Hardest Muse Song On Guitar

Jacky Boy

• 2 months later...

I only have a classical (meaning it cuts off at 12 frets instead of 14 like other acoustics), and Stockholm Syndrome's a b**** on it. I also find Invincible's solo often makes me want to commit suicide. But ignoring the limitations of a classical, the hardest song...

Well, I don't know. :$

Oh, and following the pattern of the last few posts:

Try Bliss's synth part - on guitar

OR

Try playing Bliss - falling down a massive hole like in the music video

OR

Try Bliss - on a bike

As you can see, I like Bliss.

And yet New Born is better :p

• 2 months later...

Ur, I would never say there's any song particularly hard to play on guitar, just ones that take a while to learn. The longest song in took me to learn would be TiRO. I find stuff like Stockholm Syndrome and the Guiding Light solo to be more fun than challenging since I like alternate picking, but any song with chords takes me ages to learn off because I usually lose interest and start learning something else or I just have difficulty practising the chords transistions.

My advice to anyone who has trouble playing fast songs, practise the solo from Digital Love by Daft Punk. You may not be able to learn it, but it sure as hell helps you practise alternate and sweep picking and really puts it into perspective :LOL:

Bliss is pretty hard. So is SS and part of hysteria. Sunburn too oh and i hate piano thing too!

i find CE real easy along wiv starlight, uprising, fury, knights, smbh, motp, tsp, guiding light, feeling good, NSC, invincible, assassin, blackout, forced in, showbiz, new born (eaaasssyyyy!!)

• 1 year later...
i think the most hardest muse song to play on guitar is invincible. the chords are tricky and the solo is so hard. must spread your left hand really wide.

I actually find the that sorta of chunky picking he does in the verse the hardest. I learnt the solo in a week or so. I have to vote for Citizen erased. Its long and hard thats what she said;)

I've learnt Stockholm, Knights of Cydonia, plug in baby and I'm currently about to tackle MK Ultra but I'm waiting a while before Citizen Erased. Those harmonics at the start are quite hard to nail

I actually find the that sorta of chunky picking he does in the verse the hardest. I learnt the solo in a week or so. I have to vote for Citizen erased. Its long and hard thats what she said;)

Imho CE is even easier than Bliss to play on guitar, if you improv the solo, because obviously you're never going to get it exactly like the album version. Hardest one to play and sing for me would have to be The Groove, it's a wanker.

Imho CE is even easier than Bliss to play on guitar, if you improv the solo, because obviously you're never going to get it exactly like the album version. Hardest one to play and sing for me would have to be The Groove, it's a wanker.

Normally when I learn a song I try to get as close to the original as I can :rolleyes: The tough part is getting a sleazy feel of the playing. To get that sound you can't really think about your playing or else it gets too clinical but you still have to hit the right notes. Thats whats difficult about it.

Normally when I learn a song I try to get as close to the original as I can :rolleyes: The tough part is getting a sleazy feel of the playing. To get that sound you can't really think about your playing or else it gets too clinical but you still have to hit the right notes. Thats whats difficult about it.

Yeah, that's the opposite to what I do generally, but it's probably much harder. I guess it just depends on your technique. I mean, my pickings not really good enough to play something like SS, which is shameful, but I can play CE and say, Newborn fine.

Is there a "bass version" of this thread?

Or is it just universally agreed upon that Hysteria is the hardest. :LOL:

I don't know about that, Muse have plenty of more complex basslines. I don't play bass properly though, so I couldn't say.

Yeah, Hysteria is easy for me as well, but people regard it as the king of bass lines sometimes. :LOL:

Honestly, New Born was one of the hardest for me, just because my hand would get tired. Not so much now though.

New Born is the hardest bass line out of Muse's songs I think. My friend who plays guitar and bass knows the bass line on bass and guitar, he learned it pretty quick. New Born on the other hand is fast and tiring for him.

New Born is the hardest bass line out of Muse's songs I think. My friend who plays guitar and bass knows the bass line on bass and guitar, he learned it pretty quick. New Born on the other hand is fast and tiring for him.

I play bass and I have to say New Born was a real pain in the ass in the beginning, but after a while it gets really easy! One that gives me a bit of trouble is Futurism, but I guess I just need practice...

Glad I wasn't the only one having a hard time with NB then.

I think the MK Jam is a close contender in the fatigue department. The constant hammer-ons / pull-offs get tiring. It's a lot easier on the D string though, which Chris has done a few times I think.

Archived