Hardest Muse Song On Guitar

Jacky Boy

Well the new muse tour is a given for meetups really.

I'm defo going to go next tour but I don't know whether to go to an irish gig or an english gig with ye. Are you worth €100 extra on top of the 70 quid for the ticket? :facepalm:

• 4 months later...
Muse songs are not that hard after some 5 years of playing,but i found Thoughts of a dying atheist and Stockholm Syndrome pretty difficult at the beginning.Just play and you will see that songs are getting easier:)

I remember I always struggled with TOADA. Not the actual playing, I think that picking pattern is probably what I manage best on guitar, but just the speed of it. I've got the hang of it now though

I am apalling at tapping/hammer ons etc.

Also, I've always really liked Matt's tone in TOADA verses

Yup that fender sounds really good. :D

I should film myself tapping and upload it as the funniest video on youtube. It's so god awful.

Yup that fender sounds really good. :D

I should film myself tapping and upload it as the funniest video on youtube. It's so god awful.

It's really annoying cos two of my favourite bands use a helluva lot of tapping in their songs. One day I'll practice or something...

I've never had much need for tapping but I'm not too terrible when I do it (only occasions are at the end of Plug In Baby and Invincible). HO/POs are probably my forte. I really wish I could tremelo pick cleaner though, so that things like Blackout didn't sound like shit half the time :(

I've never had much need for tapping but I'm not too terrible when I do it (only occasions are at the end of Plug In Baby and Invincible). HO/POs are probably my forte. I really wish I could tremelo pick cleaner though, so that things like Blackout didn't sound like shit half the time :(

We should combine like some Transformer shit and become the ultimate guitar player with some crappy name

One day I'll practice or something...

Lol, my sentiments exactly. Although unlike you I don't feel the need to learn. I'd like to learn but only for shits and gigs. I can tap as long as it doesn't involve long stretches where I have to use my ring finger/pinky (ie. 99.9% of tapping).

• 3 years later...

It's very hard to decide, I wouldn't say Hysteria, I can play that it just takes a little bit of understanding of the song, in my opinion it's going to be between Thoughts of a Dying Atheist or Stockholm Syndrome, mainly because of the quick tempo to the song, but in the new album, Drones, Reapers is a difficult piece, but weirdly i easily find stockholm syndrome a lot harder, it's just your hand needs the training. Finally, another difficult song is assassin, which is another very quick piece, finally im finished

Archived