How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?

• 1- 500 people
    • 501-1000 people
    • 1001- 5000 people
    • 5001-10,000 people

I got to the Mod Club at 5:25pm. I seen Muse leave the Mod Club at around 7ish....wasn't the edge interview supposed to start at 6:30?

I'm really, really tired. The show was great beyond words....took lots of pictures. I will post them later on today. While I was in line with about 8 other people Matt and the guys passed within a foot of me and they all smiled very sweetly at everyone (including me) and nodded. I was speechless. What can I say when Matt is looking into my eyes? All I could do was enjoy the moment, smile back and say hello. They then went into the Mod Club for sound check. They left at 7ish for the edge "interview" in a little grey minivan. Don't know when they came back....they used a back door. They let us in at 8:50pm. I was right in front of the stage, first row, in front of Chris. I could have touched chris' shoe. We started a makeshift coat check on the speaker. The Exit played at 10pm....Muse came on around 11pm. It was great. I took 20+ pictures. We will see how they come out later on.....

My ears are ringing. They probably will be for days.

Is it just me or did it just seem like as soon as it started it was over? It all went so quickly.

The setlist was the same as the last few shows...

I just scored myself a free latte at Starbucks. I walked in (I'm extremely tired) and I hear excuse me. So I turn around and the person behind the cash asks me if I wanted a Latte. I said yes. He said I looked tired. I told him why :) Then when I went to pay he actually refused. It was a nice start to a day that will probably drag on an on.

I'm in disbelief. Even when I was telling him why I was tired, I couldn't believe myself! I am so happy but in a strange way. I can't wait to see them again! I know I will it's just a matter of when. :) I'm looking foward to hearing if they are going to come back in the fall. Just thinking about seeing them again puts a smile on my face. The pictures that I develop will probably help a bit. It will help convince myself that I really did see them! I wish I would have taken my digital camera. Oh well. The pictures will hopefully come out good. I couldn't concentrate good yesterday (if at all) and I can't concentrate so far. I'm rerunning the concert through my head over and over.....

Did anyone wait around for them after the show? I would have but the people I was with had to go home.

Muse have today in tommorow off. I wonder if they are staying in Toronto?

I'm just babbling aren't I? That's what happens when I'm this tired.

Hey everyone,

well I am at work writing this. I met "Canadian" last night, sorry I never got your name. She's a nice girl :)

The show last night was unbeleivable, I also couldn't believe I was there, neither could my friend Jon. See he is 18 and before the show we got him a fake i.d and it worked so we were happy. and I was happy he was with me. It was a great night.

The only problem was we made friends with this Turkish guy, he was nice and all but he sang during the show and was louder than Matt himself, it was killing me... KILLING ME!

But I was ok, I jumped and I moshed and I had fun, and I got around 140 digital pictures... really awesome and I can't wait to upload them....

I can't believe how hot they are in person, I just wish I could have met them like "Canadian", you lucky girl... if only I was there 30 minutes earlier... damn my feet hurt.

My entire body feels like it's falling apart, i didn't get home until 2 am and had to be up for 7 am!

I be off now..

toodles

Did anyone wait around for them after the show? I would have but the people I was with had to go home.

I'm just babbling aren't I? That's what happens when I'm this tired.

\

hmmm.. it's ok to babble :)

I didn't stay after the show I had to get on the subway and get home before the subway closed on me. I would have loved to stay afte the show and meet them.

ANd I am really pissed I couldn't get a set list or a PIC! i wanted a pic so badly, and my friend JOn plays in a band, plays guitar and he wanted a pic...

:(

\

hmmm.. it's ok to babble :)

I didn't stay after the show I had to get on the subway and get home before the subway closed on me. I would have loved to stay afte the show and meet them.

ANd I am really pissed I couldn't get a set list or a PIC! i wanted a pic so badly, and my friend JOn plays in a band, plays guitar and he wanted a pic...

:(

Hi Lisseth! My name is Michelle :) It was great meeting you yesterday! It's nice to put a face to a name. You and your friend Jon were nice company to have while waiting in line.

I overheard Jon talking a bit about his band. What kind of music do they play?

AMAZING. That's all I can say. It felt like a religious experience for me, lol. Beyond, it was the best show I've ever seen, beating out Silverchair in Brisbane, Australia. I was on the right side up where the table were up against the barrier so I was pretty damn close, which made everything so much better. I never knew I could scream so loud and move so much in my life! :D They HAVE TO come back to tour here, no if's, 'and's, or 'but's, they have too. My ears haven't rang so much in my life but everything was worth it. And the music the Mod Club was playing before the concert started was really, really good too. I might just go back there.

Now a question, did Muse seem generally surprised with the positive responce we were giving them? They were all smiles and stuff :D The plave wher eI was it was wicked seeing the crowd respond to Muse, everyone was getting into the show :D

I'm trying to upload the photos now and I'll see if I can get some up tonight.

Oh! Canadian I think I saw you @ Ossington Station. I didn't see anyone from the board at the show, or at least I'm sure, but yeah, I was with anothe girl going westbound on bloor, we might have been loudish and stuff, lol.

Oh! Canadian I think I saw you @ Ossington Station. I didn't see anyone from the board at the show, or at least I'm sure, but yeah, I was with anothe girl going westbound on bloor, we might have been loudish and stuff, lol.

You did! It was me! :D I jumped on the train at Ossington just to go two stops because my legs and feet were killing me from standing so long. It's strange, I didn't feel anything during the show.....I wonder why? :LOL:

Now a question, did Muse seem generally surprised with the positive responce we were giving them? They were all smiles and stuff :D The plave wher eI was it was wicked seeing the crowd respond to Muse, everyone was getting into the show :D

i think they were generally very pleased at the north american response as a whole...they mentioned in the edge interview that they were expecting to play to 40 people a night.

it makes sense...from their viewpoint, they've never done anything in north america, and when they've tried in the past, they flopped, being dismissed as a radiohead clone. it's probably come as a big surprise to them that they have so many people who have heard of them, let alone be massive fans.

i was listening to the edge throughout the night last night, and the evening guy kept commenting on how crazy it was at the edge studios when muse was in.

glad to hear everyone had a great time. i'll have to make sure i get in next time.

rivum

Hi Lisseth! My name is Michelle :) It was great meeting you yesterday! It's nice to put a face to a name. You and your friend Jon were nice company to have while waiting in line.

I overheard Jon talking a bit about his band. What kind of music do they play?

They play hardcore but they mix jazz and other types of music into their stuff. They are compared to bands like Thursday/Alexisonfire, etc...

But are amazing... check out http://www.courtesyblush.com <-- band's name Courtesy Blush they are touring with Jairus in Europe in August if you have heard of them

Nope, they went to Niagara Falls to do some touristy stuff.

Funny thing, when I went in, there was an empty bottle on the side. I glanced at it and did a double take when I saw it said "Muse." Turns out it was bottled Sex on the Beach and the company that made it was "Muse." I wonder if the band drank any.

I haven't been able to upload yet, but I di dfind out my livejournal does still exist, so hopefully I'll have a few up there later tonight. And if anyone wanted to know the music that the Mod Club was playing before the Exit came on I just found out it was from Snow Patrol's latest album :D. I REALLY enjoyed the music the Mod Club played before each set, really wicked.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/psykodelicteddy/

They have pictures from the show and the interview on the edge website!!!

(Thanks to flydesign for letting me know they had pictures from the show up)

I'm in two of the pictures.....in picture # 3 I'm inbetween James and my Mom, she's wearing bright blue. And in picture #11 I'm the one on the bottom right looking down.

http://www.edge.ca/photogallery/gallery.cfm?collection_id=641&station=Edge

Michelle

omg.

Libra: were you the one who grabbed the set list at the same time as my friend Jon...? he has shaggy brown hair and a goatee...i got so angry cause i think the both of you had your hands on it.

Btw: awesome photos, i believe you were right infront of me during the show...well between me and this tall guy!

Nope Lisseth, no one pushed me (thank goodness).

Canadian, were you one of the girls standing on the stairs?

I finally have all of my photos uploaded here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287085267

It's ImageStation, as you can see, so you need a login to see the photos unfortunately :( It's really easy to sign up though...

Do you mean in front of the Mod Club? I was the 6th person in line.

Yah and I was right behind "Canadian" sort of... I was with a guy with shaggy brown/blonde hair, and we were standing with this Turkish guy with a big mustache... *shivers* lol...

Obviously I was the one with pink hair, and I kept complaining about being cold in the line up in my jean jacket...

Obviously I was the one with pink hair, and I kept complaining about being cold in the line up in my jean jacket...

I remember you from the line and I remember seeing Canadian in the club for certain (mainly cause when I'd look at chris from the other end of the club because I was in front of Matt, I would get this look that was like "what you looking at?" I mean, it just looked that way probably not lol), and pretty sure I saw Libra whilst in line too. Amazing show, the bootleg is great too. Not the clearest, but it sounds wonderful with a little eq on winamp and brings me right back there. :)

I remember seeing Canadian in the club for certain (mainly cause when I'd look at chris from the other end of the club because I was in front of Matt, I would get this look that was like "what you looking at?" I mean, it just looked that way probably not lol)

:LOL: I'm sooooo sorry!!! I didn't mean to give you that look at at all! I remember you because you were there everytime I would look at Matt (which was often.....) If I see you again sometime, possibly at the next Muse show, I promise that I'll smile and not give you "that look". :) I just find it hard to believe that I wasn't smiling all night. Even thinking about the show right now makes me smile. :D

Archived