in the atmosphere at that point. Matt actually raised his hand in the air and let out a scream.

Anyway, I liked that.

ohhmm.jpg

Destruction antics are entertaining.

destruction.jpg

street_s.jpg

Ahhh, it was a crazy day. I have some more pics around somewhere, maybe. I've run out of energy for now though.

Oh, thank you to the nice people I met. From Edmonton and Nanaimo and Seattle.. Though it was not a lot of people, it is certainly not very often that I even have a coherent discussion with other fans at any shows. And it's presence was something else that I liked about Monday night.

Well, thank you to the band too, of course. And to the crew who had to clean up this.

wwtf.jpg

Hey Hey people...I'm so glad that perhaps Muse will come in Sept... Has anyone heard more about that? I just moved and am working now down around southern ontario. woo hoo! My job is cool I get to make salads for hungry kids and adults ha ha.

Laterz

From the Edge website......... :D

Still with the Cure now have their own Lollapalooza-ish festival. They call it “Curiosa” (catchy, no?) and the inaugural outing will feature Interpol, the Rapture, Mogwai, Muse, the Cooper Temple Clause, Auf Der Maur and more. As we suggested in the last report, the Toronto date will be sometime in early August—quite possibly with a day or two of a much-rumoured two-day Lollapalooza stop. (Don't tell anyone, but if you're a fan, I'd book off August 9 or 10, just in case.)

So I'm going with early August :D Alot earlier than first expected (September) :D I think I'm gonna burst with happiness!!! :D:D

Man, I hope it's not Early August unless I can get time off...I'm hoping for Early Sept...I'll be available then I hope...Geeze I hate super large crowds but I'll go for Muse.

From the Edge website......... :D

Still with the Cure now have their own Lollapalooza-ish festival. They call it “Curiosa” (catchy, no?) and the inaugural outing will feature Interpol, the Rapture, Mogwai, Muse, the Cooper Temple Clause, Auf Der Maur and more. As we suggested in the last report, the Toronto date will be sometime in early August—quite possibly with a day or two of a much-rumoured two-day Lollapalooza stop. (Don't tell anyone, but if you're a fan, I'd book off August 9 or 10, just in case.)

So I'm going with early August :D Alot earlier than first expected (September) :D I think I'm gonna burst with happiness!!! :D:D

Man, I hope it's not Early August unless I can get time off...I'm hoping for Early Sept...I'll be available then I hope...Geeze I hate super large crowds but I'll go for Muse.

I know...I'm not a fan of large crowds either. Unless Muse is there of course............... :D

• 2 weeks later...

oh man I missed so much, I havent checked this board in awhile. i dont know how I forgot, im a very bad girl

THEY ARE COMING IN AUGUST! oh man..

thats awesome

I feel so bad... my friend Jon who went with me to the mod club to see them, his band is on tour during that time. and he wanted to see them again.

oh poop.

So it's MUSE and the CURE! I think I am going to wet myself.. aaaah

I so need to check this place more often!! August 8th sounds fine and dandy to me :) :)

EDIT: I just checked that page that rivum posted, and it says "August 8th, 9th, or 10th"...

I hope that in the end they stick with August 8th. :D I wouldn't have to take a day off from work.....

Well, don't shoot the messenger, but I just heard from a very reliable source (record company rep) that it's happening in Toronto on August 9th.

August 9th? Oh well......I'll just have to take a day off work. Muse instead of work isn't exactly going to torture me. :LOL:

Cooonfirmed, w00t w00t.

There is a God, cure be thy name.

OMG! I forgot to mention that at 1:30am this morning (yes, I have trouble sleeping) Much Music aired an interview with Muse. It only lasted about 10mins. George interviewed them in what looked like a music store. They also showed parts of the concert at the Mod Club......... :D

EDIT: Here's a link to the show that they were on and for more dates that they are going to air the interview.....http://www.thenewmusic.net/comingup/

Archived